Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

😀😀 Ron fired days ago. Mission Accomplished.😀😄

88Comrade2000

5 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

It’s possible. That Snyder stench doesn’t come off easily though.

I think there is going to be a full fumigation.  

They are quietly going to replace Jason Wright as well, and a lot of the people who work in the organization.

By the beginning of the season, the total number of people who worked for Ron in the football side, coaches, players, scouts, FO, could be less than 20.

It’s going to be a total and complete extermination.

Unfortunately, I’m sure there will be some good folks who get tossed out.  But that’s just the cost of doing business unfortunately. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Agree.  And I am not even a whit worried about Ron staying.

Sheehan who is plugged in to the #1 minority owner said from what he heard they decided to move on from Rivera BEFORE the season even started.  They looked at his tenure and saw enough.  This season certainly isn't changing their mind about hey maybe we were wrong for doubting Ron because he's really killing it this season. :D

Ambassador Gutman needs to keep his trap shut.  I’m convinced that’s the source, and has been from the beginning, the guy who was feeding Sheehan info on the HOG even before the sale.  

I don’t think Mitch or Josh, who are going out of their way to not say anything, want things to get out.  

I appreciate the insider knowledge but would prefer if the boat had no leaks.  

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Ambassador Gutman needs to keep his trap shut.  I’m convinced that’s the source, and has been from the beginning, the guy who was feeding Sheehan info on the HOG even before the sale.  

I don’t think Mitch or Josh, who are going out of their way to not say anything, want things to get out.  

I appreciate the insider knowledge but would prefer if the boat had no leaks.  

Sheehan's very measured in how he talks about it, he doesn't for example tweet it or put it out as a report.  So I am not upset at knowing what he knows.  It's not like its some shocking revelation.  Based on what we learned about Harris before he even bought the team -- based on what we know about Ron -- it didn't seem like a future marriage from the start.  

21 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Hiring Belichick is a Snyder move.

The idea of it, would be.  I'd think no chance Belichick would take it -- at least not in the later Snyder years when the dysfunction hit epic proportions.  Also Belichick was close with Shanny.   If Belichick even humored the idea, Shanny I'd bet would share enough stories to scare him away.

I don't want Belchick now.  But if Dan was here I seriously doubt he'd get him but agree he'd try.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

It's probably been mentioned here, but there were dueling statements about Del Rio's firing.  One by Rivera which is on this site and then one by Harris.  What an ego maniac Rivera has to be to think that he's still in charge.  The end of the season and the end of his tenure here can't come fast enough

Edited by NoVaSkins21
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

It's probably been mentioned here, but there were dueling statements about Del Rio.  One by Rivera which is on this site and then one by Harris.  What an ego maniac Rivera has to be to think that he's still in charge.  The end of the season and the end of his tenure here can't come fast enough

It’s very normal and expected that the HC would have a statement about the coordinator that was just fired. Nothing wrong with it, as much as I’m over Rivera.

The Harris statement was simply to placate the fans who also want Rivera gone right now. “Bigger change is on the way” was the subtext. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, DWinzit said:

That article says Ron has "earned the right" to remain until the end of the season. I hate reading that based on the way this season has gone, forget about what he went through in the other years. He really has "earned the right" to be fired this week.

I know...the idea is to make Josh look benevolent, not making rash decisions. It would not be a rash move to can Ron, but I know he will possibly begrudgingly stay on the sidelines. can only hope the team can play respectfully until the end of the season and not deal with any major injuries. 

Ron is staying on because the owner really doesn't have a good option to replace him. Especially, since the team doesn't want EB and fired Jack was the other interim option.

Ron has earned the right to be fired.   There will be no need for a revue, though Josh may give him the courtesy of that.  Ron can be fired minutes after the Dallas finale is over..

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

Hiring Belichick is a Snyder move.

I agree

5 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Ron is staying on because the owner really doesn't have a good option to replace him. Especially, since the team doesn't want EB and fired Jack was the other interim option.

Ron has earned the right to be fired.   There will be no need for a revue, though Josh may give him the courtesy of that.  Ron can be fired minutes after the Dallas finale is over..

Question, since RR has almost full control of everything, would it make sense to fire the GM(s) we have before the end of the season so we get a jump on every other team for the top candidates and can we hire an assistant GM from another organization mid-season? Naming a new GM before the end of the season sends a strong message to RR that he's lost control over everything that Snyder gave him above and beyond coaching on the field. Then, the new GM has full authority to handle RR how he sees fit with Harris' blessing. 

1 hour ago, kingdaddy said:

Question, since RR has almost full control of everything, would it make sense to fire the GM(s) we have before the end of the season so we get a jump on every other team for the top candidates and can we hire an assistant GM from another organization mid-season? Naming a new GM before the end of the season sends a strong message to RR that he's lost control over everything that Snyder gave him above and beyond coaching on the field. Then, the new GM has full authority to handle RR how he sees fit with Harris' blessing. 

No for 2 reasons

1.) Its not a traditional time to hire a GM. You won't really see anybody hire a GM b4 the end of the regular season so we are not falling behind anybody by standing pat. You'd probably piss off the shadow fraternity by poking around executives of other teams right now. Good way to get your org blackball'd.

2.) Ron's contract is prohibitive, as he has GM-like control. You can not bring in a true GM as long as Ron's current contract is on the books... meaning your hiring a neutered dog. If you can convince a guy to sign and be that castrated animal and assure them that you'll expand his role after Ron leaves, OK, but you can't give it to him right now. Maybe that effects who you can get.

I don't see a reason good enough to deal with those headaches.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I believe the GM target is Ian Cunningham and the domino will fall very quickly after the season ends since Chicago is obviously not making the playoffs. Coaching search will take longer as candidates will be in the postseason. That gap will be helpful in giving the new GM a smidge of time to get settled before diving into the HC search process.

Edited by CapsSkins
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Talking about someone who has had a bad run. Mr. RR.  Assuming the Commanders lose another game this year (I will push all of my chips in on that one, Ron will be 6 seasons consecutively without a winning season.  During that time, with two organizations his record is 38 and 55.  

However here is my greater concern.  Since he left and through today, the Panthers are 18 and 43.  That is evidence that he left the cupboard pretty bear there from a talent standpoint and a player development standpoint.  Should we fear that same kind of hangover here after he is gone?  Think about it.  OL is a mess, tight ends are not good, defensive backs not good, linebackers are a train wreck and quarterback while showing promise remains unsettled.  

• Sad 2

4 minutes ago, glongest said:

However here is my greater concern.  Since he left and through today, the Panthers are 18 and 43.  That is evidence that he left the cupboard pretty bear there from a talent standpoint and a player development standpoint.  Should we fear that same kind of hangover here after he is gone?  Think about it.  OL is a mess, tight ends are not good, defensive backs not good, linebackers are a train wreck and quarterback while showing promise remains unsettled.  

You are correct. This team has too many holes to fill in the off-season. But if we hire a smart GM who can draft and if Howell works out (I think he will), we could be competitive in 2025. Teams with good QBs can rebound quick. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I love this part

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/widely-assumed-commanders-will-fire-ron-rivera-after-season-washington-could-be-looking-for-new-gm-as-well/

"Everyone's shooting for Washington," one personnel executive said of the Commanders not-vacant GM position.

Washington has a healthy salary cap situation, good draft picks and an ownership group that -- admittedly not even a half-year into its rule -- appears competent. There's an allure to a job in Washington that hasn't been there for a quarter-century.

Considering Harris' background, a league source tells CBS Sports that any candidate with an open-mindedness to data and analytics will likely be a plus.

The Team President should also be on the list of people that should be fired.

• Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, glongest said:

Talking about someone who has had a bad run. Mr. RR.  Assuming the Commanders lose another game this year (I will push all of my chips in on that one, Ron will be 6 seasons consecutively without a winning season.  During that time, with two organizations his record is 38 and 55.  

There is a ton of work to do. But I’m confident Harris will hire a competent President/GM, give them the resources they need, and stay out of the way.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

I agree

Ron is charge of everything.  So, unless Ron is doing the firing; Josh would be in breech of Ron’s contract.

Ron will be eliminated on the 7th after the Dallas game or on Black Monday on the 8th. Let’s hope Josh had a list of candidates to call after Ron is fired and we spend that week interviewing Gm candidates. Hopefully, not to long after 15th he’s hired. Hopefully by the conference games or the bye week before superbowl  our new coach is hired. Unless our guy is on one of the superbowl teams.

Edited by 88Comrade2000

9 hours ago, WilberMarshall said:

The Team President should also be on the list of people that should be fired.

Maybe.  I don't care personally.  I am looking forward to the day when as Sheehan likes to say we become like other fan bases who don't even know who their team's president of business operation is and don't care because the position has nothing to do with the team's win loss record. 

Our fan base uniquely knew who runs the business operation because we had an owner who doesn't speak publicly so we became aware of every dude who would speak in turn.  Most fans bases don't pay or attention or care about the dude who runs the business side.  I follow a lot of media types who cover other teams, I don't think i've ever read a peep about the dude who runs the business side of any team.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 5
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Maybe.  I don't care personally.  I am looking forward to the day when as Sheehan likes to say we become like other fan bases who don't even know who their team's president of business operation is and don't care because the position has nothing to do with the team's win loss record. 

Our fan base uniquely knew who runs the business operation because we had an owner who doesn't speak publicly so we became aware of every dude who would speak in turn.  Most fans bases don't pay or attention or care about the dude who runs the business side.  I follow a lot of media types who cover other teams, I don't think i've ever read a peep about the dude who runs the business side of any team.

It's interesting how much out-in-front he was under He Who Must Not Be Named and how invisible he is under Jesus Harris.

And....

42 days until January 8th.

• Like 3