Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

šŸ˜€šŸ˜€ Ron fired days ago. Mission Accomplished.šŸ˜€šŸ˜„

88Comrade2000

6 hours ago, lovemaskins said:

Probably not the popular opinion, but Iā€™m hoping Ron and EB come back for one more season, but fire Del Rio. Simply because I want Howell in the same system again.Ā 

Ā 

If a GM wants to keep EB it's possible because EB is under contract for another year.Ā  Harris needs to build a winner for the long-term.Ā  Get the GM in and let the GM make the decisions.Ā  Build the structure for success.Ā  The coach is important but one more year of an EB offense before switching to the coach you really want doesn't make sense IMO.Ā  I want a ten year coach paired with ten years of Howell if he's the right QB

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, dckey said:

I like a new GM that sees EB as HC, Pritchard as OC and All new DEF Staff, or bring back Chris Harris as DC

EB hasnā€™t done much to warrant the head coaching gig. Frankly, heā€™s shown why he should never be a head coach.

Ā 

Ā 

You move on completely from Synder stench band and EB is part of that. He only got the job do to the good ole boys network. If Ron didnā€™t hire him, he likely would be either unemployed or coaching below the OC position.

Edited by 88Comrade2000
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

9 hours ago, lovemaskins said:

Probably not the popular opinion, but Iā€™m hoping Ron and EB come back for one more season, but fire Del Rio. Simply because I want Howell in the same system again.

Ā 

Ā 

That's like keeping the captain of the Titanic because of the great band on board. You get rid of the idiot captain before he hits the iceberg and hire someone competent to steer the vessel back home with the band preferably still alive and undrowned.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, BurgundyBooger said:

Ā 

Ā 

That's like keeping the captain of the Titanic because of the great band on board. You get rid of the idiot captain before he hits the iceberg and hire someone competent to steer the vessel back home with the band preferably still alive and undrowned.

Thatā€™s an odd analogy, but I get the gistā€¦Ā 

1 hour ago, BurgundyBooger said:

Ā 

Ā 

Pretty good analogy right here....

I'd agree that bringing in another OC can hinder Howell's growth, and having a good setup and resources around a QB you're investing in is sooooo important..... However, I think the overall health of the franchise, long term, rests on a head of football ops being able to follow through on "their" entire vision.Ā 

Ā 

The one good thing that could help mitigate any regression for Howell is that most of the best offensive coaches in the league are running some form of Andy Reid, Sean McVay, or Kyle Shanahan's west coast scheme so Howell wouldn't necessarily be starting from square one.

One of the things that these younger coaches have in common, is they are good teachers and communicators. Having old men yell at you is a thing of the past. Putting Howell in a better offense, with a better coach is only going to help.

Ā 

Keeping Howell with EB for the sake of it, is like putting Davis at MLB green dot with Jack.Ā 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I will say though that if the new GM interviews EB and is impressed with him enough to be the new HC then I'm okay with that.

Something tells me, EB will just be a position coach in 24; if heā€™s coaching.

Ā 

His tenure here is showing heā€™s not a good oc and definitely isnā€™t head coaching material.

Ā 

Having Patrick Mahomes masked how mediocre EB really is. Ā 

• Thumb down 1

1 minute ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Something tells me, EB will just be a position coach in 24; if heā€™s coaching.

Ā 

His tenure here is showing heā€™s not a good oc and definitely isnā€™t head coaching material.

Ā 

Having Patrick Mahomes masked how mediocre EB really is. Ā 

You might be right. I think EB's been better the last couple weeks but his playcalling and scheme have a bit too much Scott Turner in him as well. But I wanna see how the season plays out.Ā 

We had a three point win over an awful Patriots team, and people act like we are going on a run. We have at least 4 more loses: SF, Miami, Dallas on Thanksgiving, and Seattle, in Seattle. We will be hard pressed to beat the Jets and Rams on the road.

Ā 

SF and the Jets are going to be ugly and will show of EB is legitimate or not.

20 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

We had a three point win over an awful Patriots team, and people act like we are going on a run. We have at least 4 more loses: SF, Miami, Dallas on Thanksgiving, and Seattle, in Seattle. We will be hard pressed to beat the Jets and Rams on the road.

Ā 

SF and the Jets are going to be ugly and will show of EB is legitimate or not.

Unfortunately, I agree with all of this. Ā Thereā€™s no way weā€™re beating San Francisco, Miami or Dallas on Thanksgiving. Ā Thatā€™s three guaranteed losses right there. Ā If this team wants to get into the playoffs as the 7th seed, they need to have 8 wins MINIMUM. Ā That means that we need to win the rest of the games on our schedule that arenā€™t SF, Dallas & Miami. Ā We HAVE to beat the Seahawks on Sunday to have any chance at getting in as a wildcard. Ā I have no idea if this team can beat the Jets & Rams on the road, but those are must wins too, as is the Giants game next Sunday at home with Tommy DeVito starting Ā at QB for NYG. Ā If we can get to Thanksgiving at 6-5, then we have a decent chance to be a wildcard team. Ā 5-6 or worse = goodnight Irene.

Ā 

That final home game against Dallas is also the key to us getting into the playoffs. Ā Dallas wonā€™t win the division, so hopefully theyā€™re the 5th or 6th seed by the time we play them. Ā If they have the 5th or 6th seed locked up, they probably wonā€™t play their starters that last game, so if we need to win that game to get in as #7, that makes the winning that game less daunting.

Edited by samy316

Iā€™m willing to concede the Dallas games, Miami and Seattle. Ā The defense simply cannot defend offenses like Dallas and Miami. Ā Seattle on the road is just tough.

Ā 

The 49ers though to me are not the daunting task they once appeared to be, and they have to travel cross country to play us.

Ā 

Most likely though, the team finishes with 8 wins- those wins coming from NYG, Rams, Jets and maybe the 49ers- putting them in a position to play for the 7 seed, needing to beat Dallas at home in week 18. Ā Has all the makings of Ronā€™s parting gift of a gut wrenching loss where the losers wearing stars get to walk out of FedEx mocking the Ders.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome

It's amazing to me how EB doesn't get any credit....Ā  Our offense is completely 1000% better than previous years.Ā  We're giving all of the credit of this turnaround to Howell but none to EB.Ā  I also looked at the Kansas City Offense and since EB left they are not this juggernaut offense they once were.Ā  Howell has 2471 yds 14 TD 9 INT 66.6% Comp compared to Mahomes who hasĀ  2442 yds 17 TD 8 INT 68.6% Comp.Ā  Kansas City offense is 12th in scoring and 7th in YPG and we are 18th in scoring and 17th in YPG.Ā  Their defense is way better than ours by a large margin.Ā  In no ways am I saying Howell is Mahomes but to see the drop-off in Mahomes and the rise of Howell and the only difference in both organizations is EB.Ā  Not saying it is all him but he deserves at least 50% of the credit.Ā Ā 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Has all the makings of Ronā€™s parting gift of a gut wrenching loss where the losers wearing stars get to walk out of FedEx mocking the Ders.

Ā 

They can mock us now, but they're still stuck with McCarthy and Jerry Jones.

Ā 

I know it may be unfashionable, but I want out of this cycle of mediocrity. I have no desire to eek into the playoffs to get drubbed out, immediately. I want no chance that Rivera or the Marties survive.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

We have no idea what will happen. The NFL is extremely week to week. I think with Howell trending up we'll have a chance in most games. I'm not saying we'll make the playoffs for sure but I wouldn't be so quick to concede anything.Ā 

Just now, Riggo#44 said:

Ā 

They can mock us now, but they're still stuck with McCarthy and Jerry Jones.

Ā 

I know it may be unfashionable, but I want out of this cycle of mediocrity. I have no desire to eek into the playoffs to get drubbed out, immediately. I want no chance that Rivera or the Marties survive.

I think if we make the playoffs but lose in round 1 Rivera and co. are still gone. Harris won't be happy with that kind of a finish.

I am not willing to concede anything to the cowgirls.We seems to play to level of our competition. We've seen our team give the eagles issues.The eagles are clearly better than the cowgirls. I believe Sam Howell shreds the cowgirls and gives us a chance to win on Thanksgiving day. The emerging Jahan Dotson really has taken the passing game to a new level.Ā 

Edited by Ghedrick

I don't see how any of these coaches return.Ā  Clean house and a totally new group of people is desperately needed. Howell went to a brand new system this last offseason, he can certainly do it again.Ā  A few months of growing pains is certainly better than retaining any of these coaches.Ā  Now if the new group decides to retain EB I'm fine with that but it should be their choice.Ā 

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

We have no idea what will happen. The NFL is extremely week to week. I think with Howell trending up we'll have a chance in most games. I'm not saying we'll make the playoffs for sure but I wouldn't be so quick to concede anything.Ā 

I think if we make the playoffs but lose in round 1 Rivera and co. are still gone. Harris won't be happy with that kind of a finish.

Ā 

Given this past draft and FA crop, I don't see how the Marties survive, or Rivera retains personnel control, at the very least.

• Like 1