Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

😀😀 Ron fired days ago. Mission Accomplished.😀😄

88Comrade2000

10 hours ago, Conn said:

We don’t need to see Ron as the bar anymore, thankfully. That’s not the choice we’ll be presented with. 

I checked the wire this morning, I didn't see anything about him being fired? Did I miss an article about Harris's intent to let him go?

6 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

Of course I can......sarcasm based on his automatic assumption that Ron won't get a 5 year extension for a 100mil.

I'm sure I can speak for everyone, including Ron, but he's not getting an extension.

He'll possibly make it to the end of the year out of generosity and respect, but that's it.

Everyone knows this.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'm sure I can speak for everyone, including Ron, but he's not getting an extension.

He'll possibly make it to the end of the year out of generosity and respect, but that's it.

Everyone knows this.

Good morning @Koolblue13, have you had your coffee yet? I will explode if Ron even gets a sniff of next years draft as an employee of this team.

joy-amusement.gif

Edited by tmandoug1

1 hour ago, tmandoug1 said:

I checked the wire this morning, I didn't see anything about him being fired? Did I miss an article about Harris's intent to let him go?

44 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

Of course I can......sarcasm based on his automatic assumption that Ron won't get a 5 year extension for a 100mil.

25 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

Good morning @Koolblue13, have you had your coffee yet? I will explode if Ron even gets a sniff of next years draft as an employee of this team.

joy-amusement.gif

You okay this morning? No idea what you’re going on about or why you took such exception to my extremely simple post.  Read my post again and you can decide if you want to respond normally. Otherwise let’s leave it at: we do not need to compare potential hires to Ron Rivera because he’s gone regardless. We’re not “just” trying to do better than Ron, that would be an easy hurdle to manage—we’re trying to have a top organization in the sport. So when you’re thinking about a potential GM/HC pairing, you don’t need to simply ask yourself “is this person better than Ron Rivera?” because you could do better than Ron and still be a loser organization. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Are you drunk already?

Nope, just in a great mood today.

3 hours ago, Conn said:

You okay this morning? No idea what you’re going on about or why you took such exception to my extremely simple post.  Read my post again and you can decide if you want to respond normally. Otherwise let’s leave it at: we do not need to compare potential hires to Ron Rivera because he’s gone regardless. We’re not “just” trying to do better than Ron, that would be an easy hurdle to manage—we’re trying to have a top organization in the sport. So when you’re thinking about a potential GM/HC pairing, you don’t need to simply ask yourself “is this person better than Ron Rivera?” because you could do better than Ron and still be a loser organization. 

I agree. My initial comment was about hiring Belichek to replace Ron. Which to me....I think would be a good move. But I haven't really looked deep into any other options. 

3 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

Nope, just in a great mood today.

I agree. My initial comment was about hiring Belichek to replace Ron. Which to me....I think would be a good move. But I haven't really looked deep into any other options. 

Right. And my point was that it would be a good move if Ron was your only other option, but thankfully he isn’t 

• Like 2

Man Florio's garbage has got a lot of people thinking that Belichick would be a good hire.  Everyone does realize that Belichick is older than Ron, hasn't been good since Brady left ,and it isn't the early to mid 2000s right?  Plus he's a huge D*** to a lot of people.

Edited by NoVaSkins21
  • Like 6

59 minutes ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Man Florio's garbage has got a lot of people thinking that Belichick would be a good hire.  Everyone does realize that Belichick is older than Ron, hasn't been good since Brady left ,and it isn't the early to mid 2000s right?  Plus he's a huge D*** to a lot of people.

Do a lot of people think it would be a good idea ? I don’t think they do at all. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andre The Giant said:

Me too ... at one point the Eagles fans couldn't wait to get Andy Reid out of Philly (his teams were in a down cycle).  How'd that work out?

Would be thrilled with hiring Belichick.

I think if you asked any Philly fan, they would be happy with 1-1 in the Superbowl and the team they have constructed since he was fired.

Also, I do not want Belichick as HC/GM!

:229:The Rook

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

So, drugs then..  :ols: 

I'm on a military base........drugs are verboten. But, I am in a great mood....wine tonight, once that sets in we can talk about Jeff Fisher for head coach! This is HC search is going to be a fun time had by all.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Yeah, I don't think "a lot of people" are saying that. Remove some dufus sportstalk regular callers and hot take twitter artists, and the number is even lower.

and add on that the Harris Group doesn't seem like the type to just give a guy full control like Ron has had, and Belichick has had up in NE. They seem to want a front office and coaching structure that's based on modern tools available, and people for specific roles. The NJ Devils have a team CEO, then President, then GM and then Head coach. The 76ers have the same CEO as the Devils, and then President and then GM (Elton Brand, whaaa?) and then Coach. 

Don't see any Coach here under this ownership having a President or GM title/power.

Edited by @DCGoldPants
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

He is definitely a d***. I remember him dissing that little boy, who tried to high five him. I think it was before a game with the Lions.

12 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Yeah, I don't think "a lot of people" are saying that. Remove some dufus sportstalk regular callers and hot take twitter artists, and the number is even lower.

and add on that the Harris Group doesn't seem like the type to just give a guy full control like Ron has had, and Belichick has had up in NE. They seem to want a front office and coaching structure that's based on modern tools available, and people for specific roles. The NJ Devils have a team CEO, then President, then GM and then Head coach. The 76ers have the same CEO as the Devils, and then President and then GM (Elton Brand, whaaa?) and then Coach. 

Don't see any Coach here under this ownership having a President or GM title/power.

I am firm believer he has had his plan of who is where before he bought the team. Which to me is a good thing,  little dweebie had a toy to play with and destroyed the team for decades. Harris has a whole FO and staff sitting in the background already (fingers crossed). That shows me good things to come if that is the case.  Unless of course he firesales the team and sucks money out until there is no more......

Just now, tmandoug1 said:

I am firm believer he has had his plan of who is where before he bought the team. Which to me is a good thing,  little dweebie had a toy to play with and destroyed the team for decades. Harris has a whole FO and staff sitting in the background already (fingers crossed). That shows me good things to come if that is the case.  Unless of course he firesales the team and sucks money out until there is no more......

I don't know how much exact who, but rather what kind of "who" and the order that they are going to rebuild the front office, reporting structure, org chart. I do imagine he has hired people who have been involved in the league for a while and know a lot of the teams Harris believes are operating well. Looking at the people there who are ready to take a high position here and bring the methods they've been working under. 

Once the season is over, I would expect some quick moves to get guys in place for the a coaching decision, combine, FA, etc.

For those that want Belichick....it would be more of the same as we have now.

From 1991 until 1995, Belichick was the head coach of the Cleveland Browns. During his tenure in Cleveland, he compiled a 36–44 record, leading the team to the playoffs in 1994, his only winning year with the team.

• Like 2