Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

😀😀 Ron fired days ago. Mission Accomplished.😀😄

88Comrade2000

You guys are giving up already? After playing a real close game against one of the most New York teams in the NFC? After wins against the Cardinals and Falcons, both of whom are eligible for the playoffs and possibly the Superbowl?

Hasn't Ron earned the benefit of the doubt? He figured out how to go exactly .500 in a 17 game season! More importantly, he has gotten to be a head coach in the NFL for 13 seasons with some having more wins than losses (3)!

Guys, we're just two or three games away from the team figuring out that blitzes help defenses and you don't have have to keep using the same offensive linemen at the same positions if they're not playing well. 

*edit* It's pretty clear some folks aren't down with keeping Ron. To them, I ask the following questions: Who is going to delegate personnel decisions to someone named Marty? Who is going to allow someone else to design, implement, and call offensive and defensive plays? More importantly, who is going to step aside and allow players to give themselves a halftime speech? Is there anyone on this staff even remotely capable?

Edited by D’Pablo
  • Haha 7
  • Thumb down 1

3 minutes ago, D’Pablo said:

You guys are giving up already? After playing a real close game against one of the most New York teams in the NFC? After wins against the Cardinals and Bears, both of whom are eligible for the playoffs and possibly the Superbowl?

Hasn't Ron earned the benefit of the doubt? He figured out how to go exactly .500 in a 17 game season! More importantly, he has gotten to be a head coach in the NFL for 13 seasons with some having more wins than losses (3)!

Guys, we're just two or three games away from the team figuring out that blitzes help defenses and you don't have have to keep using the same offensive linemen at the same positions if they're not playing well. 

Its not one game. Its the same song and dance for 4 years. This team hasnt changed at all. Were all over it. 

• Haha 1

As a man I respect Ron Rivera, but as the coach for my team I’m definitely all in on his firing at this point.  

Snyder is gone now it’s time to move on from this coaching staff.  Unless they pull out a miracle turn around this season my opinion won’t change.  I feel this is the year things just spiral.  I don’t expect a turn around to a respectable record this time.  When you play .500 ball for 4 years you will eventually go one way or the other.  This is the year we dip to 5 wins or less.  

• Like 1

>>

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-fans-calling-for-head-coach-to-be-fired-at-halftime/ar-AA1iEZNK?cvid=d4d397f953fb4fd286fef9fbe5582723&ei=42

NFL Fans Calling For Head Coach To Be Fired At Halftime

It's safe to say that Washington Commanders fans are unhappy with Sunday's performance in New York.

The Commanders, 3-3 on the year, are currently getting crushed by the 1-5 New York Giants, who are playing without starting quarterback Daniel Jones.

Late in the first half, it's New York 14, Washington 0.

Commanders fans appear to be done with Rivera.

"Fire Ron Rivera at halftime," one fan wrote.

"Fire Ron Rivera before the 2nd half starts," one fan added.

"Please fire Ron Rivera at halftime," another fan suggested.

"Going into the offseason we had a position group that was glaring weakness and it ended up being the 1 position group that went completely unaddressed. And now we’re losing games because of it. Fire Ron Rivera," one fan added.

Should the Commanders consider a change?<<

Absolutely, yes. It's time.

Edited by SonnySideUp
  • Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

I'm all for firing Rivera (probably at end of the year since there's really no benefit for a new owner to appear trigger happy and fire him mid-season.  Not like the team is going anywhere anyway).

What I don't get is the call to elevate EB.  What on earth has EB shown to deserve a promotion?  If anything, there should be a serious question as to how much of the blame he shares for an offense that is on pace to compete for the NFL record for most sacks given up.  I know the oline stinks and Howell is holding the ball too long, but he seriously can't find something to bring down the numbers from triple digit sacks in a season?  How is that head coaching material?

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

13 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Yes. Outside the org is a must. 

Who are the best run and most successful front offices? Who is the top guy after their GM? 

Then they are currently IN an organization. The ones you want will not be available till after the season.

• Thanks 1

Just now, CommandB11 said:

Then they are currently IN an organization. The ones you want will not be available till after the season.

They aren't in OUR organization. 

You're right. After the season. Still wouldn't allow Ron and the Martys to make any trades this season. So, cut them loose now. 

Ron needs to take the play calling away from EB, but that will be the final nail in his pals career and HC dreams. 

Have Jordan or Zampese take over play calling from here on out.

Also need to have someone take over defensive play calling.

Castilo needs to go back to OL coach.

I don't know what other changes could be made.

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

Ron needs to take the play calling away from EB, but that will be the final nail in his pals career and HC dreams. 

A long time ago, when I was...not naive...whats the word? ****ing stupid! When I was ****ing stupid and we brought in the "Bingo Caller", I thought we'd turn things around. Nope, thats the death kneel. Taking away playcalling duties is the killing blow, if it comes to that, might as well fire everyone now and tank for picks.

• Haha 2

Leave EB as playcaller. Fire Ron and JDR. Make EB interim HC. Make Kerrigan DC and Zampese OC. Finish the season and fire everybody else.

• Like 1

So glad none of you own the team. You'd be firing coaches every week. Just curious who you want to coach if Ron is fired? Please don't tell me EB. He can't even put together a competent game plan. He was downright awful today. Martindale just owned him all game long. They dictated to our offense the entire day and EB had no clue. He isn't HC material. 

To me EB is a position coach, he isn't a coordinator because he doesn't know how to make a simple adjustment. Every single 2nd and short and passes the ball. Every single time. He can't call two runs in a row and this is a former RB. He was a terrible hire who looks to be over his head.  Turner was better and he sucked too. 

Dan is gone. That was a win. That is what this season was about. When the season ends, we will see change. We just need to be patient. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1

4 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

A long time ago, when I was...not naive...whats the word? ****ing stupid! When I was ****ing stupid and we brought in the "Bingo Caller", I thought we'd turn things around. Nope, thats the death kneel. Taking away playcalling duties is the killing blow, if it comes to that, might as well fire everyone now and tank for picks.

That is very well said, but Ron needs to do something and now and I'm not sure what else there is to do, since most of our positional coaches were buddy hires.

4 minutes ago, CommandB11 said:

Leave EB as playcaller. Fire Ron and JDR. Make EB interim HC. Make Kerrigan DC and Zampese OC. Finish the season and fire everybody else.

So you want to promote the worst of the 3 in EB and fire the rest? Are you pro tank and want to see Howell ruined?

That is very well said, but Ron needs to do something and now and I'm not sure what else there is to do, since most of our positional coaches were buddy hires.

So you want to promote the worst of the 3 in EB and fire the rest? Are you pro tank and want to see Howell ruined?

Yes and no. Pro tank, but with EB as HC, more of the game plan will fall to Zampese etc. May be a good thing.