Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

😀😀 Ron fired days ago. Mission Accomplished.😀😄

88Comrade2000

4 minutes ago, Alexa said:

So glad none of you own the team. You'd be firing coaches every week. Just curious who you want to coach if Ron is fired? Please don't tell me EB. He can't even put together a competent game plan. He was downright awful today. Martindale just owned him all game long. They dictated to our offense the entire day and EB had no clue. He isn't HC material. 

To me EB is a position coach, he isn't a coordinator because he doesn't know how to make a simple adjustment. Every single 2nd and short and passes the ball. Every single time. He can't call two runs in a row and this is a former RB. He was a terrible hire who looks to be over his head.  Turner was better and he sucked too. 

Dan is gone. That was a win. That is what this season was about. When the season ends, we will see change. We just need to be patient. 

Ron and his staff is the last giant turd left in Snyders pants and we just have to sit in it the rest of the season, but at the same time, the locker room is lost and Howell isn't going to survive the season is Epic Buffoon keeps calling the offense.

1 minute ago, CommandB11 said:

Yes and no. Pro tank, but with EB as HC, more of the game plan will fall to Zampese etc. May be a good thing.

EB is a clown and the least respected coach.

• Like 2

How bad are the Cardinals,  Broncos and Falcons to lose to a team coached by Ron Rivera. He has lost the team completely not only by us fans but more importantly the team. And the worst part about it is Rivera doesn't give a ****. I understand Harris and Co might not want to be seen as owners who will pull the plug on the HC so early in the season, but for **** sake Rivera is absolutely useless. 

RIVERA OUT 

RIVERA OUT 

RIVERA OUT 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

That is very well said, but Ron needs to do something and now and I'm not sure what else there is to do, since most of our positional coaches were buddy hires.

So you want to promote the worst of the 3 in EB and fire the rest? Are you pro tank and want to see Howell ruined?

First, I want you to know that I wasn't calling you stupid or anything, just making fun of myself. When it comes to Ron, I don't want him to do anything, really. He's a dead man walking as far as I'm concerned and shouldn't be making any big decisions because he won't be around to reap the consequences. Let the new guy come in and decide who stays and who goes, I really don't trust Ron with making the correct decisions. I've changed my mind, don't trade anyone.

Just now, Simmsy said:

First, I want you to know that I wasn't calling you stupid or anything, just making fun of myself. When it comes to Ron, I don't want him to do anything, really. He's a dead man walking as far as I'm concerned and shouldn't be making any big decisions because he won't be around to reap the consequences. Let the new guy come in and decide who stays and who goes, I really don't trust Ron with making the correct decisions. I've changed my mind, don't trade anyone.

I was ****ing stupid too and I do it a lot with this team.  :ols:  You can call me stupid. 

I think Ron needs to shuffle the deck chairs on the titanic. 

• Haha 2

Firing Ron immediately is an emotional move, not a logical one. Harris isn't going to want to conduct a HC search without his new front office in place, and I guess he can't realistically get that together until the offseason. 

For me, the worrisome scenario is that Ron somehow scrapes together a run and gets into the playoffs at 8-9 in some oddball scenario. It would be harder to make a change in that instance, though not impossible.

• Like 1

Just now, Alexa said:

People must want EB cause he yells a lot. Like that sheet works in the NFL.I don't get the love for this guy. He's a total fraud as an OC. 

I would prefer EB because of where he comes from. The culture he understands and could possibly instill matters to me.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CommandB11 said:

Seems to be a matter of opinion unless you have proof. If not, to each their own.

Players complained about hi in TC publicly, Leno spoke out against him publicly and they got in each others face on the side line.

It's also always been noted that JDR is the most respected coach we have by the players. 

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

Players complained about hi in TC publicly, Leno spoke out against him publicly and they got in each others face on the side line.

It's also always been noted that JDR is the most respected coach we have by the players. 

Then respect seems to be overrated. JDR can be very respected and complete trash....

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

OK

I dont mean anything at you. We are both entitled to our opinions. I am simply frustrated that I continue to give time and energy to this trash team. The only thing good about the team right now is the fan base. At least there are others that care as much as I do.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, profusion said:

For me, the worrisome scenario is that Ron somehow scrapes together a run and gets into the playoffs at 8-9 in some oddball scenario. It would be harder to make a change in that instance, though not impossible.

I had the same fear. That fear is dissipating by the moment, especially given our 2nd half schedule. We have at least 6 guaranteed losses coming up.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Commander PK said:

As a man I respect Ron Rivera, 

I’m done coloring my critique of Ron with this statement.  Going out of his way to defend Dan through all the BS and then on his way out the door pretty much killed that for me.  Add to that all his recent arrogance regarding this team, going out of his way to throw players under the bus, and the audacity to chide the media for having the expectation he needs to win in year 4. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Riggo#44 said:

I had the same fear. That fear is dissipating by the moment, especially given our 2nd half schedule. We have at least 6 guaranteed losses coming up.

I don't think our draft position destroying rally is going to happen this year. 

Some badder teams won today too!

12 minutes ago, profusion said:

Firing Ron immediately is an emotional move, not a logical one. Harris isn't going to want to conduct a HC search without his new front office in place, and I guess he can't realistically get that together until the offseason. 

I don’t think a playoff appearance would alter the new owners from going after a new coach if they can find their guy. Now if they were to get 12+ wins or a Conference championship appearance, that would be different. But I have no worries about that.

I do think we’ll get some more wins this year that will push our draft pick out of the top 10.

I don’t think anyone believes EB is worthy of being a head coach or that the team will play better with him at the helm.  He’s just been here the shortest amount of time thus the least hated out of Ron and JDR.  Clearly the team is going nowhere, why not allow EB the opportunity to put the mail in his own coaching coffin?

It’s mind boggling to me that a guy can spend so much time with Reid and be as bad as he’s been.  There have been glimpses and I’ve been patient, figuring a first time playcaller needs time.  But today was it for me, I’m all out on him ever having any chance to be a good OC.  

• Like 1

You want the coach that will get us a Top 5 pick.

In all the full seasons Ron has coached, he was won at least 6 games. He was at 5-7 when fired by Carolina in 2019. Had he gotten to coach the full season; Ron probably would’ve won at least once to get to 6 wins. So, Ron isn’t the coach you want to finish the season because he will find a way to win at least 3 more games; to be 6-11.  That sucks for draft position.

Jack seems like a natural for interim because of his previous head coaching experience.   He’d probably find a way to win 5-6 games.

EB is the perfect man to finish as interim head coach. He’s shown that all the hype about him is a fraud. Andy ran that offense in KC. EB isn’t a coordinator and obviously not a head coach.  So, you get the positive pr of giving EB a shot at head coach. EB won’t do a thing. Maybe win one game but will stink bad enough under EB; to secure a top 5 pick. That will give the new regime a shot.

2 hours ago, Simmsy said:

A long time ago, when I was...not naive...whats the word? ****ing stupid! When I was ****ing stupid and we brought in the "Bingo Caller", I thought we'd turn things around. Nope, thats the death kneel. Taking away playcalling duties is the killing blow, if it comes to that, might as well fire everyone now and tank for picks.

Strange factoid, the Ravens fired their OC and replaced him entirely in the middle of their eventual SB season with Flacco. There was a really good article written about it, but in general not many people talk about it.

Has nothing to do with our situation obviously. But it has happened…at least once. 

2 minutes ago, Conn said:

Strange factoid, the Ravens fired their OC and replaced him entirely in the middle of their eventual SB season with Flacco. There was a really good article written about it, but in general not many people talk about it.

Has nothing to do with our situation obviously. But it has happened…at least once. 

Siriani stopped calling plays and let Sceichen take over mid way through the season a couple years ago and it turned their season around.

EB needs to be benched.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, profusion said:

No it wouldn't.

Coaches of the Year get fired all the time in the NBA, even if they make the playoffs, especially if they have a stacked squad and get bounced 1st round.

If we can somehow get Belichek, we need to do it and just get a GM that's over him.  BB might take one look at BB and say he's needs a new OC faster then Gibbs said he wanted to replace Ramsey as the starter.

Ron is gone at the end of this year if for any reason it's easier then trying to take his GM powers away from him with one year left on his contract.  No one is worth less the effort to keep for less then Rivera right now, if Ron says yes to any demotion it will be via early retirement...also path of least resistance, imo...

• Thumb down 1

1 minute ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Bieniemy didn't even bring any coaches with him. Just Wylie. 🤣

Who on this staff can call plays? Randy Jordan? Travelle Wharton? 

Zamp or Jordan maybe. I can't imagine they'd do worse than what we saw today.

Don't forget Pringle!

Edited by Koolblue13
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

No it wouldn't.

Coaches of the Year get fired all the time in the NBA, even if they make the playoffs, especially if they have a stacked squad and get bounced 1st round.

If we can somehow get Belichek, we need to do it and just get a GM that's over him.  BB might take one look at BB and say he's needs a new OC faster then Gibbs said he wanted to replace Ramsey as the starter.

Ron is gone at the end of this year if for any reason it's easier then trying to take his GM powers away from him with one year left on his contract.  No one is worth less the effort to keep for less then Rivera right now, if Ron says yes to any demotion it will be via early retirement...also path of least resistance, imo...

Were you aware that it was reported that Belichek signed a pretty big extension?

• Thumb up 1