Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

πŸ˜€πŸ˜€ Ron fired days ago. Mission Accomplished.πŸ˜€πŸ˜„

88Comrade2000

40 minutes ago, UK Skins said:

There's several posts saying Rivera has delegated everything to JDR. Would be weird if we suddenly made EB head coach, much as that seems the (slightly) better option.

Β 

I may have missed that, like @Warhead36 said EB basically ran training camp this year...he even moved our offday from Tuesday to Monday

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 3

Josh isn’t firing Ron. Β Not yet. Β Maybe with 2-3 games left in the season but not until then.

Β 

Also, I’m going to take a contrarian view to promoting EB: he’s already got enough on his plate. Β His primary and only job needs to be to run the offense and develop Howell. Β That’s it. Β He already runs enough of the team, I don’t want more on his plate.

Β 

Just leave Ron in place for now. Β There’s no benefit to making a change. Β A HC change isn’t going to make this team better. Β It is what it is.

Β 

If Josh wants a head start on the hiring cycle in December, I have no issue with that. Β 
Β 

But this is the car they built. Β They have to drive it. Β 

• Like 2

As a mentioned in another thread, I believe we should wait until end of the season as we historically start slow under Ron to make a more honest assessment of what the roster does and doesn't need.

Β 

If Harris wants to do the same thing with everything else involving the franchise, I can accept that to an extent.Β  If anything it gives EB more time to make his case for a potential HC position here as again want him to get first shot at an interview here for continuity sake.

Β 

At this point its not a matter of if Ron is gone it's when, so giving more time to see this play out is giving everyone a full chance to prove who should or shouldn't be thrown out the door with him.

Last season, we came off a bye and STUNK against the G-strings, looked completely unprepared and uncoached. The team looked TERRIBLE. Not sure what RR is doing better as a coach than Jay. If we look like that against the Falcons Sunday, he's gone within 24 hours.

8 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Josh isn’t firing Ron. Β Not yet. Β Maybe with 2-3 games left in the season but not until then.

Β 

Also, I’m going to take a contrarian view to promoting EB: he’s already got enough on his plate. Β His primary and only job needs to be to run the offense and develop Howell. Β That’s it. Β He already runs enough of the team, I don’t want more on his plate.

Β 

Just leave Ron in place for now. Β There’s no benefit to making a change. Β A HC change isn’t going to make this team better. Β It is what it is.

Β 

If Josh wants a head start on the hiring cycle in December, I have no issue with that. Β 
Β 

But this is the car they built. Β They have to drive it. Β 

Can we at least start interviewing new GMs? Why wait until it's too late to get a good one. We need to get the ball rolling so we can fire the Marty's ASAP and start planning for the future.Β 

Can we kick those guys out the rolling car so we can pick up someone worth the gas money?

Ron and JDR and lame ducks, fine.Β 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

Can we at least start interviewing new GMs?

My sincere hope is that they have at least started the search.. Β Im hoping they bring a GM first then that person makes all decisions related to front office, coaching etc. etc.Β 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

Can we at least start interviewing new GMs?

Β 

To confirm, are front office execs not allowed to interview until they're out the playoffs?Β  I'll admit I'm not entirely sure if this is still the case with coaches, but it sure seems like it sometimes.

Β 

Why interview someone from an organization that's also trash?

Just now, Renegade7 said:

Β 

To confirm, are front office execs not allowed to interview until they're out the playoffs?Β  I'll admit I'm not entirely sure if this is still the case with coaches, but it sure seems like it sometimes.

Β 

I don't know what the rules are but what would you say about all the assistant coaches that have been hired away from our trash organization and have flourished elsewhere? Maybe those GMs aren't trash, but they work for a Dan Snyderesque organization.

Β 

My current boss is terrible at this practice. He always waits until we are busy to hire a new person and by then nobody has the time to properly train them. You hire when it's slow, so the person has a fighting chance. It's part of the reason my last day here is Friday. I work for a Snyder, starting Monday I'll be working for one of the largest contract food service operations in the world.Β 

5 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

I don't know what the rules are but what would you say about all the assistant coaches that have been hired away from our trash organization and have flourished elsewhere? Maybe those GMs aren't trash, but they work for a Dan Snyderesque organization.

Β 

Β 

This is a fair point, but jury is still out on many of them.Β  Only Kyle and McVay immediately looked like they knew what they were doing...homie in Green Bay looks suspect without Rodgers, Vikings are a mess, and in all fairness Miami is absolutetly loaded right now.Β 

Β 

The later three all took time to becoming what we see now, who's ready right now and would it behoove us to look for someone ready from a quality organization who's seen how it's supposed to be done versus someone coming from failing environment who jus stood out?

Β 

I'm posing these questions now because while I can see both sides to this, I haven't seen a list to of potential candidates to even start from.Β  It may be too early in the season to even answer that, and maybe that's why I'm open to waiting versus starting interviews now.Β  That's different then doing homework on that potential list.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

Just throwing this one out there, but would a coach who was here under Snyder, Mcvay or Shanahan(Kyle) or any other coach come back here under Harris and Co?

Β 

I imagine they would. It's a different organization now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Β 

Β 

The rules work differently for FO folks, and the calendar is different.Β  The calendar typically runs from right after the draft through the following yea's draft, rather than season to season.

Β 

There are rules which prevent in-contract lateral moves.

Promotions, I think, can be done at any time.

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Β 

Β 

He acts as though he's on a 27 year rebuild plan.Β 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, method man said:

Folks around the league would better understand firing Ron at 2-9 vs 2-3. At 2-3, you look like you have a fast trigger as an ownership group. They are not going to fire Ron before the end of the season unless there is a massive nosedive and/or Ron loses the locker room

If they lose next week due to awful defensive play Jack should be replaced. If they wind up 2-7 or 2-8 I could agree its time to remove ron. There is way too much invested in this defense to allow jack to continue much longer.Β 

5 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

If they lose next week due to awful defensive play Jack should be replaced. If they wind up 2-7 or 2-8 I could agree its time to remove ron. There is way too much invested in this defense to allow jack to continue much longer.Β 

But with who?Β  That's my question.Β  Replaced with who?Β  They've done a wonderful job building a defensive staff where literally not one other coach has called an NFL gameday defense.Β  Ever.

Β 

The only 2 people who have are Castillo and Ron Rivera.Β  Castillo is the run game coordinator.Β  So that seems unlikely.Β  Ron hasn't called defensive plays since he was the DC in Sand Diego in 2009.Β Β 

Β 

Do we need to go out and hire the Ron Rivera version of the bingo caller from 2009 to come in and call plays?Β  (Parenthetically, I STILL can't believe that happened.Β  Like, holy smokes, how did that happen?)

Firing Ron isn’t making the team better. That’s 100% correct. Keeping him might. That’s the problem. You can’t allow Ron to go on one his patented 4 wins in 5 games when he’s 3-8 just leave us drafting 15th again. That must not be allowed.Β 
Β 

Getting 3 4 5 games below 500, Ron can’t be allowed to drag the team to mediocrity. Difference in drafting 6th and 15th is worlds of difference.Β 

Strong, prospective HC candidates are actively fielding commitments from potential staff. Same goes for potential GMs. The longer you wait and let the RR cesspool fester, the worse we're gonna be, come off-season, when we could be left with scraps. The ownership group fully understands this. Don't let good cop (media) / bad cop (hidden approach to deal with the cesspool) throw you off

• Like 2