Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

😀😀 Ron fired days ago. Mission Accomplished.😀😄

88Comrade2000

4 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

He got at least one catch today...was that more than Dotson?

Dotson had a handful of catches. Just not at the end when it mattered most. 😢

I know I mentioned it in the GameDay thread and it was discussed. I still think it's worth noting how awful our receivers are after the catch. Terry and Samuel seem ok at times but even they struggle with the YAC.

Just now, Captain Wiggles said:

Dotson had a handful of catches. Just not at the end when it mattered most. 😢

I know I mentioned it in the GameDay thread and it was discussed. I still think it's worth noting how awful our receivers are after the catch. Terry and Samuel seem ok at times but even they struggle with the YAC.

Is Cole Turner injured? Thomas had that one catch where he tripped with yac in front of him. I thought Turner could have been more of a threat but looks like he isn't panning out either.

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

Is Cole Turner injured? Thomas had that one catch where he tripped with yac in front of him. I thought Turner could have been more of a threat but looks like he isn't panning out either.

Just like the rest of Ron's  draft picks...lol

• Sad 1
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, bh32 said:

Just like the rest of Ron's  draft picks...lol

Was curious so I looked up TE stats today Thomas second leading reciever today, behind TM, with 5 for 54. Bates had one target no catches. Looks like Turner was active but nothing on the stat sheet.

• Thumb up 1

42 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

No it wouldn't.

Coaches of the Year get fired all the time in the NBA, even if they make the playoffs, especially if they have a stacked squad and get bounced 1st round.

If we can somehow get Belichek, we need to do it and just get a GM that's over him.  BB might take one look at BB and say he's needs a new OC faster then Gibbs said he wanted to replace Ramsey as the starter.

Ron is gone at the end of this year if for any reason it's easier then trying to take his GM powers away from him with one year left on his contract.  No one is worth less the effort to keep for less then Rivera right now, if Ron says yes to any demotion it will be via early retirement...also path of least resistance, imo...

No to Bill.

Ron’s successor needs to be a young offensive minded coach. Not a 70 year old defensive minded coach that has done jack without the goat as his qb.

Edited by 88Comrade2000
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

3 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

No to Bill.

Ron’s successor needs to be a young offensive minded coach. Not a 70 year old defensive minded coach that has done jack without the goat as his qb.

I want to know more about what's going on with the picks they've been making lately.

There was always going to be a dropoff once Brady left because he's the GOAT, not getting a competent replacement even as a placeholder is an organizational wide failure that they all had plenty of time to come up with an answer for. 

What the Colts and Packers have done recently with respect to replacing franchise QBs quickly enough it seems like they have them back to back is not normal at all.  Everybody looks worse then they actually are when the team doesn't have a franchise QB, very few exceptions to that.

9 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I want to know more about what's going on with the picks they've been making lately.

There was always going to be a dropoff once Brady left because he's the GOAT, not getting a competent replacement even as a placeholder is an organizational wide failure that they all had plenty of time to come up with an answer for. 

What the Colts and Packers have done recently with respect to replacing franchise QBs quickly enough it seems like they have them back to back is not normal at all.  Everybody looks worse then they actually are when the team doesn't have a franchise QB, very few exceptions to that.

Belichick had his favored QB successor all ready in Jimmy Garoppolo. And then Brady kept playing and playing, and Kraft backed him rather than allowing Bill to trade him.

• Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, profusion said:

Belichick had his favored QB successor all ready in Jimmy Garoppolo. And then Brady kept playing and playing, and Kraft backed him rather than allowing Bill to trade him.

Coulda got who knows how many picks for Late Prime Brady as part of a rebuild...

15 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Coulda got who knows how many picks for Late Prime Brady as part of a rebuild...

Have said what I said, though, I'll play devil's advocate and say that Belichick's fondness for scrappy overachievers seems to have finally caught up with him. That would have been a problem no matter what. It worked while he had Brady in the center of it all, but the lack of offensive talent on the current Patriots is pretty amazing. And Bill has had several years to move on from Brady but seems lost.

A hard no to bringing him in here. In fact, that seems like the type of splashy-but-ineffective move The Former Owner would make.

Edited by profusion
  • Thumb up 2

5 minutes ago, profusion said:

Have said what I said, though, I'll play devil's advocate and say that Belichick's fondness for scrappy overachievers seems to have finally caught up with him. That would have been a problem no matter what. It worked while he had Brady in the center of it all, but the lack of offensive talent on the current Patriots is pretty amazing. And Bill has had several years to move on from Brady but seems lost.

A hard no to bringing him in here. In fact, that seems like the type of splashy-but-ineffective move The Former Owner would make.

Why I asked how the picks are being made. 

Sounds like he has similar final say power that Rivera has, looking around he's basically the GM as well.  If a really good GM picks him because a lot of people just trust his Xs and Os more then then his Front Office skills right now, I won't say no.  He'd the most football knowledge persons in the room the second he walks in.

I'm reluctant to going all in on these younger offensive minds that seems to be working for a lot of the NFL right now.  It just feels like what we're trying right now with Bieniemy, and clearly not everything that glitters is gold.  I'm sorry, I just feel crazy saying no to this after trying so many other things.  This is right up there with folks wanting Harbarugh, folks don't really want to take a risk on someone they never heard of before right now, even if new owners and GM are given benefit of the doubt. 

I don't see us as in the position of being able to experiment right, we so badly needs someone that can help solidify the type of culture necessary to win championships, not just call good trick plays every once in a while.  If not Belichek, then that's where I'm at right now.

Enough of the Spiderboy, where's Spiderman?

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

No it wouldn't.

Coaches of the Year get fired all the time in the NBA, even if they make the playoffs, especially if they have a stacked squad and get bounced 1st round.

If we can somehow get Belichek, we need to do it and just get a GM that's over him.  BB might take one look at BB and say he's needs a new OC faster then Gibbs said he wanted to replace Ramsey as the starter.

Ron is gone at the end of this year if for any reason it's easier then trying to take his GM powers away from him with one year left on his contract.  No one is worth less the effort to keep for less then Rivera right now, if Ron says yes to any demotion it will be via early retirement...also path of least resistance, imo...

Weird comment to make about Belichick, who has famously made some of the worst, most befuddling OC choices in recent history. 

He’s not gonna work under a GM even if we wanted him (we shouldn’t). A team still saddled with pathetic ownership would give him whatever power he wanted to end his career. (He’s not gonna be fired anyways, it was reported this weekend that he actually signed a lucrative contract extension a few months ago and it just never leaked. He’ll coach there until he retires and limp to the all-time wins record no matter how long it takes. It’s way more important to Kraft and his own legacy that Belichick becomes the winningest coach of all time as a Patriot than them realistically competing for a SB again). 

Anyways, yeah. Not the type of hire I’m looking for. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I'm reluctant to going all in on these younger offensive minds that seems to be working for a lot of the NFL right now.  It just feels like what we're trying right now with Bieniemy, and clearly not everything that glitters is gold. 

FWIW, Bieniemy is 54 which would put him in the top 10 oldest Head Coaches in the NFL. He's not the young wunderkind-type.

To your broader point, though, Harris could go get Jim Harbaugh from Michigan who's been rumored to consider leaving CFB after his various NCAA controversies. The tradeoff would be potentially another "coach-centric" football ops structure which is usually disastrous. 

8 minutes ago, Conn said:

Weird comment to make about Belichick, who has famously made some of the worst, most befuddling OC choices in recent history. 

He’s not gonna work under a GM even if we wanted him (we shouldn’t). A team still saddled with pathetic ownership would give him whatever power he wanted to end his career. (He’s not gonna be fired anyways, it was reported this weekend that he actually signed a lucrative contract extension a few months ago and it just never leaked. He’ll coach there until he retires and limp to the all-time wins record no matter how long it takes. It’s way more important to Kraft and his own legacy that Belichick becomes the winningest coach of all time as a Patriot than them realistically competing for a SB again). 

Anyways, yeah. Not the type of hire I’m looking for. 

this is all true. 

funny thing about it is Andy Reid is only like 40 wins being BB, is 6 years younger, and has prime Mahomes. Even if BB sets the record he may not have it long 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

FWIW, Bieniemy is 54 which would put him in the top 10 oldest Head Coaches in the NFL. He's not the young wunderkind-type.

This is fair.

2 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

To your broader point, though, Harris could go get Jim Harbaugh from Michigan who's been rumored to consider leaving CFB after his various NCAA controversies. The tradeoff would be potentially another "coach-centric" football ops structure which is usually disastrous. 

Exactly, won't don't want to be a hypocrite here if that's what we end up doing that id rather have BB, even if it will never happen.

I think the truth is we need to get a good gm and let them pick the coach, even I'm nervous about a younger offensive HC.  It seems like we've tried everything and everything has failed for us, have to look at the constants on that one.

Just now, Momma There Goes That Man said:

this is all true. 

funny thing about it is Andy Reid is only like 40 wins being BB, is 6 years younger, and has prime Mahomes. Even if BB sets the record he may not have it long 

And Reid without Mahomes is a punchline.

Just strengthens the case for Gibbs as the GOAT: Belichick needed Brady, Reid needed Mahomes, Walsh needed Montana, Noll needed Bradshaw. Gibbs got it done 3 times with 3 different guys.  

• Like 1