Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

😀😀 Ron fired days ago. Mission Accomplished.😀😄

88Comrade2000

Fire Del Rio and replace him with Vic Fangio.   Fangio is available living off his old head coach Denver contract this year.

If Ron will not fire Turner then bring in an offensive consultant guru who can help Turner call decent plays.  Ron does not know offense.

I do not think this coaching staff can keep blaming the players every week for team losses.

• Like 1

Do u guys think if we somehow landed Lamar Jackson or Josh Allen we would be in similar positions as the ravens or the bills? Because I don't and that's what's really depressing I have no hope outside of thee occasional playoff run here and there where we get stomped by a better team.

• Like 1

We are once again the worst team in the NFC East. Before the usual people run to the defense of the team- Im not talking record but more so eye test. And no that’s not being a Debbie downer.

Edited by dyst
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, dyst said:

Before then usual people run to the defense of the team-

What’s wild, is that I don’t think the usual people really exist anymore.  Or if they do, they’ve found other places to post.

There are several folks posting here today, that I absolutely thought of as total homers at one point.  They would argue me regularly that I was just negative and there were positive things going on that I just refused to see.  Now even they have joined the party of sadness.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

I see Sean Payton on NFL pre game shows. What is the deal with him? Why are we paying Ron when a guy like Payton is available? 

If Sean wanted to coach thus year, he would’ve. He was burned out and need a year off.

I say Dallas is probably his top destination.  If Los Angeles Chargers came available, he’d jump at it.

Washington would be near the bottom. He would have to find a qb .

• Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Do u guys think if we somehow landed Lamar Jackson or Josh Allen we would be in similar positions as the ravens or the bills? Because I don't and that's what's really depressing I have no hope outside of thee occasional playoff run here and there where we get stomped by a better team.

If Lamar leaves the Ravens, he isn’t coming here. I can see him becoming a Raider.

34 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Why do people keep thinking McCarthy will be fired? They’re 2-1, and likely 3-1 after this weekend…….as of right now, they could be in the playoffs for the 2nd straight year. Owners don’t fire coaches who make the playoffs 2 out of 3 years. 

Jerry expects a deep playoff run this year. If Boys aren’t in nfc championship game at least, Mike is gone.

Also, Jerry wanted Sean in 2019 but Saints decided not to go thru with it.

Jerry knows he only has one chance to get one more ring before he dies and if it means firing Mike to get Sean, he will do it.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Why do people keep thinking McCarthy will be fired? They’re 2-1, and likely 3-1 after this weekend…….as of right now, they could be in the playoffs for the 2nd straight year. Owners don’t fire coaches who make the playoffs 2 out of 3 years. 

My thinking for this year was/is that McCarthy is just there to keep Payton's seat warm. A deep Cowturnds paloff run is our only hope. For that reason, I'm actually pulling for them...as much as it makes me want to🤮. OTOH, it might not matter. As someone else pointed out, Jerruh is hearing those angel feathers flapping and he's probably not trying to be patient at this point.

3 hours ago, dyst said:

We are once again the worst team in the NFC East. Before then usual people run to the defense of the team- Im not talking record but more so eye test. And no that’s not being a Debbie downer.

I had this thought watching the game last night too. 

1 hour ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

If Lamar leaves the Ravens, he isn’t coming here. I can see him becoming a Raider.

Its the worst possible case but its the eagles. 2 firsts and Jalen gets it done IMO. They enter 2024 draft with their full allotment of picks 

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Short of Mike taking the team to the NFC championship or better and the loss not falling on his mismanagement, if Sean Payton wants the job - it will be his job.

4 hours ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Fire Del Rio and replace him with Vic Fangio.   Fangio is available living off his old head coach Denver contract this year.

If Ron will not fire Turner then bring in an offensive consultant guru who can help Turner call decent plays.  Ron does not know offense.

I do not think this coaching staff can keep blaming the players every week for team losses.

I like these ideas....I'd also add that if Wentz continues to be terrible then replace him with Heinicke until your confident that Howell is ready to be thrown to the wolves of the NFL without ruining his confidence. We cant afford for Wentz's trade compensation to turn into a 2nd round pick if we know he won't be here next season. We need to find out as much as we can about Howell if we have a top 10 pick next year so we know what position to draft. 

JDR can go today as far as I'm concerned, the defense needs a new voice...and Turner's rope should be shortening up big time too. We have too much talent on offense to watch it go to waste year after year in the prime of these guys careers. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

On 9/21/2022 at 11:33 AM, The Sisko said:

Young may or may not be a bust. However, assuming he's not, would you rather have a great DE or a franchise QB, i.e. Herbert? If your answer is the DE, that would reflect poorly on your competence.

If the DE's name is TJ Watt than watt all day over Herbert. Herbert is good and all but he isn't the next Tom Brady. He had a very pedestrian game against the Jaguars this past weekend.

All and all he is a carbon copy of Phillip Rivers.. good QB but never won a superbowl and had a 5-7 paloff record.

Edited by ZarG3

9 minutes ago, ZarG3 said:

If the DE's name is TJ Watt than watt all day over Herbert. Herbert is good and all but he isn't the next Tom Brady. He had a very pedestrian game against the Jaguars this past weekend.

All and all he is a carbon copy of Phillip Rivers.. good QB but never won a superbowl and had a 5-7 paloff record.

Unfathomably silly to be saying this at the beginning of his THIRD season lol. Even last weekend against the Jags, he played with busted rib cartilage and wasn’t even supposed to play. I feel dumb even getting into the details because the overall point is so wild to me. I’d wager that every single NFL team would take Herbert over any pass rusher and it isn’t close. Thinking he’s even close to his ceiling is interesting, too. He’s 23-24 and already elite.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

In 2002, the Patriots played the Broncos, and the third year Patriots QB threw 1 touchdown, 130 yards, and took 5 sacks. That Patriots QB was good and all but he wasn't the next Tom Brady. He had a very pedestrian game against the Broncos that past weekend.

All and all he was a carbon copy of Phillip Rivers..

Edited by NickyJ