Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Finlay: Brian Robinson Shot Multiple Times—Stable Condition

Conn

3 hours ago, Dan T. said:

BTW, have they nailed the knuckleheads who shot him yet?  I want those assholes caught, jailed, tried, sentenced, and imprisoned.

Nope not yet. But a $10,000 award has been offered by the police for any information leading to their arrest and conviction. BRob needs to increase that amount by $40k. I am sure he can afford it. 

17 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Nope not yet. But a $10,000 award has been offered by the police for any information leading to their arrest and conviction. BRob needs to increase that amount by $40k. I am sure he can afford it. 

No, the Commanders need to increase the amount.  That the organization has not already done it is more proof of the lack of class in this franchise's owner.

:229:The Rook

Edited by The Rook
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

3 hours ago, The Rook said:

No, the Commanders need to increase the amount.  That the organization has not already done it is more proof of the lack of class in this franchise's owner.

Great point. I didn't even think about that. They need to put up 100K then at least!

Edited by zCommander
  • Like 1

I am perfectly content to let them take as much time as he needs to recover fully and not rush him back. I also firmly believe that when he does return, he will duplicate Clinton Portis's first regular season game with the Commanders i.e., he got the ball on the first play from scrimmage in the game and took it right straight into the end zone. Well, we can always hope. It was such a great start to a great NFL career in Washington for Portis and I'm hoping for the same for B Rob.

Edited by SonnySideUp
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

Technically it’s an initialism. An acronym you read out the word like NASA or AIDS. When you sound out the letters it’s an initialism like FBI or CIA. 

On 8/31/2022 at 2:23 PM, KDawg said:

The fact he used an acronym should tell you it means Health Care Professional. Those folks speak in acronym algorithms  24/7

But what if you read out CIA like a word instead of initials, and say it like "Seeya".

Does it then become an acronym, as opposed to initialism ?

🧐

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

Technically it’s an initialism. An acronym you read out the word like NASA or AIDS. When you sound out the letters it’s an initialism like FBI or CIA. 

So asap can go both ways? If I say it letter by letter " A. S. A. P, " then it's an initialism. However if I say it as a word " A sap, "  then it's an acronym???

1 hour ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

So asap can go both ways? If I say it letter by letter " A. S. A. P, " then it's an initialism. However if I say it as a word " A sap, "  then it's an acronym???

Yes ASAP is both an initialism and acronym. 
https://grammarist.com/acronym/asap/

Btw sorry for turning a thread about B Rob getting shot in the butt into talking about obscure grammatical anomalies. 😂 

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, CommanderCarson said:

He’s going to become a lot of fans favorite player if he comes back and looks anything like he did in the pre season when it counts.

Rooting for him big time.

I'm so happy that he's gonna be okay. I'm also unhappy that Antonio " butterfingers " Gibson is going to be the starting running back again.

On 9/2/2022 at 9:48 PM, The Rook said:

This team doesn't need headlines like, "Commanders put a bounty out on Robinson attackers."

Let the police do their job (hopefully)

• Like 1

Please PLEASE tell me you don’t actually think that’s proof of the lack of class in the Snyder just because he’s not upping an amount that it’s not his place to do so…..

Snyder should be **** on for plenty of things. This? **** no. And I HOPE you actually know this. 

• Like 1

Oh come on.  Nobody should have to increase the reward amount.  Not Brian Robinson and not the Commanders.  

This is not the wild wild west with vigilante justice.  The police need to find these people and lock them up.  

The team is not in the law enforcement business.  It's not their responsibility to get involved in any way.  They shouldn't get involved.  This is a law enforcement thing.  I searched, and I couldn't even find a place where it was lawful for a private organization or individual to offer a reward for information in an ongoing investigation.  I'm not entirely sure it can be done legally.  

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

I've never really been impressed by Gibson, but by no means is he a bad RB. He can handle being our #1 until BRob is healthy, I'm not worried about that in the slightest.

I swear to you… if Gibson doesn’t adequately handle being the #1 while BRob is out, I’m going to be furious with you for not worrying more.

• Haha 8
  • Thumb up 1

I dont understand the hate for Gibson. He was a project RB that has put up good numbers. Yes he has a fumbling problem. But lots of running backs have and have fixed it. I'd love for Robinson to get healthy ans be our #1 back. But doesn't mean we need to hate Gibson. Without Gibson we would be seriously hurting at RB right now.

47 minutes ago, HoggLife said:

I dont understand the hate for Gibson. He was a project RB that has put up good numbers. Yes he has a fumbling problem. But lots of running backs have and have fixed it. I'd love for Robinson to get healthy ans be our #1 back. But doesn't mean we need to hate Gibson. Without Gibson we would be seriously hurting at RB right now.

Nobody hates him, we just know what he is and isn’t and how misused his skillset has been. If anything we WANT him to be put in the absolute best position to succeed and produce, that’s the opposite of hate. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, HoggLife said:

I have zero hate for him. I think he has a very dynamic skillset that hasn't yet been realized on the field with the exception of some glimpses, because the coaches seemed intent to convert him to a RB instead of using him in a way that best utilizes his strengths.  BRob taking over as the traditional RB should actually be seen on a plus for Gibson.

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Thumb up 2

20 hours ago, Die Hard said:

I swear to you… if Gibson doesn’t adequately handle being the #1 while BRob is out, I’m going to be furious with you for not worrying more.

I actually don't think he's going to be the starting RB, or at least get the most carries.  I think Jonathan Williams is going to get the first down carries.  Gibson is going to be used like they were going to use him before BRob got shot. 

And they are going to sub Williams in for BRob.  Who might do pretty well in that role.

I also think they are going to rely more on Wentz and the passing game. 

I would bet good money they will not put the team on Gibson's back and ask him to carry the load.  

• Thumb up 1

14 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I actually don't think he's going to be the starting RB, or at least get the most carries.  I think Jonathan Williams is going to get the first down carries.  Gibson is going to be used like they were going to use him before BRob got shot. 

And they are going to sub Williams in for BRob.  Who might do pretty well in that role.

I also think they are going to rely more on Wentz and the passing game. 

I would bet good money they will not put the team on Gibson's back and ask him to carry the load.  

Hey, I’m on board with that outcome as it’d be my preference as well. 

But I don’t have a lot of confidence in this coaching staff.