Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Finlay: Brian Robinson Shot Multiple Times—Stable Condition

Conn

1 hour ago, Leonard Washington said:

Poor guy?  Where did it happen?

Between Gallaudet University and Lincoln Park, my understanding is that part of town ain't what it used to be,  so I don't have any questions like "what was he doing over there in the first place".

Just now, 88Comrade2000 said:

Brian's focus should be on getting better.  That's should be his only focus.  He can worry about his future later.   Should he choose to continue his career, there will be one for him; if he's physically able to. Since we don't know the extent yet, we'll just have to wait and see.   Also, maybe this experience causes him to retire; if that happens, wish him well.

Right know, just focus on recovering.

That’s the whole point of my post. He should be thankful he has the opportunity to recover and he isn’t dead. But that doesn’t mean the rest of those things are running through his head right now. Hopefully it all works out and all of my worries for him are unimportant. 

Just now, Renegade7 said:

Between Gallaudet University and Lincoln Park, my understanding is that part of town ain't what it used to be,  so I don't have any questions like "what was he doing over there in the first place".

It's reported as on H street. Lots of bars, restaurants, arcades, casual entertainment. Whole foods is there. Everyone I know in DC has been to H street dozens of times.

Likely he was just getting a bite to eat.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

It's reported as on H street. Lots of bars, restaurants, arcades, casual entertainment. Whole foods is there. Everyone I know in DC has been to H street dozens of times.

There’s a popular bar not far from where this happened, it’s hopping all times of day. I don’t doubt he was there at some point.

1 hour ago, SkinsWmsbg said:

Does anyone know where Gibs was at the time of the shooting?  Joking aside, I'm glad he will be ok and I can't imagine how he has went from the highest of highs to the lowest of lows right now in the last 24 hours.  Get well B Rob we need you.  🙏 

@Koolblue13 U foul for laughing dude, I see you. Sneaky! 

@SkinsWmsbg lame joke, horrible timing 

22 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Seems like a weird ass place to get car jacked...might of known who he was...

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34478785/washington-commanders-rb-brian-robinson-stable-condition-being-shot-attempted-carjacking-source-says

According to Dustin Sternbeck, the director of communications for the Metro Police Department in Washington, D.C., the incident happened shortly before 6 p.m. ET in the 1000 block of H Street, NE in the district.

When police arrived on the scene they located Robinson, who, according to Sternbeck, was suffering from "a couple gunshot wounds to his lower extremities." He was transported immediately to a local hospital. Sternbeck said police have identified two potential suspects.

Sternbeck said police recovered a firearm a short distance from where the incident occurred. He said authorities are not yet sure if Robinson was the victim of a carjacking or just an armed robbery attempt.

Sean Taylor got shot in the lower body as well.  There is no good area to get shot.

So glad it’s not life threatening. Don’t know the details but should have probably given the punks the car. Easy to say with hindsight and not being in the heat of the moment but an insured car isn’t worth getting shot over. 

Edited by SoCalSkins
  • Like 1

It’s not just DC either. Hampton Roads (namely Norfolk/VB) is off the chains right now. Multiple incidents of armed robbery/car jacking every day, in broad daylight. In the last week, three people who I’m close with have been involved in an armed robbery. 

The city of Norfolk is more than 200 cops short right now. 

• Like 2

Just now, Morrissey1972 said:

It’s not just DC either. Hampton Roads (namely Norfolk/VB) is off the chains right now. Multiple incidents of armed robbery/car jacking every day, in broad daylight. In the last week, three people who I’m close with have been involved in an armed robbery. 

The city of Norfolk is more than 200 cops short right now. 

That's why i conceal carry every day in Hampton roads..

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Yeah I live in an apartment down the street from Gallaudet University (i5 Union Market) and it’s definitely better than it was 10 years ago. 

• Like 1