Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Finlay: Brian Robinson Shot Multiple Times—Stable Condition

Conn

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

So apparently they had him at gunpoint and he basically told the jackers to go F themselves. What a legend. Brian Robinson fears nothing.

If they didn’t have a gun, I would agree. But I disagree with that. A car and whatever is not worth your life. He’s very lucky.  

I worked at a convenience store many years ago and one of the main points in our training was if someone comes in and wants to take something, don’t intervene. 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

If they didn’t have a gun, I would agree. But I disagree with that. A car and whatever is not worth your life. He’s very lucky.  

I worked at a convenience store many years ago and one of the main points in our training was if someone comes in and wants to take something, don’t intervene. 

Yeah, the insurance industry exists for a reason.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Kids been busting his ass all of his life to get a car like that and you think he's gonna let a couple kids jack it? Nope.

At the end of the day, it's just a car. That's what insurance is for. I don't care if it's a goddamn million dollar hypercar, it's not worth dying over.

Hand over the keys, call the cops. Go home safe.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

At the end of the day, it's just a car. That's what insurance is for. I don't care if it's a goddamn million dollar hypercar, it's not worth dying over.

100% correct.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

When I got jacked, it was 3am and I was pretty drunk. As I reached to turn the key I saw him a split second in the rear view, before I could turn the key and drive. Then I got punched with the gun and got out of the car and his buddy came up behind me and grabbed everything out of my pockets.

Earlier in the night they tried to jack a buddy of mine, but didn't get the drop and he punched the kid a few times before he ran off.

Cops asked me if I wanted them to go arrest the kids we were pretty sure they were. Hung around the bars every night, lived in the projects next door. I said nope.

Two weeks later, I bartending across the island at the late night joint. Doors locked, everyones in until daylight, this dude know as Money sits at the end of the bar and says "thanks for not getting my nephews arrested or this would have gone much different" and gave me my wallet back. That guys been in jail for years for murder. Again.

Island lifes wild. Never got the car back. It belonged to a friend that just moved to island.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Problem is now a days complying doesnt really guarantee you anything. Some of these criminals are straight up evil and will just shoot you for the "fun" of it. 

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

41 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Problem is now a days complying doesnt really guarantee you anything. Some of these criminals are straight up evil and will just shoot you for the "fun" of it. 

A lot of times it's kids trying to make a name for themselves, not professional car thieves. That's scary.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ExoDus84 said:

Of course, you can hand over the keys and still get shot anyway. Or run over. 😶

44 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Correct, the problem is you never know their mental condition. Are they on drugs and not thinking straight? Are they jones from withdrawl and will do anything to get the dope, or they just have mental issues.

Bickell made a point this morning he got stabbed in PR. A guy ripped his chain off, your first instinct is to resist, and thats all it takes. Its not the old days were fights go from 10 to 30 to 70 then to 100. It now goes from 0 to 100 in a second.

When I travel to these third world cities for work I actually do mental exercises not to resist.

Edited by TChaler70
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, TChaler70 said:

Correct, the problem is you never know their mental condition. Are they on drugs and not thinking straight? Are they jones from withdrawl and will do anything to get the dope, or they just have mental issues.

Bickell made a point this morning he got stabbed in PR. A guy ripped his chain off, your first instinct is to resist, and thats all it takes. Its not the old days were fights go from 10 to 30 to 70 then to 100. It now goes from 0 to 100 in a second.

When I travel to these third world cities for work I actually do mental exercises not to resist.

I honestly stay out of cities as much as possible now. It is a shame. Because I love the art and history museums. But it just isnt worth the risk anymore. And I am far too old to really be able to defend myself regardless. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

They have exact ages, 17 and 15, which tells me that they are closing in on an arrest.

They should be forced to attend Commanders games, in full Commanders gear, wearing signs that say "Commanded to Reform".  If they don't walk the straight-and-narrow after that, there's no hope.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

Yeah, but fighting with an armed criminal will almost guarantee that you will get shot. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, srtman04 said:

I hear you....I am just thankful his life was spared at this point.   I really hope he can recover and regain his promising form.  

Yep.  He's very, very lucky it didn't end up like the horrible Sean Taylor incident.  Surgery went well for him and he's in good spirits.  That's all I really care about.  Hopefully a huge relief of tension for his family, too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zCommander said:

Why haven't the perps been caught yet? Middle of day and I am sure CCTV around the area must have caught the incident. 

You think they're just chilling out in the open waiting to get caught?  They could literally be anywhere.  Laying low probably.

48 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

They have exact ages, 17 and 15, which tells me that they are closing in on an arrest.

If they have their ages, then it seems to me that they know exactly who it was. How else would they know how old they are? They're minors, they aren't going to announce their names. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zCommander said:

That and natural human instinct is to fight/defend and not flight. 

48 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

Is that cited/versed? It’s inconsistent with everything I’ve read.

Patently incorrect.  Fight, flight, fawn (submit and try to get on the good side), and freeze.  Both instantaneous and longer-term, they don't have to be congruent. Also not distributed evenly. 

Source: Despite how I am on here, I'm a decent therapist.

And to those saying to not hand the keys over, that's idiotic and incredibly dangerous. "They might do it anyway!" We're on a board where we wish our team would go for it on 4th down because even if unlikely, it's giving us a better chance.  And that's for a GAME.

Turn it over, every time. Increasing your odds of living in a life or death situation is always the right call.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1