Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Commanders 'n Chiefs (No Politics In The Stadium Edition)

TK
Message added by TK,

1473048416_ScreenShot2022-08-20at7_02_19PM.thumb.png.3bf5e06fac0d3b28aad7603b4ee91d11.png

4 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

I agree.

If you read this thread and didn't watch the game, you would think Washington was losing 56-0. :806:

I think they haven't done too bad considering the Chiefs are most likely a Super Bowl contender (they always are with an MVP QB like Mahomes running things) and the Commanders aren't.

I'm not really disappointed.

Don’t worry there will be time to be really disappointed during the regular season. This was just preseason disappointment. 

4 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

I agree.

If you read this thread and didn't watch the game, you would think Washington was losing 56-0. :806:

I think they haven't done too bad considering the Chiefs are most likely a Super Bowl contender (they always are with an MVP QB like Mahomes running things) and the Commanders aren't.

Bro, this team sucks today as bad as it it has for the past few years.

• Like 3
  • Thumb down 2

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Don’t get me going on the uniform. Helmet is fine. I’d outline the stripe and W in white to make it pop but it’s solid. 

The white jersey is terrible.

The pants need a stripe and then they are passable. 

I hate the white jersey

which one is it

E621DCB9-75A4-4C92-9A3E-F0F498990BA6.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

I agree.

With all due respect....their starters destroyed our starters. Del Rio is a **** DC and needs to walk. Same crap, different year.

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

I agree.

I'm  not really disappointed.

I am disappointed in how the defense looks like the same defense we saw last year.  I’m not surprised, given we are basically trotting out the same personnel.  Our starters looked rather pathetic against KC’s starters.

My point was more about how I’ve seen so many posts talking about the offensive playcalling and how we’re not creative enough.  I’m not sure why anyone would expect to see anything creative at this juncture.  KC wasn’t running anything creative either, they were just easily executing because our D stinks.  

• Like 1

Just now, Hunter44 said:

With all due respect....their starters destroyed our starters. Del Rio is a **** DC and needs to walk. Same crap, different year.

They didn't "destroy " our starters.

At halftime, after the starters were gone, it was 14-7 and the stats were pretty even.

But you think what you want.

21 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

At halftime, after the starters were gone, it was 14-7 and the stats were pretty even.

The score didn't tell the full story, if Chiefs didn't mercy pull Mahomes, no doubt we go down 21-0, their starters pwned ours then they pulled them.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

What game were you watching? Mahomes dropped 14 and left the game....14-0 

Taylor was going against backups.

But you think what you want...

• Like 6
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

The score didn't tell the full story, if Chiefs didn't mercy pull Mahimes, no doubt we got down 21-0, their starters pwned ours then they pulled them.

They sat Mahomes because that's how much they wanted him to play. Not a "mercy sitting".

Seems like some fans had some unrealistic expectations on this game and this team.

2 minutes ago, Hunter44 said:

What game were you watching? Mahomes dropped 14 and left the game....14-0 

Taylor was going against backups.

But you think what you want...

Mahomes is an MVP, Super Bowl winning QB. What were you expecting.

But the team wasn't "destroyed".

As I said, think what you want.

idk if this was for starters or just all strings in general, but i feel like it's going to be a long season with this defence. including Chase coming back. we werent world-beaters with him last yr and he's coming off an injury. this offense has weapons and a real upgrade at QB. i feel like we'll be in shoot-out/catch-up mode all season

1 minute ago, skins4eva said:

I don't get Rivera.  How can you surround yourself with Turner and Del Rio and expect results?  Both guys will not be coordinators in this league after they all get fired here. 

Rivera himself was involuntary unemployed at the  time he got to this team, too. He owns all this. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1