Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Ron's New Team vs Ron's Old Team

TK
Message added by TK,

1002617961_ScreenShot2022-08-13at4_09_48PM.thumb.png.bd0d4fe38fd812c9ec0f604ffe85d3e8.png

5 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Gibson gets 1 single play and the the Brian Robinson 8 train left the station for good.

We should trade him. Someone out there will over pay for him. 

I love Gibby and hope he gets it together , but all these good RBs arent going to play at the same time

• Like 1

Just now, Warhead36 said:

He was...fine I guess. Nothing special but he wasn't bad either. Didn't hit on any of the deep shots but they were close I guess. Lot of dink and dunk stuff(insert preseason "vanilla" here). Ball came out late a couple times. Something to build off I guess.

Big thing is no injuries to our starters. Lets hope that trend continues(for both teams).

There also isn't an actual game plan.  Which will help.  I said it was going to take until October for the deep passing game to really get in sync, and they needed to survive until then. 

Looks like they are at least competent.  That's good.  Good first step.  

Just now, KDawg said:

Jamin Davis is aggressive but he overshoots his target. Looks like Holcomb early in his career. Which… you don’t want to say that about a first rounder but if he follows Holcomb’s trajectory and continues to be a better athlete he could turn out for us. 

The nickel/hybrid guys are doing a nice job on the edge. 

Holcomb is teaching him so hopefully he can help correct it. 

3 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

Robinson is a RUNNING BACK. Gibby is a football player trying to learn how to play running back. It’s time for the experiment to end. 

yep...he can't be counted on to hold on to the ball or stay healthy as a workhorse RB.....the writing was on the wall when we drafted Robinson in round 3. That was Gibby's warning.

5 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

He's been laughably bad at everything for 25 years but still stays somewhat employed.  Though now he only does a paid podcast, and I just can't imagine anybody actually PAYING to listen to his drek.  But apparently there are people who do...

Low football IQ fans love this stuff.  Basically your average 980 caller subscribes to Doc logic that every bad play is the result of not wanting it enough, not having enough heart and ultimately just not being tough.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 3
  • Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1