Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: 2022 - {{SUPERBOWL 57}} ~ THE CHIEFS vs. THE EAGLES

zCommander

2 minutes ago, FrFan said:

See the protection Burrow got while medias were concerned about the injured players.

"The Cincinnati Bengals are the lone team with serious concerns with two more major injuries to their offensive line, meaning three of the starting five will be out Sunday."

But, what does that have to do with the Bills' OL? lol...

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

That's kind of a myth at this point. Jerruh really isn't in charge of personnel at all. They have Will McClay who is one of the best in the business(look at their drafts in recent years). He's the face of the franchise for better or worse but he's not really running things the way he used to.

Just like Dan hasn't been interfering in the Redskins/Commanders for a long time?

He can't help himself, just like Dan can't.

If you disregard the Jimmy Johnson era, Dan and Jerry have had quite similar results from their Football GM Fantasy Camp approach to owning a team.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, profusion said:

Just like Dan hasn't been interfering in the Redskins/Commanders for a long time?

He can't help himself, just like Dan can't.

If you disregard the Jimmy Johnson era, Dan and Jerry have had quite similar results from their Football GM Fantasy Camp approach to owning a team.

Jerry’s had a little more success.

3 hours ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Dal@ss has to face facts:  Dakota is Taylor Heinicke with a long term contract and they are screwed 

Oh come on.  Dak is over paid for sure.  But he’s a top 10-12 QB.  

He’s much closer to Kirk.  Good but not great QB with a top 5 contract who has a propensity to press in high pressure situations.

TH is an XFL backup level talent.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Oh come on.  Dak is over paid for sure.  But he’s a top 10-12 QB.  

He’s much closer to Kirk.  Good but not great QB with a top 5 contract who has a propensity to press in high pressure situations.

TH is an XFL backup level talent.

I definitely see the Kirk comparison, but I see regression from Dakota.  He played like terribly vs this team that was playing backups in Week 18 and then like total trash vs a great defense in SF.  The TB game was an outlier IMO since the Bucs were so bad.

3 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Jerry’s had a little more success.

Not much more, at least when it comes to the things that matter--playoff appearances and wins.

Give Jerry full credit for hiring Jimmy Johnson and co-credit for the Herschel Walker trade. After that, well, he begins to look like a slightly better Dan Snyder.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, profusion said:

Give Jerry full credit for hiring Jimmy Johnson and co-credit for the Herschel Walker trade. After that, well, he begins to look like a slightly better Dan Snyder.

No love for Jerry, but despite not winning since the 90’s, he’s been way better than Dan. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Droughts of what?

EDIT: I think I get it now, drought of league championships, not just Super Bowls...

It's a little odd, because it's counting Minnesota as being a champion, but that was during the Super Bowl era and they lost the Super Bowl that year. But it's technically an NFL Championship because it's pre-merger. 

And then it also counts AFL Championships. 

It's little, let's say, fuzzy. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, profusion said:

Not much more, at least when it comes to the things that matter--playoff appearances and wins.

Just on playoff appearances alone, Dallas has been better:

1999, 2003,2006,2007,2009,2014,2016,2018,2021,2022.

Us:

Dallas has more playoff wins and seasons .500 or better.

No Dallas hasn’t made it to the championship game like us in years but they’ve had more success than Dan ever did.

Edited by 88Comrade2000

2 hours ago, Number 44 said:

Thinking about placing a wager on this game.  Is there any way to find out which team this ref crew has their money on?

I'd go with the 49ers since they definitely seemed to be Giants fans.

14 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Iggles rank 16th on D against the run. Niners rank 7th in rushing offense. 

I wonder what the Niners will do....

I'm sure they'll watch what the Commodores were able to do vs the eagles with a much worse overall offense.

• zCommander changed the title to Game Day Thread: 2022 - PLAYOFFS ~ CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP