Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: 2022 - {{SUPERBOWL 57}} ~ THE CHIEFS vs. THE EAGLES

zCommander

5 hours ago, CapsSkins said:

I'm not into making fun of Jerry Jones because I don't think he gives a ****. Pretty sure all he gives a damn about is making money $$$.

I've seen enough shots of Jerry in anguish in the owner's box after a tough loss to believe he cares very, very much about winning another SB.

He always comes out ahead financially, win or lose, but he can't just buy or negotiate a SB. I think that grates massively on his Texas-sized ego. It's glorious to watch.

Edited by profusion
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, profusion said:

I've seen enough shots of Jerry in anguish in the owner's box after a tough loss to believe he cares very, very much about winning another SB.

He always comes out ahead financially, win or lose, but he can't just buy or negotiate a SB. I think that grates massively on his Texas-sized ego. It's glorious to watch.

The best part, if Jones would step aside and let a competent GM/Prez/FO anyone come in and run the team, they would probably get to the Super Bowl. However, his ego will NEVER let this team have success unless his name is stamped all over it. They won't win anything until Jones is dead.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

The best part, if Jones would step aside and let a competent GM/Prez/FO anyone come in and run the team, they would probably get to the Super Bowl. However, his ego will NEVER let this team have success unless his name is stamped all over it. They won't win anything until Jones is dead.

That's kind of a myth at this point. Jerruh really isn't in charge of personnel at all. They have Will McClay who is one of the best in the business(look at their drafts in recent years). He's the face of the franchise for better or worse but he's not really running things the way he used to.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

That's kind of a myth at this point. Jerruh really isn't in charge of personnel at all. They have Will McClay who is one of the best in the business(look at their drafts in recent years). He's the face of the franchise for better or worse but he's not really running things the way he used to.

I guess thats good for the team, but if I were a Cowboys fan, I think that would make me feel worse. So when Jones is on the radio the next day, throwing people under the bus, putting unnecessary pressure on the players and taking no blame for the situation and making worse...he's not even involved? Even though I was wrong, I'm going to stick by "they will never win while Jones is alive".

22 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Oh, he's involved more than enough to **** things up for the Cowboys. He's still the GM, and he's the one who hired McCarthy. Jerruh is the owner, GM, and president of the franchise...no way his arrogance and influence isn't being vomited all over the front office and coaching staff.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, No Nonsense said:

Regardless of what happens next week, how does SF go back to Tray Lance next year? Purdy has earned that job. 

They don't. I am sure they will try to unload him in the off-season (Tennessee makes sense) but I also fully expect Lance to be the Niners backup next year.

The Niners more pressing need is to sign Bosa to a long term contract. Having 2 QBs for cheap next year (Lance will only have a $9.3 mil cap hit) allows that. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, FrFan said:

I was really impressed by the Bengals guards physical performance (rookie Cordell Volson and Max Scharping) they really shut down the Bills OL

Huh?

7 minutes ago, zCommander said:

326971706_1197577640862437_7850311606503510739_n.thumb.jpg.98fc32678ef33b09b5eabc5bf6080a40.jpg

Droughts of what?

EDIT: I think I get it now, drought of league championships, not just Super Bowls...

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated
  • Thumb up 1

15 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Huh?

See the protection Burrow got while medias were concerned about the injured players.

"The Cincinnati Bengals are the lone team with serious concerns with two more major injuries to their offensive line, meaning three of the starting five will be out Sunday."

Edited by FrFan