Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

Just now, Est.1974 said:

Gates said he expects to play Centre. We brought back Larsen, who granted is an easy cut. Not a chance we draft a pure centre. It’ll be a C/G prospect and I think a bit later in the draft if at all. Early needs to be OT.

I think you’re right but more because of positional value. I’m sure we can find a developmental center or C/G much later than a OT with the tools to be a starting LT in a few years.

28 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Gates said he expects to play Centre. We brought back Larsen, who granted is an easy cut. Not a chance we draft a pure centre. It’ll be a C/G prospect and I think a bit later in the draft if at all. Early needs to be OT.

If so, they must be extremely confused about Roullier's health.

1 minute ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

If so, they must be extremely confused about Roullier's health.

Sounds to me like Roullier was thinking about retiring, now he wants to play, and they love his character and locker room presence. Likely hate his contract. One of them where it would be a tough call to let him go. But his contract is no goof to us. Need to make a call on that. 

• Like 1

Jordan Reid, same one with the tweets on Ringo posted here, ESPN anaylist, ex-college QB.  Has Thompson-Robinson ranked a peg higher than me.  IMO he's not the 6th best Qb.  But lol I guess like Daniel Jeremiah he's going in on the player. 

But his point about the Eagles is interesting as for a backup to them.  Among other things,Thompson-Robinson majors in RPOs and that's heavy in the Eagles offense.  

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2023/insider/story/_/id/34821944/ranking-top-2023-nfl-draft-quarterbacks-jordan-reid-qb-hot-board-top-passers-risers-team-fits

6. Dorian Thompson-Robinson, UCLA

HT: 6-foot-2 | WT: 203 pounds
Projected range: Early Day 3

Thompson-Robinson played like a completely different player last season, in better control of Chip Kelly's offense. The biggest difference? He played within the scheme and didn't try to do too much (besides in the bowl game against Pitt). DTR often found himself playing hero ball in the past, but he operated one of the most efficient attacks in the country. In 13 starts last season, he totaled 3,154 passing yards, 27 touchdown throws and 10 interceptions. The ball comes off the senior signal-caller's throwing hand with purpose behind it, and Thompson-Robinson was a much more accurate passer last season -- his completion rate jumped to 69.6% from 62.2% in 2021.

Thompson-Robinson also showcased his dual-threat ability this past season with 646 rushing yards and 12 touchdowns on the ground. He adds another dimension to a team's offense with his ability to scramble and pick up first downs on designed QB runs. During the week of practices at the East-West Shrine Bowl and at the combine, DTR displayed good velocity and timing on routes, and his mobility stuck out right away.

Potential team fit: Philadelphia Eagles. The Eagles' diverse run game and play-action concepts heavily involving their tight ends fit with Thompson-Robinson. Jalen Hurts appears to be the answer moving forward, but with Gardner Minshew becoming a free agent, the franchise could look to draft a developmental player here.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

Feel like Ringo is a bit more boom or bust as a CB prospect than someone like say JPJ or even Banks who is really growing on me.

I'm still not sure who the best T prospect is after Paris Johnson. I would stay away from Skronski because he's going to be a G and I'd be sick to my stomach if we took a freaking G in the 1st round.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Feel like Ringo is a bit more boom or bust as a CB prospect than someone like say JPJ or even Banks who is really growing on me.

I'm still not sure who the best T prospect is after Paris Johnson. I would stay away from Skronski because he's going to be a G and I'd be sick to my stomach if we took a freaking G in the 1st round.

Yep I’m out on having a first round guard, well at #16 anyway. Maybe if we traded back to #31 I’d be ok with it.....

24 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Been watching Izzy more and he is growing on me. I’d be good with him.

The takeaway on him seems to be that he's an inexperienced player with a feel for the game that is a little behind, but has legit track speed.  Supposedly came to the game a little late and family has a big track background.

His game against VT was pretty much superhuman.  6 tds and 300 yards.  Clear display of speed that was just totally beyond anything VT could handle.  I just didn't really watch him before now, but I think he's really good.  Kind of reminds me of Gibby in that he's an elite NFL athlete that might take a couple of seasons to develop, but has major chunk play upside.  I'm strongly considering putting him as my RB5 behind spears and Charbonnet.

• Like 1

I used to think he won't be there at 47 but judging by mocks he might be.

As I've been saying on and off for a long time, if they want some nasty at LG, he's the guy.  He had the best 3 cone and shuttle numbers in this group aside from Gaines and he's a better player than Gaines IMO by a clear peg or two.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I don't think there is much bust in Ringo.   Only 20 years old.  6 '2, 207, yet ran 4.36.

From what I've read, he's a high character guy.  Watching him, he comes off like a dude who plays with passion and high effort -- good and feisty against the run.  He is sticky in coverage for the most part but bites way too much on double moves and gave up some big plays last season, that needs to be coached out of him.  Has ball skills.  In the 2nd round, I'd dig it big time. 

As far as buzz, I think he suffers from high expectations, seen by many as the top corner in the draft before the last college season, and he wasn't the top corner. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYSkins21 said:

If we indeed go bpa at 16 and Jalen Carter continues to fall because of the legal scrutiny he’s under, do we run to the podium with his name?

I’d need to have met him privately and feel good about his commitment to the sport and mental health to make that pick, if I was a GM. The tape is one thing and the off-field incident is another. But in addition to that, he looked like a hungover non-athlete at his pro day, which is essentially a huge job interview. That’s wildly bad for him. I don’t know if he’s a good kid. If he is a good kid who’s made some mistakes, he’s probably struggling right now after his teammate’s death. So maybe it’s explainable. But damn if he was gonna look that bad at his pro day, he should have been smart enough to not participate and set a personal pro day early next month, or been smart enough to fake an injury and just do interviews until, again, a personal pro day later. Idk what his agent is thinking 

• Like 1

I essentially agree with Conn regarding Jalen Cater.  I think you have to do your homework, but if you research him and you think he is a good kid who just screwed up, then yeah I would take him at 16.  You are still taking on some risk, but you are getting a top 5 talent, so the risk is worth it.   If you do the homework and he is a basketcase, then hard pass.

Edited by philibusters
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

Any views on CB Rejzohn Wright ? Apol’s if I’ve missed along the way.

Nobody biting on this ? Must be someone....

Just been looking at LBs. Dorian Williams. Tested well, 4.49 40 time. Looks pretty decent to me. Lower- Mid rounder....

Overview
Team captain with athletic, tapered build and eye-catching production. Williams looks and moves more like a big box safety with his bursts to the football and open-field fluidity. Lacking the size and strength to match up with NFL take-on duties near the line, Williams needs to become more adept at slipping blocks and staying a step ahead of the blocking scheme. His coverage potential and special teams background will give his roster quest a boost as a likely Day 3 selection looking to fit into a backup role as a Will linebacker.
Strengths
  • Team captain and three-year starter.
  • Plays with adequate instincts.
  • Gets into blockers with proper knee bend.
  • Sifts through traffic and identifies ball-carriers.
  • Wrap-up tackler in the hole.
  • Springy with quality burst in open-field pursuit.
  • Fluid in zone coverage with man cover talent.
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Just been looking at LBs. Dorian Williams. Tested well, 4.49 40 time. Looks pretty decent to me. Lower- Mid rounder....

Overview
Team captain with athletic, tapered build and eye-catching production. Williams looks and moves more like a big box safety with his bursts to the football and open-field fluidity. Lacking the size and strength to match up with NFL take-on duties near the line, Williams needs to become more adept at slipping blocks and staying a step ahead of the blocking scheme. His coverage potential and special teams background will give his roster quest a boost as a likely Day 3 selection looking to fit into a backup role as a Will linebacker.
Strengths
  • Team captain and three-year starter.
  • Plays with adequate instincts.
  • Gets into blockers with proper knee bend.
  • Sifts through traffic and identifies ball-carriers.
  • Wrap-up tackler in the hole.
  • Springy with quality burst in open-field pursuit.
  • Fluid in zone coverage with man cover talent.

RR loves team captains too. 

7 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I like Rejzohn's length but IIRC, he had some rough reps at the Senior Bowl that turned me off. I've not looked at him since but he is rising up boards I think. I'd much rather look at this group than Wright personally.

Darius Rush (not a sleeper anymore)

Cory Trice

Terrell Smith

Jaylon Jones (maybe)

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Chump Bailey said:

I like Rejzohn's length but IIRC, he had some rough reps at the Senior Bowl that turned me off. I've not looked at him since but he is rising up boards I think. I'd much rather look at this group than Wright personally.

Darius Rush (not a sleeper anymore)

Cory Trice

Terrell Smith

Jaylon Jones (maybe)

Thanks. From what I’ve seen he was late day 3 but fit the bill in terms of measurables that we look for. That’s said we’ve picked up Dantzler now off waivers from the Vikings so maybe that late round option has been boxed off.