Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

49 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I was convinced that the Eagles were going Gonz at 10, but they brought both starters back and got Greedy Williams, so no clue now. Maybe Paris or a DL.

I think the Bears are locked into OT Paris at 9. Eagles need IDL help bad now. Hargrave left and Cox has been declining for awhile. So if Carter is there, the Eagles might risk it.

Could they go after Branch? CGJ is still unsigned.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I was convinced that the Eagles were going Gonz at 10, but they brought both starters back and got Greedy Williams, so no clue now. Maybe Paris or a DL.

He's going 6th to Detroit IMO.

DL is probably the Eagles pick at 10 now if they don't move back. Y'all are prolly right on that.

Berese or Murphy will be there at 10. Kancey might still be there at 30.

Heck, maybe they add on a strength and grab Nolan Smith. 

I really hope Howell explodes into greatness and that we draft a late round QB that does the same, so we can keep not paying good QBs and trade them for draft picks, while becoming a better team.

4 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

I wonder if EB will influence Ron to be looking for a Kelce type TE chess piece in the draft. I dont know much about Kincaid and Mayer but they seem to be a good bet to be studs from the get from what I am hearing.  Would we have to trade up to get one of these guys?

Kincaid is more of that chess piece weapon who can also block in space (but not in-line). Mayer is the old school in-line guy who can catch, but I doubt he'll be as versatile at the next level as some hope.

Mayer and Kincaid have pretty different skillsets, but neither have the full package. The true TE unicorn of the draft is Darnell Washington. It's a gamble thinking he'll develop into everything you want a TE to do. But he's the closest to being that perfect TE prospect we've seen in awhile.

The gamble is that he wasn't asked to be a receiving weapon, because the team he was on, the national champs, were loaded already.

• Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Kincaid is more of that chess piece weapon who can also block in space (but not in-line). Mayer is the old school in-line guy who can catch, but I doubt he'll be as versatile at the next level as some hope.

Mayer and Kincaid have pretty different skillsets, but neither have the full package. The true TE unicorn of the draft is Darnell Washington. It's a gamble thinking he'll develop into everything you want a TE to do. But he's the closest to being that perfect TE prospect we've seen in awhile.

The gamble is that he wasn't asked to be a receiving weapon, because the team he was on, the national champs, were loaded already.

From what you are saying, It sounds like it would be Kincaid or Washington if what we are after is a Kelce type.  Expecting them to be Kelce is a reach but even if we could get a player 2/3 the ability of Kelce it would make the O more deadly.  The problem I have with potential unicorn TE's is they dont work out most of the time. That being said, a gamble might be worth it if the draft position is more favorable on our board.  Where do you think Washington will go in the draft?

40 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Oh yes please! Isn't his game shades of KOH from a couple of years ago? Flies around the field and just an all around playmaker? 

Would be a great fit, I think. 

Where do you think he goes? 2nd round? 3rd round?

2 hours ago, rumplestilskin said:

From what you are saying, It sounds like it would be Kincaid or Washington if what we are after is a Kelce type.  Expecting them to be Kelce is a reach but even if we could get a player 2/3 the ability of Kelce it would make the O more deadly.  The problem I have with potential unicorn TE's is they dont work out most of the time. That being said, a gamble might be worth it if the draft position is more favorable on our board.  Where do you think Washington will go in the draft?

I think it's difficult to pin down any of the draft slots for these TE's. I think all 3 of them are gone somewhere in the pick #20-40 range, even though that's not where I'd personally draft each of them. But everybody has different needs and big boards.

I believe there are no character or personality issues with any of them. I think Mayer is considered the one with the best leadership traits. But we don't really have access to that type of info, and it could just be hype spread by agents at the combine.

• Like 1

I'm assuming with the Chargers letting Ekeler walk, the floor for Bijon is 21, but it'd be cool to see them grab Charbonnet.

I think there is a chance that the first pass catcher will be available at 16, which give us a very good opportunity to trade back.

11 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'm assuming with the Chargers letting Ekeler walk, the floor for Bijon is 21, but it'd be cool to see them grab Charbonnet.

I think there is a chance that the first pass catcher will be available at 16, which give us a very good opportunity to trade back.

I'm kind of all or nothing for a trade back. If we can grab another 2nd rounder, that's pretty appealing. But I don't think I'd do a repeat of last year's where it's just a 3rd and a 4th. Unless all of the BPA guys that fit our various issues are gone.

I think there's going to be a run on corners in the 1st. There's a decent chance the top 3 are all gone by 16, then we trade back, and the next batch are also gone by then.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Roullier, Leno, Paul, Gates, Wylie, Lucas are all late picks or UDFA. Maybe the FO thinks high draft capital isn't needed for it if you can afford time to develop guys.

Think we’re going to need an extra tier of quality brought in at OT. Hopefully that’s high enough on the draft list. I don’t want us drafting a guard with one of our first 3 picks.

• Like 1

Well, just spent a hour or so looking through the OL prospects again. I was intending to come on here saying that Steve Avila would be a good selection. But I wasn’t that impressed. To be honest, I am really struggling with the OL quality in general. Just not seeing first round material.

I don’t think we’d draft a pure C now. Do we ? Not with Gates coming in IMO.

Later picks Tyler Steen will be value. Jon Gaines is a real favourite of mine for day 3. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Well, just spent a hour or so looking through the OL prospects again. I was intending to come on here saying that Steve Avila would be a good selection. But I wasn’t that impressed. To be honest, I am really struggling with the OL quality in general. Just not seeing first round material.

I don’t think we’d draft a pure C now. Do we ? Not with Gates coming in IMO.

Later picks Tyler Steen will be value. Jon Gaines is a real favourite of mine for day 3. 

If I were to guess, I think we trade back a bit and go OT-DB-IOL (C)- LBer the first two days. I'd kill for the same trade back as last year. 4rth round we could go TE&QB.

2 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I would rather we picked an Edge in round one than OL.

I really want Nolan Smith or Gonz, but I don't see that happening.

Of course I don't like drafting offense before day 3, unless it's a TE  :ols: 

Watching our offense get bullies last year hurt though.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I really want Nolan Smith or Gonz, but I don't see that happening.

Of course I don't like drafting offense before day 3, unless it's a TE  :ols: 

Watching our offense get bullies last year hurt though.

Well I think Ron is going to break the habit of a lifetime and take a CB first.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1