Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

26 minutes ago, method man said:

I looked at a bunch of mocks and Paris is not falling beyond 11 to the Titans (I know they signed Dillard but they could use another tackle). If he somehow falls to 12, I am up for moving the 3rd comp pick and the 4th

I think I would do it too. If he is your guy go get him.

17 minutes ago, KDawg said:

With you on Haener and Tune.

I disagree SLIGHTLY on where Bagent fits. I think he belongs in the same conversation as those two. 

Bennett, Duggan are a notch above O'Connell, imo.

I will leave my comments to myself on the other guy you mentioned :ols:

I put them in that same bucket.  I just phrased it poorly.  I mentioned mid round then skipped to late round.  And then went back to mid round. 

As far as late round.  Thompson-Robinson.  For the audeince here i'll double down why I'd like him in the 7th or mabe late 6th, not earlier than that.:ols:

I don't believe in him as a passer but I do believe in him as a runner.  But I actually like Tyler Huntley in the context of being a backup.  You throw him in there with a lot of RO-RPOs and they stayed competitive with him.  That's all i ask for a back up, stay competitive.

Orchestrating RO-RPOs, Dorain-Thompson stood out to me.  He's not just fast.  He cuts in open field like a running back.  He sells it in the backfield, not just as a ball handler but the dude will carry out the fake by sprinting down field even though Charbonnet had the ball and it even confused me watching that.  So I dig that quality.

Here's him speaking to you directly :D

Edited by Skinsinparadise

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I put them in that same bucket.  I just phrased it poorly.  I mentioned mid round then skipped to late round.  And then went back to mid round. 

As far as late round.  Thompson-Robinson.  For the audeince here i'll double down why I'd like him in the 7th or mabe late 6th, not earlier than that.:ols:

I don't believe in him as a passer but I do believe in him as a runner.  But I actually like Tyler Huntley in the context of being a backup.  You throw him in there with a lot of RO-RPOs and they stayed competitive with him.  That's all i ask for a back up, stay competitive.

Orchestrating RO-RPOs, Dorain-Thompson stood out to me.  He's not just fast.  He cuts in open field like a running back.  He sells it in the backfield, not just as a ball handler but the dude will carry out the fake by sprinting down field even though Charbonnet had the ball and it even confused me watching that.  So I dig that quality.

Here's him speaking to you directly :D

Here is where I will give... if he is used like the Defenders use D'Eriq King and he actually plays during games, even as a rookie, in a more running role... I'd be okay with him. Not a lot of plays. But 5ish a game...

If you are trying to get a backup QB who is a quality guy that can play full-time... he stinks :ols: 

40 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Edge, CB, RB, TE IMO.

Listened to Tony Pauline last night.  Basically said there are only two Safeties worthy of being first/second rounders in Branch (first rounder) and Brown (2nd rounder).  That's it.  He's with you on the TE & RB depth.  LOVES the TE class this year.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Here is where I will give... if he is used like the Defenders use D'Eriq King and he actually plays during games, even as a rookie, in a more running role... I'd be okay with him. Not a lot of plays. But 5ish a game...

If you are trying to get a backup QB who is a quality guy that can play full-time... he stinks :ols: 

He's VERY raw as a passer. He doesn't have great touch and he seems to almost spray the ball as to hos throwing style.   But as a RO dude, he's one of the best I've seen at it -- so its all about that for me AND with his ability to run, I wonder if he's like another TE?  Some of his open field running is sick.   Don't know if he can catch.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/ucla/story/2023-03-15/ucla-pro-day-dorian-thompson-robinson-scouts-quarterback

“Palmer kept telling us that of all the guys he’s training, he has the best zip on the ball,” said Sam Mirza, one of Thompson-Robinson’s agents at Equity Sports.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Maybe.  He's IMO high floor, high ceiling.  Not sure they'd do it though.  They seem bent on adding picks typically on draft day.

If a team like Seattle wanted someone at 16. I'd love to slide back slightly in 1 and up in round 2..move from 1.16 and 2.47 to 1.20 and 2.37 and grab Darnell Washington and Jack Campbell. 

But that would have to mean that Wylie and Gates were enough of an upgrade at OL. Not quite sure about that

Edited by bowhunter
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He's VERY raw as a passer. He doesn't have great touch and he seems to almost spray the ball as to hos throwing style.   But as a RO dude, he's one of the best I've seen at it -- so its all about that for me AND with his ability to run, I wonder if he's like another TE?  Some of his open field running is sick.   Don't know if he can catch.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/ucla/story/2023-03-15/ucla-pro-day-dorian-thompson-robinson-scouts-quarterback

“Palmer kept telling us that of all the guys he’s training, he has the best zip on the ball,” said Sam Mirza, one of Thompson-Robinson’s agents at Equity Sports.

Dude has some great zip.

Ball spirals well. 

And then it spirals 14 yards away from it's intended target. :ols:

But yes, if used like the Defenders use D'Eriq King I like the move. (don't fall over).

With Brisset on board I'm a bit more okay with Spray Pattern getting drafted. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bowhunter said:

If a team like Seattle wanted someone at 16. I'd love to slide back slightly in 1 and up in round 2..move from 1.16 and 2.47 to 1.20 and 2.37 and grab Darnell Washington and Jack Campbell. 

Me too, doubt they would though.

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Dude has some great zip.

Ball spirals well. 

And then it spirals 14 yards away from it's intended target. :ols:

But yes, if used like the Defenders use D'Eriq King I like the move. (don't fall over).

With Brisset on board I'm a bit more okay with Spray Pattern getting drafted. 

giphy.gif

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bowhunter said:

I would be happy with this if we did not go T first. DW brings the big blocking and big receiver we need to move the chains only TE I would want this early. JC fills another big need at LB. OL next maybe a C rd.4. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, skinsfan66 said:

I would be happy with this if we did not go T first. DW brings the big blocking and big receiver we need to move the chains only TE I would want this early. JC fills another big need at LB. OL next maybe a C rd.4. 

Yeah, my dream scenario involved trading back in R1 to draft an OT and back up in Round 2 to secure Washington. Probably can't get Washington at #47 so I feel like a trade down to accumulate assets then a trade back up to get Washington would be necessary. 

4 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Yeah, my dream scenario involved trading back in R1 to draft an OT and back up in Round 2 to secure Washington. Probably can't get Washington at #47 so I feel like a trade down to accumulate assets then a trade back up to get Washington would be necessary. 

Washington is a tough one to predict. He could go anywhere from top half of round 1 to top half of rd 2. But I'd  love him here. Big Maulers that can catch are fun to watch run or pass

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

Washington is a tough one to predict. He could go anywhere from top half of round 1 to top half of rd 2. But I'd  love him here. Big Maulers that can catch are fun to watch run or pass

Just feel like Washington + a 1st round Tackle could take the line to the next level. Kind of like a cheat code with his blocking and route running abilities. 

1 minute ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Just feel like Washington + a 1st round Tackle could take the line to the next level. Kind of like a cheat code with his blocking and route running abilities. 

Agreed!! I just don't think a 1st round tackle and Washington are achievable without giving a few more assets, but Jack Campbell would be a great consolation prize

2 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

Jim Nagy's relentless promotion of the Senior Bowl event gets tiring.  It also makes his takes suspect to me.

He's better in interviews than twitter.  Twitter is his hype machine.  I use it when I agree with a player.  But in interviews he's often direct where he will pick players who stood out over others and shares specific as to why.

19 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He's better in interviews than twitter.  Twitter is his hype machine.  I use it when I agree with a player.  But in interviews he's often direct where he will pick players who stood out over others and shares specific as to why.

He's a good reminder of the importance of being skeptical of a lot of the info that comes from draftnik season.  Most of what we hear about players and their interactions with teams is from agents and guys like him who have an angle to plug.

I used to think it was the teams themselves doing all of the lying as a way of disguising their draft plans, but I actually don't think they have to do that much because their is an army of people with financial interests in creating a soup of misinformation about the draft class each year.  If anything, I think team sources often seem pretty straight with the draftniks who have their number because their takes get disseminated anonymously.  I also think teams share info with other FOs they trust as a form of trade knowledge to make sure they're getting things right.  And I think teams know a ton more about who likes who than we realize, to the point where when draft day trades are made teams know why certain teams are calling at certain spots.

Anyway that aside, guys like Nagy have too much carnival barker in them for me to trust them entirely.

2 hours ago, skinsfan66 said:

Better than Maurice Jones Drew? I

Way better than Maurice Jones Drew, Deshaun Foster and Skip Hicks. Charbonnet is a very special player. He also has great hands too. If you combined Gibson and Robinson into a back and added more heart and athleticism with instant decision making and great vision you get Charbonnet. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Way better than Maurice Jones Drew, Deshaun Foster and Skip Hicks. Charbonnet is a very special player. He also has great hands too. If you combined Gibson and Robinson into a back and added more heart and athleticism with instant decision making and great vision you get Charbonnet. 

Kinda what we are missing, right.

• Thumb up 1

16 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

IOL, QB, and ILB seem like the weakest positions, but overall, I think this class is underrated to an extent. I see good value in the WR, DB, OT, OLB, EDGE, DL, and TE positions throughout. 

I think QB and ILB are stronger this year than most years.  Four top ten QBs is pretty unusual.  I also think that WR, S, and OT are three of the weakest groups along with IOL.  The past few drafts have been much more talent laden at WR in particular.  And I think this might be the first class in a while where no safety goes in the first round.

I also think IDL is pretty weak now that Jalen Carter is in freefall.  If he's not on your draft board, then I think the crop of rock solid first round IDLs is down to just Bresee and Kancey, and Kancey is not going to fit every defensive scheme.  I personally would still put Zacch Pickens and Karl Brooks into the mix as first round IDLs, but they are fringey and there is a good chance they don't go first.  There isn't a consensus around the second tier of IDL this year.

But the quality of the defensive class as a whole is still high.  Edge is much, much stronger than an average year and so is corner.  Money positions.

I also think this is a sneaky good RB class.  I actually like it better than the year where Swift/Taylor/Dobbins/Akers/Dillon all went in the second round.  IMO Bijan/Jahmyr/Tyjae/Zach > than them as a group of top 50 backs.  And some of the depth guys like Abanikande, McBride, Gray also have good starting potential.  I think we're getting 10 RBs from this crop that make rotations.

• Like 1