Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Unofficial "Elon Musk trying to "Save Everyone" from Themselves (except his Step-Sister)" Thread...

Renegade7

10 hours ago, The 12th Commandment said:

It seems Musk did one good thing at Twitter.  After I cancelled my account last month, when he banned the reporters, I've noticed he apparently did away with the irritating "join up message" that motivated me to sign up in the first place.  

I use chromes incognito tab on my android n I'm always able to click no. Still asks me every damn time if I'd like to log in tho. 🤣

• Haha 1

I've been waiting for a long time for someone to build a subway, but far more expensive and less efficient. Bravo, Elon!

I swear to god he could strap roller skates and an engine to a horse and carriage, say it's the next great leap in technology, and his fanboys would lap it up.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

so it's a metro....but without a track, using Teslas

****ing waste of time. just add some rails to it and let it be a metro line that runs back and forth :ols: 

Yes, it is a track with teslas. The tunnels are smaller and are dug much faster/cheaper than typical boring machines. So that is the sauce.

The original plan was an autonomous tram. Personally I am pretty sure the autonomous part of it would work fine in the tunnel (AP lane keep and tacc work flawlessly) I don’t think it can handle the parking/station yet so that’s why they aren’t autonomous. 

I don’t think the boring company tunnels can accommodate track, and as for why they aren’t using an electric tram, I feel like it is a marketing tool for Teslas.

not a waste of time though, has been quite a success so far.

https://www.teslarati.com/the-boring-company-lvcc-loop-ces-2022-results-review/amp/

But in order to be viable many places they got to get the tram figured out.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84
  • Haha 4

Elon Musk attorneys try to move trial from California to Texas, citing ‘local negativity’

Attorneys for Tesla and Elon Musk are asking a federal judge in San Francisco to move, or delay, a forthcoming trial from Northern California to Western Texas, saying they won’t be able to find unbiased jurors and citing “local negativity” toward Musk.

Musk, and other current and former Tesla board members, are set to face a jury in a shareholder class action that claims the CEO manipulated Tesla’s stock in 2018 when he tweeted that he was considering taking his electric vehicle company private at $420 per share, and had “funding secured” to do so.

Tesla’s stock trading initially halted, then shares were highly volatile for weeks after the tweets.

That year, Musk resided in California and Tesla was headquartered in Palo Alto. The Tesla and SpaceX CEO moved his residence to Texas in 2020, and his electric vehicle company relocated its headquarters to Austin in 2021.

In 2022, Northern California Senior District Judge Edward M. Chen, who is overseeing the trial, ruled that Musk’s statements in 2018 were false and that he tweeted them knowingly.

The forthcoming trial and jury will decide whether Musk’s now infamous tweets mattered to shareholders, if and how they impacted Tesla’s share price, and whether the company or its directors should be held liable and pay damages.

Click on the link for the full article

:rofl89:

'Living Nostradamus' warns WW3 could be sparked by Elon Musk taking on the Antichrist

'Living Nostradamus' has seen into the future and believes World War 3 could be sparked by Elon Musk fighting the Antichrist.

Investigative paranormal Athos Salomé previously told the Daily Star how the Tesla, SpaceX and now Twitter boss could be a Knight Templar and 2023 will see the Antichrist's return.

The Brazilian's theory means that despite the leader of the Russian Orthodox Church, Patriarch Kirill's description of the returning Antichrist sounding an awful lot like Elon Musk, they will in fact become his nemesis.

In January 2019, Kirill said urged the public to be careful when using the "mobile internet" because it represents "an opportunity to gain global control over the human race".

"The Antichrist is the person who will be at the head of the internet, controlling all of humanity," Kirill said four years ago.

Speaking on billionaire Musk's grasp on ground-breaking technology, Athos told the Daily Star: "Remember that last year, when my prophecy pointed to this entrepreneur, I warned about the possibility of humanity being defended, in a new order, by a Knight Templar, who could possibly fight the so-called antichrist.

"But if Elon Musk is the Knight Templar, then who will be the antichrist?"

Athos makes a point of stressing that the antichrist will not come from the known first world, but from a state within another state, like Rome. He believes that the materialisation of this mythical figure could come from new technologies, artificial intelligence and robotics.

Click on the link for the full article

So Musk is a knight going to battle an AI antichrist?  Do I have that right?  I guess that explains this:

GettyImages-1438035589.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cooked Crack said:

Not reading a four thousand word tweet. Not gonna happen.

FYI, this is 400 words, now imagine a tweet 10 times as long:

non pulvinar neque laoreet suspendisse interdum consectetur libero id faucibus nisl tincidunt eget nullam non nisi est sit amet facilisis magna etiam tempor orci eu lobortis elementum nibh tellus molestie nunc non blandit massa enim nec dui nunc mattis enim ut tellus elementum sagittis vitae et leo duis ut diam quam nulla porttitor massa id neque aliquam vestibulum morbi blandit cursus risus at ultrices mi tempus imperdiet nulla malesuada pellentesque elit eget gravida cum sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes nascetur ridiculus mus mauris vitae ultricies leo integer malesuada nunc vel risus commodo viverra maecenas accumsan lacus vel facilisis volutpat est velit egestas dui id ornare arcu odio ut sem nulla pharetra diam sit amet nisl suscipit adipiscing bibendum est ultricies integer quis auctor elit sed vulputate mi sit amet mauris commodo quis imperdiet massa tincidunt nunc pulvinar sapien et ligula ullamcorper malesuada proin libero nunc consequat interdum varius sit amet mattis vulputate enim nulla aliquet porttitor lacus luctus accumsan tortor posuere ac ut consequat semper viverra nam libero justo laoreet sit amet cursus sit amet dictum sit amet justo donec enim diam vulputate ut pharetra sit amet aliquam id diam maecenas ultricies mi eget mauris pharetra et ultrices neque ornare aenean euismod elementum nisi quis eleifend quam adipiscing vitae proin sagittis nisl rhoncus mattis rhoncus urna neque viverra justo nec ultrices dui sapien eget mi proin sed libero enim sed faucibus turpis in eu mi bibendum neque egestas congue quisque egestas diam in arcu cursus euismod quis viverra nibh cras pulvinar mattis nunc sed blandit libero volutpat sed cras ornare arcu dui vivamus arcu felis bibendum ut tristique et egestas quis ipsum suspendisse ultrices gravida dictum fusce ut placerat orci nulla pellentesque dignissim enim sit amet venenatis urna cursus eget nunc scelerisque viverra mauris in aliquam sem fringilla ut morbi tincidunt augue interdum velit euismod in pellentesque massa placerat duis ultricies lacus sed turpis tincidunt id aliquet risus feugiat in ante metus dictum at tempor commodo ullamcorper a lacus vestibulum sed arcu non odio euismod lacinia at quis risus sed vulputate odio ut enim blandit volutpat maecenas volutpat blandit aliquam etiam erat velit scelerisque in dictum non consectetur a erat nam at lectus urna duis convallis convallis tellus id interdum velit laoreet id donec ultrices tincidunt arcu non sodales neque sodales ut etiam sit amet nisl purus in mollis nunc sed id semper risus in hendrerit gravida

Twitter gonna become the new Wordpress.

3 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

Not reading a four thousand word tweet. Not gonna happen.

It’s characters. This post is twenty words, but is 110 characters. Personally I wouldn’t read a 4000 character post either.

Here is 4K characters:

One morning, when Gregor Samsa woke from troubled dreams, he found himself transformed in his bed into a horrible vermin. He lay on his armour-like back, and if he lifted his head a little he could see his brown belly, slightly domed and divided by arches into stiff sections. The bedding was hardly able to cover it and seemed ready to slide off any moment. His many legs, pitifully thin compared with the size of the rest of him, waved about helplessly as he looked. "What's happened to me?" he thought. It wasn't a dream. His room, a proper human room although a little too small, lay peacefully between its four familiar walls. A collection of textile samples lay spread out on the table - Samsa was a travelling salesman - and above it there hung a picture that he had recently cut out of an illustrated magazine and housed in a nice, gilded frame. It showed a lady fitted out with a fur hat and fur boa who sat upright, raising a heavy fur muff that covered the whole of her lower arm towards the viewer. Gregor then turned to look out the window at the dull weather. Drops of rain could be heard hitting the pane, which made him feel quite sad. "How about if I sleep a little bit longer and forget all this nonsense", he thought, but that was something he was unable to do because he was used to sleeping on his right, and in his present state couldn't get into that position. However hard he threw himself onto his right, he always rolled back to where he was. He must have tried it a hundred times, shut his eyes so that he wouldn't have to look at the floundering legs, and only stopped when he began to feel a mild, dull pain there that he had never felt before. "Oh, God", he thought, "what a strenuous career it is that I've chosen! Travelling day in and day out. Doing business like this takes much more effort than doing your own business at home, and on top of that there's the curse of travelling, worries about making train connections, bad and irregular food, contact with different people all the time so that you can never get to know anyone or become friendly with them. It can all go to Hell!" He felt a slight itch up on his belly; pushed himself slowly up on his back towards the headboard so that he could lift his head better; found where the itch was, and saw that it was covered with lots of little white spots which he didn't know what to make of; and when he tried to feel the place with one of his legs he drew it quickly back because as soon as he touched it he was overcome by a cold shudder. He slid back into his former position. "Getting up early all the time", he thought, "it makes you stupid. You've got to get enough sleep. Other travelling salesmen live a life of luxury. For instance, whenever I go back to the guest house during the morning to copy out the contract, these gentlemen are always still sitting there eating their breakfasts. I ought to just try that with my boss; I'd get kicked out on the spot. But who knows, maybe that would be the best thing for me. If I didn't have my parents to think about I'd have given in my notice a long time ago, I'd have gone up to the boss and told him just what I think, tell him everything I would, let him know just what I feel. He'd fall right off his desk! And it's a funny sort of business to be sitting up there at your desk, talking down at your subordinates from up there, especially when you have to go right up close because the boss is hard of hearing. Well, there's still some hope; once I've got the money together to pay off my parents' debt to him - another five or six years I suppose - that's definitely what I'll do. That's when I'll make the big change. First of all though, I've got to get up, my train leaves at five." And he looked over at the alarm clock, ticking on the chest of drawers. "God in Heaven!" he thought. It was half past six and the hands were quietly moving forwards, it was even later than half past, more like quarter to seven. Had the alarm clock not rung? He could see

Still seems excessive.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84