Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Unofficial "Elon Musk trying to "Save Everyone" from Themselves (except his Step-Sister)" Thread...

Renegade7

The organizer of an annual charity raffle to win a Tesla says he's struggling to sell tickets this year because of Elon Musk's antics

One of the first ever Tesla raffles had to find an alternative prize because so many past entrants were too upset with Elon Musk to buy another ticket this year, its organizer told Insider.

Since 2015, the Boston-based nonprofit Climate XChange has offered the chance to win a luxury electric-vehicle for a $250 ticket.

Proceeds help the organization campaign for climate-related policies in all 50 states, although the raffle director, Peter Kirby, told Insider: "We tend to sell more tickets to people who are Tesla enthusiasts who happen to support the climate."

Even though the last three raffles sold out, organizers noticed sales were well behind the usual pace this time around. That's despite the top prize, a Tesla Model X Plaid and all associated taxes, being worth $250,000 — a 10% higher value than 2022's raffle. 

Kirby said that last year Climate XChange sold-out all 5,000 tickets, but at the time Insider spoke to Kirby in mid-January, this year's raffle had only sold 1,742 tickets. That's just over a third of its fixed-capacity, with the draw coming up on February 24. 

Climate XChange altered its advertising strategy soon after the initial launch last September, but still found a lack of interest.

"We were in October, and then getting into November, and then we started getting some feedback from people," says Kirby. The emails and text messages made it clear that previous entrants weren't interested in winning a Tesla because of Musk.

One person cited the way Musk laid-off Twitter staff as well as his political opinions, adding: "I am so anti-Elon at this point." And another email called Musk a "fascist," insisting: "You've got to find another e-car to give away." 

But it wasn't all politics either, with one person writing to Kirby: "Unfortunately Mr. Musk has done some real damage to the Tesla brand and the quality of the cars."

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 2

Elon Musk accuses a major Saudi investor of 'ass-covering' in a trial over his 'funding secured' Tesla tweet

Elon Musk said he'd tweeted about planning to take Tesla private in part after assurances by a major Saudi Arabian investor, whom he accused of later "backpedaling" and "ass-covering" to slink out of an alleged agreement.

In an ongoing civil trial in San Francisco federal court, Musk continued to defend his 2018 tweet about having the "funding secured," for a Tesla transaction, saying that Yasir Al-Rumayyan, the governor of Saudi Arabia's Private Investment Fund, had "verbally" expressed support for the plan. 

Musk said that in a meeting in July 2018, Al-Rumayyan told him, then-Tesla chief financial officer Deepak Ahuja, and Musk's then chief-of-staff Sam Teller that the Saudi investors "were committed" to a plan they were discussing to take the carmaker private. 

He said that Al-Rumayyan told them that "they would do whatever it took to get it done," and that he'd been "unequivocal" about supporting the deal. Then in a conversation after Musk's tweet, Al-Rumayyan softened his stance to say that the Saudi PIF were interested in looking into possible investment opportunities with Tesla, Musk said. 

"At this point, Yasir is obviously backpedaling from what he told me, and Deepak and Sam, that they were committed to the transaction," Musk said in his testimony on Monday in the ongoing civil trial, in which Musk is facing investors' claims that he misled them about wanting to take Tesla private and having secured the funding to do so.

2 hours ago, China said:

Elon Musk accuses a major Saudi investor of 'ass-covering' in a trial over his 'funding secured' Tesla tweet

Elon Musk said he'd tweeted about planning to take Tesla private in part after assurances by a major Saudi Arabian investor, whom he accused of later "backpedaling" and "ass-covering" to slink out of an alleged agreement.

In an ongoing civil trial in San Francisco federal court, Musk continued to defend his 2018 tweet about having the "funding secured," for a Tesla transaction, saying that Yasir Al-Rumayyan, the governor of Saudi Arabia's Private Investment Fund, had "verbally" expressed support for the plan. 

Musk said that in a meeting in July 2018, Al-Rumayyan told him, then-Tesla chief financial officer Deepak Ahuja, and Musk's then chief-of-staff Sam Teller that the Saudi investors "were committed" to a plan they were discussing to take the carmaker private. 

He said that Al-Rumayyan told them that "they would do whatever it took to get it done," and that he'd been "unequivocal" about supporting the deal. Then in a conversation after Musk's tweet, Al-Rumayyan softened his stance to say that the Saudi PIF were interested in looking into possible investment opportunities with Tesla, Musk said. 

"At this point, Yasir is obviously backpedaling from what he told me, and Deepak and Sam, that they were committed to the transaction," Musk said in his testimony on Monday in the ongoing civil trial, in which Musk is facing investors' claims that he misled them about wanting to take Tesla private and having secured the funding to do so.

How ****ing stupid do you have to be to basically release a public statement about something as earth-shaking as taking a company like Tesla private, based solely on a vague verbal agreement? It still amazes me how dumb some smart people can be.

49 minutes ago, mistertim said:

How ****ing stupid do you have to be to basically release a public statement about something as earth-shaking as taking a company like Tesla private, based solely on a vague verbal agreement? It still amazes me how dumb some smart people can be.

that version of events didn’t happen. Elon tweeted it as a joke apparently unaware of the consequences. I do not believe he ever had a deal to take Tesla private.

The below is from the article, Musk is directly contradicting written documents with his testimony. I guess Musk is unfamiliar with due diligence when investing in companies and can't wrap his head around someone not just throwing money at it. 

Those text messages between Musk and the investor were revealed last year as a part of the pretrial discovery process. In them, the Tesla CEO accused Al-Rumayyan of throwing him "under the bus." At the time, the texts show Al-Rumayyan said PIF couldn't commit to a project "that we don't have sufficient information on."

Some of you scoffed at the notion when I first suggested it a while ago - but do you see how musk is just like trump?

Do you see how musk fanboys are just like Trumpers?

they live in their own reality. Facts don’t exist. And if you threaten them by challenging any of their numerous levels of bull****, they go ape **** on you. 

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

Given Musk's almost Trump-level inability to keep his foot out of his mouth I'd guess the answer is probably yes.

Well, I’m not sure about that. This is a civil case. The SEC investigated him and Tesla for criminal fraud/misleading investors/ect several years ago about the same thing and I have to assume he made the same assertions to them so if they could have proven he was lying then he would have faced perjury charges then.

Of course he wasn’t hated back then so maybe the hands of Justice were tied in his favor. 

6 minutes ago, Llevron said:

You sound like a conspiracy theorist 

You don’t think the people enforcing laws enforce them differently depending on the person?

Like for instance, Biden had classified documents in his house. No one cared about it until Trump was found to have classified documents in maralago….

Coincidence? I think not.

32 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Like for instance, Biden had classified documents in his house. No one cared about it until Trump was found to have classified documents in maralago….

Lol this is a bizarre way of wording this situation. 

including the requirement that we flip time lines around in order for it to even begin to possibly make sense. 

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, tshile said:

Lol this is a bizarre way of wording this situation. 

including the requirement that we flip time lines around in order for it to even begin to possibly make sense. 

What if what they told you about time is only what they want you to know about time

• Haha 3

44 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

You don’t think the people enforcing laws enforce them differently depending on the person?

You didn't say people enforcing laws enforce them differently depending on the person. That I would agree with. You said maybe since he wasn't hated its possible Justice was on his side. As if his popularity had something to do with it. That's conspiracy ****. Same line of thinking that gets one to 'Donald Trump is hated by the left and the elitists and that's why he has so many investigations against him'

He was still rich. Hated or not rich people get the most out of the justice system. We both know that's the only force at play there. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Llevron said:

You didn't say people enforcing laws enforce them differently depending on the person. That I would agree with. You said maybe since he wasn't hated its possible Justice was on his side. As if his popularity had something to do with it. That's conspiracy ****. Same line of thinking that gets one to 'Donald Trump is hated by the left and the elitists and that's why he has so many investigations against him'

If you done wrong you done wrong. It’s not defending anyone to recognize how the system works with the rich/powerful.

But Trump was a crook for years.  No one gave two ****s about his taxes or charity until he became president. 

Trump is hated by the left, and they have launched quite a few investigations against him. So that is true. But he is also guilty. That the part that the “conspiracy” theorists leave out. 

@tshile I seen you laugh at my question but I’m 100 percent not following you are sayin regarding timelines. They found out trump had classified documents, then as soon as that was becoming a thing they found out Biden had classified documents. Tit for tat.  No one cared whether or not Biden had them until there was a political motivation to care.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84
  • Confused 1