Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Unofficial "Elon Musk trying to "Save Everyone" from Themselves (except his Step-Sister)" Thread...

Renegade7

26 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

I hope Elon gets all that he deserves. that’s not meant to be a positive. I know a lot of people in a certain industry that refuse to work for him, even with more money paid for  their families. **** Elon and his dad’s mining operations and slavery that he he rode in on.

Leave the Boer Bad Boy alone.

• Haha 1

Just now, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

The warm act thing is interesting, none of the main news sites mention anything about it in correlation to twitters announcement of layoffs.  

I thought maybe the people getting layed off work outside of california but it appears several states have enacted the WARN act…

Companies usually get around the advance notice by paying 60 days salary from layoff notice date. We'll see if Elon is too cheap to do that (I suspect he is). 

• Thumb up 1

Between the workforce being gutted without any real thought given to the impact, the pay for blue check mark scheme*, the impending release of banned users, etc, I think we’re all going to witness a STUNNING transformation of the platform into an unusable pile of garbage. In like.. a couple weeks. 

*note I didn’t say verification. The actual new scheme is to turn the check mark into a feature of the paid twitter blue. No actual verification will take place. Anyone will be able to spin up an account, under any name, and pay for the check mark. Think of the implications.

• Thumb up 1

This is what happens when you way overpay for something that doesn’t make money

hes desperate to do something to make his idiotic decision hurt less. Damage control. 

and he’s likely the worst type of person for it. He’s bound to make it worse.  He appears to be on the cusp of ruining the asset entirely, and losing big law suites over how he fired people. 

it’s going to be great to watch. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 4

I have been around the Internet since the start.  Probably mentioned it here before, but Twitter sucks because they force you to register to read tweets.  That's not "the Internet".   It's an Internet Billboard aggregator and its annoying I can't browse without an account.  

• Thanks 2

Just now, Fergasun said:

I have been around the Internet since the start.  Probably mentioned it here before, but Twitter sucks because they force you to register to read tweets.  That's not "the Internet".   It's an Internet Billboard aggregator and its annoying I can't browse without an account.  

No they don't. 

People can make their accounts private, but 99.99% of all tweets are open to read without an account. You just have to go to their profile page. 

8 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

No they don't. 

People can make their accounts private, but 99.99% of all tweets are open to read without an account. You just have to go to their profile page. 

You can read a certain amount and then it prompts you to create an account. Once you get the prompt you can’t scroll any further. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

What product is going to take Twitter’s place? Because it’s hard to imagine them retaining or attracting a competent workforce with this kind of behavior. Twitter tech will age very, very quickly.

I think this helps Facebook and the company their parent owns, Instagram. 

48 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I think this helps Facebook and the company their parent owns, Instagram. 

I find both of them unusable for text content. They are so structured around images and short videos. They seem to be more focussed on competing with TikTok

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Heisenberg said:

🤣 isn’t Twitter a global platform? Why is he talking like it’s just because of people being upset in America?

I would imagine American advertisers make up >50 perecent of the total revenue of Twitter.

I think what will happen is that he will default on the interest payments, the banks will take his share of the company, and resell to someone else. Probably by

the end of 2023.

3 hours ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Watching cowgirl complain about “narratives” is really something.

Those narratives don’t make any sense. If your company culture was destroyed in 4 days it wasn’t that great to begin with and most tech companies are laying off people. Those are the facts.

I disagree with Elon that this is all other peoples fault though. He handled everything pretty poorly and is surprised it blew up in his face. I don’t think anyone but him is to blame for advertisers leaving, and I don’t think it’s unfair, and think it is an expression of speech. But no need to post bull**** to support the argument, I think.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84