Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Unofficial "Elon Musk trying to "Save Everyone" from Themselves (except his Step-Sister)" Thread...

Renegade7

1 hour ago, CobraCommander said:

I see them all Over the place but I think I’m looking for them. Just saw my first Rivian the other day that surprised me. I’ve seen a few Polestars(volvo) and quite a few Hyundai Ionique, VW id4, Mustang Mach Es and Nissan leafs. Even a couple Porsche. Now the majority of plug in EVs I see are Tesla but I think eventually we will see just as many of those as other manufacturers. I’m holding out for an ID Buzz. 

Do you live in california?

8 hours ago, Hersh said:

One of the dumbest things to come out of this ****ing mess by Elon is people hating on Tesla and wanting it to fail. We would not be moving toward more all-electric EVs without Tesla and they are a great American company, even if Elon is a ****ing **** head. 

I think you can absolutely cringe at Musk and still support the idea of electric cars. And I think it’s going to be interesting how they evolve with growing competition. Their current models aren’t exactly exciting in 2022. I wonder how long it’ll be before we see a power struggle at Tesla for control if Musk continues this kind of behavior. But I don’t know. Maybe he’s got an iron grip on em. 

5 hours ago, Fergasun said:

I am surprised at how far behind in EV the traditional automakers are. I always assumed their EVs were just around the corner...

I think a traditional car company has to weigh how much they would need to produce to be worth the investment while also not cannibalizing their existing lines. I think that’s why the Plug in Hybrids are a bridge for many as a compromise and then build a market for them. 

1 hour ago, CobraCommander said:

I bought a new car in 2018 for 21k. It’s nothing fancy but has everything I wanted in a car. Wagon, all wheel drive, turbo charged 4 cylinder that will get me up to 34mpg on the highway. 

#wagongang - Outback? VW? 

36 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Do you live in california?

DC. And yes it was a Rivian and it was parked outside eastern market. I know cars.

17 minutes ago, TheDoyler23 said:

I think you can absolutely cringe at Musk and still support the idea of electric cars. And I think it’s going to be interesting how they evolve with growing competition. Their current models aren’t exactly exciting in 2022. I wonder how long it’ll be before we see a power struggle at Tesla for control if Musk continues this kind of behavior. But I don’t know. Maybe he’s got an iron grip on em. 

I think a traditional car company has to weigh how much they would need to produce to be worth the investment while also not cannibalizing their existing lines. I think that’s why the Plug in Hybrids are a bridge for many as a compromise and then build a market for them. 

#wagongang - Outback? VW? 

Vw.

D30F331B-4084-4227-8FCD-0915568899B7.jpeg

25 minutes ago, TheDoyler23 said:

I think you can absolutely cringe at Musk and still support the idea of electric cars. And I think it’s going to be interesting how they evolve with growing competition. Their current models aren’t exactly exciting in 2022.

Tesla cars have someone of the best range/cost ratios out available. They are sold out 6mo+. Tesla margins are much much higher than traditional automobile manufacturers.

I’d say business is good. There still isn’t real competition, but it is coming. For 5 years now…

Rivians trucks look interesting but with ford and others dumping their investments at a loss you have to wonder what is going on and if they can be viable.

4 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Come on, Elon!

when someone signs an NDA they are speaking freely. They are saying the money is worth more than their word.

49 minutes ago, TheDoyler23 said:

I think you can absolutely cringe at Musk and still support the idea of electric cars. And I think it’s going to be interesting how they evolve with growing competition. Their current models aren’t exactly exciting in 2022. I wonder how long it’ll be before we see a power struggle at Tesla for control if Musk continues this kind of behavior. But I don’t know. Maybe he’s got an iron grip on em

for sure and Ive been complaining here about Elon being a PoS, but people are cheering the decline stock price and wanting Musk to go broke. It’s dumb. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

when someone signs an NDA they are speaking freely. They are saying the money is worth more than their word.

I'm sorry, but nothing about buying someone's silence says free speech absolutist to me (which is what Musk wants to portray himself as, but only when it's not about him, his past indiscretions, or anything negative about Tesla,  SpaceX, etc.). 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I'm sorry, but nothing about buying someone's silence says free speech absolutist to me (which is what Musk wants to portray himself as, but only when it's not about him, his past indiscretions, or anything negative about Tesla,  SpaceX, etc.). 

They received payment and they chose to accept it on there own accord. How is that not free speech? Free speech includes choosing not to speak. When you sign an NDA in exchange for money you are choosing not to speak. 

i don’t think that Musk is a free speech absolutist but I also don’t think releasing people from NDAs is relevant to free speech 

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

Just now, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

They received payment and they chose to accept it on there own accord. How is that not free speech? Free speech includes choosing to to speak. When you sign an NDA in exchange for money you are choosing not to speak. 

Who the **** is talking about them? I'm talking about Musk, the so called free speech absolutist, buying silence.

3 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Who the **** is talking about them? I'm talking about Musk, the so called free speech absolutist, buying silence.

You are implying that their speech is being restricted by musk. But I don’t think so.

he is offering them something and they are choosing to take it. Free speech on both sides. Musk is speaking with money and they are speeking by agreement to accept money. Releasing people from NDAs isn’t pro free speech.

7 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

You are implying that their speech is being restricted by musk. But I don’t think so.

Then how is Twitter silencing speech if people choose to agree to their terms of service? His free speech absolutism seems to change depending on if he agrees with the speech.

17 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Then how is Twitter silencing speech if people choose to agree to their terms of service? His free speech absolutism seems to change depending on if he agrees with the speech.

I don’t think they are. That is how most people operate. 

I wasn’t (and never had said he was) saying he was a free speech absolutionist (which is a stupid thing to be quite frankly) just that acting like NDAs are some sort of gotcha is stupid and irrelevant. 

5 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

Too hilarious not to share. I found it in a tweet response.

98C1BCE0-BFCC-483C-B7CA-6BAF32EA9560.png

Wish I had the time to make a photoshop like you office bammas do.  Circle jerk, ring around the rosey, ain't changing a damn thing with your discretions with your agreeable counterparts.  Easy thinking.

Not changing a damn thing though.

What kind of help have you all provided through your posts here?  Answer that.

Can't.

Will say I'm off my rocker, this that and the other.

You > Musk, apparently.