Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wentz Traded to Washington for 2 3rd Rounders per Bleacher Report

Reaper Skins

6 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

"Sometimes you can't explain everything" = I still have to work here in the same building as Jim.

Yeah he basically said "Our owner is a ****ing moron" in that interview without actually saying it. His days may be numbered anyway and he probably knows it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MrJL said:

and we had four one score losses so with a few different bounces we could have gone to the playoffs

As is the case, most every season, by most every team in the entire league, which is why I qualified my statement that I'm aware of the parity in the league, that most games are close.

Not all wins and losses, or even seasons...are created equal.  I do believe this team should win more games next season than they did the last, based solely on the upgrade at QB.  I just find it hard to get carried away with season to season results as there are so many different variables that come into play.

• Like 1

On 3/27/2022 at 12:04 PM, Koolblue13 said:

We were a playoff team, fighting for the division, before Heinicke decided to put the season on his shoulders and drown like puppy chained to a cinderblock. 

We are at least a 10 win team this season with our schedule and Wentz.

Talk about a selective memory, he had us right there with only NFC east games left and the team got hit with the COVID bug. Yea his fault a QB starting after being here 3 days, playing without his starting TE, no 2nd WR, no JDMckiss, on his fourth center, and a rb that fumbles every 2.5 games, both DE out....but yea it was TH that kept us out of the playoffs.

But yes Wentz has more physical talent.

Edited by TChaler70
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

Jim Irsay happened. That dude wouldn't know a high road if it punched him in the balls. Snyder is a narcissistic buffoon but at least we're lucky enough that he's a semi-recluse so we don't have to hear him shoot his **** cannon off every day.

• Haha 7
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

The Colts are heading towards being irrelevant again. Something they were before Manning. They did little after moving to Indy. Think the only real good year was when Harbaugh took them to I think AFC championship game vs Steelers.

Yeah I wonder how much impact having gone for a long time with top QBs has on an organization. I have a feeling the Packers are also going to be in for a rude awakening once Rodgers retires, unless they get super lucky and land another elite QB. They've literally had a HoF QB for 30 years now.

Looks like the shield got to Mr Cowherd. He was all abotu this trade when it happened. Now Irsay the drug addict comes out running his ignorant mouth and he is changing his tune. 

Carson may not work out here but it's not as much a foregone conclusion as they make it out to be. When a relationship does not work out, both sides have some responsibility. 

56 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Yeah I wonder how much impact having gone for a long time with top QBs has on an organization. I have a feeling the Packers are also going to be in for a rude awakening once Rodgers retires, unless they get super lucky and land another elite QB. They've literally had a HoF QB for 30 years now.

Yep. Packers are toast after Aaron and they can’t even groom someone to take over when he’s done. Love isn’t the guy.

Frankly, they should’ve let him walk. Take the pain this year and be in position to draft a top qb in 23.

Colts are just trying the extend things. It’s over, take the pain year and start over.

This random guy, Christopher Moffatt, on twitter comes as close as anyone, I think, to the real reason Irsay soured on Wentz and irrevocably demanded that he be removed from his  team.

This is so damn short sighted by Irsay.

The 2021 season is essentially sunk cost. The covid rules going forward are far more liberal and forgiving for unvaccinated players. This situation will not happen again. 

Mandating Wentz's trade or release was an impetuous move and poor business decision. It would have been even worse had Matt Ryan not become unexpectedly available.

Hopefully, the Commanders reap the benefit of Irsay's blunder.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1

On 3/30/2022 at 8:26 PM, 88Comrade2000 said:

Yep. Packers are toast after Aaron and they can’t even groom someone to take over when he’s done. Love isn’t the guy.

Frankly, they should’ve let him walk. Take the pain this year and be in position to draft a top qb in 23.

Colts are just trying the extend things. It’s over, take the pain year and start over.

You know i have been thinking abotu this it terms of Andrew Luck. So many people say tthe Colts did a Suck for Luck thing. It's not who Irsay is. He is too arrogant to tank. This proves it. If he were that clever (if you want to call it that), then why not jsut run with Carson to start, find some reason to bench him early so you lose out and get the QB you want in next years draft? 

Carson fell apart the last game, fair enough. But I believe the Jags have beaten the Colts in Jacksonville 6 yrs in a row. Last year may have been more in his face but facts are the Colts have lost to the Jags on the roads for 6 yrs. And the Colts are now on thier 6th QB is 6 yrs. But yea its all Carson's fault.  

I have no idea how Carson will be here. He is not my favorite but I think we should at least give him and the coaches a chance. This is really a low risk high reward proposition. And honestly if most any other team but Wash. had done this they would be saying how smart a move it is. How they only gave up a few mid-round draft picks for legitimate starter and were not left with nothing going into a poor QB draft, And if does not work out they have an easy off ramp after one year that gets them to next years draft which has more depth in term of potential starting QBs. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Dan is a bad owner. 

All owners are heavily involved in anything related to the starting QB—It directly impacts the bottom line and wins/losses. 

Yep.

It was Robert Kraft that basically mandated Garopollo be traded from New England. It was NOT a Bellicheck decision. But people forget about that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

This random guy, Christopher Moffatt, on twitter comes as close as anyone, I think, to the real reason Irsay soured on Wentz and irrevocably demanded that he be removed from his  team.

This is so damn short sighted by Irsay.

The 2021 season is essentially sunk cost. The covid rules going forward are far more liberal and forgiving for unvaccinated players. This situation will not happen again. 

Mandating Wentz's trade or release was an impetuous move and poor business decision. It would have been even worse had Matt Ryan not become unexpectedly available.

Hopefully, the Commanders reap the benefit of Irsay's blunder.

Ihrsay is an asshole who benefitted from having Peyton Manning and then being so god awful that they backed their way into Andrew Luck. 

• Like 1