Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wentz Traded to Washington for 2 3rd Rounders per Bleacher Report

Reaper Skins

13 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I got 93'd 5 times for my religious freak comments. Maybe I'm wrong about his excuses for why he'll suck and feel justified for it.

I don't know what that means, I just imagine Phillip Daniels tackling you five times and saying "GOD LOVES YOU" each time as he extends his hand to help you up, then yanks it back and says, "BUT I DON'T!"

• Haha 8

On 3/11/2022 at 8:02 PM, CjSuAvE22 said:

there are red flags for tons of players...all the time, Bucs took a chance on Antonio Brown.........oh and won a super bowl....you have to take a CHANCE to WIN. 

I just can't get past the fact that two teams turned their back on the guy.  Yet he supposed to come here and Scott Turner and Zamese are going to get this guy right? I just don't understand why anyone can defend that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alexa said:

I just can't get past the fact that two teams turned their back on the guy.  Yet he supposed to come here and Scott Turner and Zamese are going to get this guy right? I just don't understand why anyone can defend that. 

Wentz basically forced his way out of Philly from what I understand. The Colts situation is sus, the owner wanted him gone because a poor finish and other outside factors I'm not getting into. 

At the end of the day Wentz is the best QB we've had since Cousins. If you can't get past the fact it's his third team in 3 years hold off and wait till games start to make your mind up if it was a good decision.

4 minutes ago, OMacAttack said:

Wentz basically forced his way out of Philly from what I understand. The Colts situation is sus, the owner wanted him gone because a poor finish and other outside factors I'm not getting into. 

At the end of the day Wentz is the best QB we've had since Cousins. If you can't get past the fact it's his third team in 3 years hold off and wait till games start to make your mind up if it was a good decision.

I don't know about him forcing himself out of Philly, doesn't sound like they were holding on too tight.

1 minute ago, NewCliche21 said:

I don't know about him forcing himself out of Philly, doesn't sound like they were holding on too tight.

Fair, mutually got out of Philly is probably more accurate. Between Foles being celebrated and Hurts being picked he felt overlooked and ready to leave.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Alexa said:

I'm with ya. The positive spin is that Wentz should realize this is his final shot and should be hungry to prove himself. The downside is that he got outplayed by a much less talented Foles in Philly and probably a less talented Foles. In Indy, they were willing to trade him with no replacement in sight for nothing.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Alexa said:

It would probably help not to make up stuff in your own head such as “for every teammate that likes Wentz, there are two who don’t”.

It’s been at least 3 days now and you’ve still yet to provide any proof of such claims.  It’s okay to admit you were a sucker for Irsaygate.

From everything I’ve absorbed, it doesn’t appear that Reich or even Ballard for that matter wanted to move on from Wentz.  I’ve seen nothing but well wishes from his teammates there since the trade was announced as well.

It’s pretty clear at this point that this was an Irsay move as he was pissed off that Wentz wouldn’t get vaxxed, caught Covid during the vital part of the season, and it negatively impacted the team as they missed the playoffs.  Apparently there was no salvaging that relationship.  It was clearly a personal and emotional move by the owner that Ballard, Reich and his former teammates now have to deal with.  

As for what happened in Philly, there are different versions of the fallout there.  It definitely sounds like Wentz was bitter that he was having himself a season, got injured, the team won the Super Bowl and appeared to have forgotten all about him.  I’m not defending his attitude about that, he probably could have done a better job concealing it - but make no mistake about it, any other player in his situation would also be bitter about it. They probably would have just pretended they weren’t a bit better than Wentz did.

• Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I'm with ya. The positive spin is that Wentz should realize this is his final shot and should be hungry to prove himself. The downside is that he got outplayed by a much less talented Foles in Philly and probably a less talented Foles. In Indy, they were willing to trade him with no replacement in sight for nothing.

He wasn't outplayed by Foles. Wentz was putting up an MVP caliber season in 2017 before he got hurt and then Foles went on that magical run.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It would probably help not to make up stuff in your own head such as “for every teammate that likes Wentz, there are two who don’t”.

It’s been at least 3 days now and you’ve still yet to provide any proof of such claims.  It’s okay to admit you were a sucker for Irsaygate.

From everything I’ve absorbed, it doesn’t appear that Reich or even Ballard for that matter wanted to move on from Wentz.  I’ve seen nothing but well wishes from his teammates there since the trade was announced as well.

It’s pretty clear at this point that this was an Irsay move as he was pissed off that Wentz wouldn’t get vaxxed, caught Covid during the vital part of the season, and it negatively impacted the team as they missed the playoffs.  Apparently there was no salvaging that relationship.  It was clearly a personal and emotional move by the owner that Ballard, Reich and his former teammates now have to deal with.  

As for what happened in Philly, there are different versions of the fallout there.  It definitely sounds like Wentz was bitter that he was having himself a season, got injured, the team won the Super Bowl and appeared to have forgotten all about him.  I’m not defending his attitude about that, he probably could have done a better job concealing it - but make no mistake about it, any other player in his situation would also be bitter about it. They probably would have just pretended they weren’t a bit better than Wentz did.

The positive spin on it, is that Wentz definitely has a chip on his shoulder about his Philly situation. He now faces them twice a year, let him take out his frustration from that situation on his former team and go hog wild. I'm for that.

• Like 2

Peter Shrags this morning on NFLN said at the Combine and talking to people you could just tell something was gonna be done with Wentz because the owner couldn't get past the Jags game.  Was not the feeling of other Colts brass but they had to fall in line.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

13 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'm thinking of moving now that I don't have all the dogs. I want to go hard as a chef again and atlanta is big for what I do. I'll be there in may.

Let us know where you land!  @skinsmarydu and i try to watch the games somewhere. We had a great place but they ruined it. In search of a new place! But we will find it. 

Anyway, welcome to Atlanta! 

30 minutes ago, Alexa said:

I would say mismanaged Wentz more than turning their backs on him. Egos can play super hyper roles in these types of situations. 

22 hours ago, TK said:

Gentlemen, & I use that term loosely... :) 

Some of you may want to go take a refresher on this:

As @Jumbo will eventually show up & smack you upside the head. :chair:

My advice would be to go edit your religious comments out before he sees this. 

amazing some ignored this too :) ...i actually was on and saw it going down 'live' but wanted to take a self-care day -_- so i was all 

giphy.gif

• Haha 9

1 hour ago, Alexa said:

It is fair to say that eagles dumped him due to his poor performance and large contract. 

However, what Colts have done is totally bizarre.  Colts started the year with 0-3 when Wentz had no preseason and injured.  When Wentz finally settled down, they had a run of 9-3 with two losses being OT and another loss to Brady/Bucs.  Then, Wentz got COVID and Colts lost last two games.  If you look objectively, Wentz had a pretty decent year and any reasonable GM/Coach would not have gotten rid of him.   Of course, when Isray hates you, you are gone no matter what.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, NewCliche21 said:

I don't know what that means, I just imagine Phillip Daniels tackling you five times and saying "GOD LOVES YOU" each time as he extends his hand to help you up, then yanks it back and says, "BUT I DON'T!"

This reminds of something I saw on a video where players were talking about Reggie White. One guy said "Reggie would sack you, look down and say 'You ok? Good, God bless you', then he'd come back and bless you again on the next play"

:ols: 

• Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1

Wow. 3 1sts, 2 2nds and Zach Wilson sounds pretty attractive unless they really don't like Wilson and don't think he has a shot at becoming an upper echelon QB. 

Though it's also completely possible that Watson doesn't have them on his list so that made the entire thing moot.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

"It’s been at least 3 days now and you’ve still yet to provide any proof of such claims."

BFS it would be a hoot if you actually kept an accurate count on the number of days and every few weeks randomly responded to one of his comments by saying:

"It's been at least 103 (or however many) days now and you've still yet to provide any proof of such claims. I will not stand for this. I demand satisfaction, sir!"

Then leave the thread and hit him again with the same spiel randomly say 13 or 41 days later or just long enough that it seems you've forgotten about it.

😂

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Haha 2

Just now, CommanderInTheRye said:

"It’s been at least 3 days now and you’ve still yet to provide any proof of such claims."

BFS it would be a hoot if you actually kept an accurate count on the number of days and every few weeks randomly responded to one of his comments by saying:

"It's been at least 103 (or however many) days now and you've still yet to provide any proof of such claims. I will not stand for this. I demand satisfaction, sir!"

Then leave the thread and hit him again with the same spiel randomly say 23 or 41 days later or just long enough that it seems you've forgotten about it.

😂

I just have zero tolerance for folks that just randomly pop in throwing hyperbole haymakers with zero substance.  

• Like 2