Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wentz Traded to Washington for 2 3rd Rounders per Bleacher Report

Reaper Skins

5 hours ago, Llevron said:

Big question for me now is if we are going to be able to keep the Oline together. If that takes a major step back it will be really disappointing. 

Maybe OL in 1st or 2nd.

Good thing about having Wentz is now we can let the draft come to us....hopefully with a mlber. 

Remember the posse.

Carson Wentz heh meh not thrilled mostly because he seems like an asshole teammate.

I think we got burned drafting need last year and will go BPA with our first rounder. Which of course is destined to be a DL/Edge

Edited by RandyHolt

I don't hate Wentz as a player, but I still hate the trade. Poor value. In a QB desperate league, two fairly well run organizations (Philly, Indi) ran Wentz out of town in the last two years. Neither has a viable back-up plan (and no Jalen Hurts does not count). That speaks volumes. After Stafford was traded last years, desperation set in and the Colts threw picks at Philly for Wentz and the Panthers did the same to get Darnold. Both were terrible trades for the teams getting the QBs. Somehow Washington has repeated the move a year later after Wilson went off the board. Nothing was learned was it? I'm just shocked this organization didn't somehow trade for Sam Darnold instead.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jericho said:

I don't hate Wentz as a player, but I still hate the trade. Poor value. In a QB desperate league, two fairly well run organizations (Philly, Indi) ran Wentz out of town in the last two years. Neither has a viable back-up plan (and no Jalen Hurts does not count). That speaks volumes. After Stafford was traded last years, desperation set in and the Colts threw picks at Philly for Wentz and the Panthers did the same to get Darnold. Both were terrible trades for the teams getting the QBs. Somehow Washington has repeated the move a year later after Wilson went off the board. Nothing was learned was it? I'm just shocked this organization didn't somehow trade for Sam Darnold instead.

Wentz got along great with his teammates. He was the top ranked QB for most of the season. Colts are out a 1rst and a starter because of their owner forcing this to happen. His teammates have publicly stated their frustration with him leaving. Two offensive linemen refused to resign and their long time TE retired. They were the team nobody wanted to face for the majority of the year until he got covid and couldn't practice, then lost to the Raiders on their way to the playoffs and the Jags where the Colts haven't won since 2014 and their entire team, defense and all **** the bed. Don't believe the Snyder Allen style slandering the Colts are doing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb down 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I've got to say, its pretty weird that w'eve figured out the narrative behind the Colts and Irsay. There are countless pundits on sports tv still pushing the " Wentz was a cancer" in Indy and I just don't see. The smear campaign against Wentz has actually brought me around him a bit...still need more time to process this whole thing, though.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Simmsy said:

I've got to say, its pretty weird that w'eve figured out the narrative behind the Colts and Irsay. There are countless pundits on sports tv still pushing the " Wentz was a cancer" in Indy and I just don't see. The smear campaign against Wentz has actually brought me around him a bit...still need more time to process this whole thing, though.

I’m sure Wentz isn’t a straight forward character, there must be something based on the varying narratives, but the Colts situation is clearly a major contributing factor.

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

Wentz got along great with his teammates. He was the top ranked QB for most of the season. Colts are out a 1rst and a starter because of their owner forcing this to happen. His teammates have publicly stated their frustration with him leaving. Two offensive linemen refused to resign and their long time TE retired. They were the team nobody wanted to face for the majority of the year until he got covid and couldn't practice, then lost to the Raiders on their way to the playoffs and the Jags where the Colts haven't won since 2014 and their entire team, defense and all **** the bed. Don't believe the Snyder Allen style slandering the Colts are doing.

Im thinking Wentz has to be pretty happy to get out of Indy. This off season had to have been a bit rough listening to how much the ownership/coaches don't care for him. Don't know if Washington would have been his first choice, but I think he will come here with a point to prove.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

Im thinking Wentz has to be pretty happy to get out of Indy. This off season had to have been a bit rough listening to how much the ownership/coaches don't care for him. Don't know if Washington would have been his first choice, but I think he will come here with a point to prove.

The Colts are done for a while I think. After next year, there will probably be a FO/HC change and more players will leave.

12 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

Considering everyone would be elated with competent QB play, the pressure here is no where near what it is in Indy.

• Like 1

There are still some pundits on tv saying that we should've waited until he was released, that wouldn't work. They're saying we should've waited for Watson, as if he would definitely come to DC. I don't think this was a desperation move, I really think that the Colts slipped up, Washington couldn't believe it and jumped on it while they could.

I had a drunk roommate who was going to give me a 32 inch tv he didn't use. I didn't want him to reneg later, so I made him take $20 instead of nothing, he could still back out, but would be less likely. Looking at this whole thing, it seems like a lot of the negatives of getting Wentz are false or hyperbole. I'm in a wait in see mode at the moment.

• Like 3

I did not read through the entire 21 pages so all of this may have been brought up before.

One, is Indy covering any of his salary or are we eating the entire thing?

Two, I read Philly boards occasionally.  The one story that bothered me (in between them making fun of us) is that supposedly when Philly was making their Super Bowl run, Wentz was in the locker room ****ing about the teams success with Nick Foles leading them instead of him.  That it led to a near fistfight involving him and another teammate and everyone had to be separated.  Hopefully not true, but I wonder if some of the bad teammate reputation stems from stuff like that.

16 hours ago, CapsSkins said:

Another point: Wentz's deep ball ability means opposing defenses won't be able to stack the box every play, which means Antonio Gibson won't take as much abuse. This is a great deal for AG's longevity and productivity.

Yep, and between the two of them we will have on average 2 fumbles per game!

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

You sound like a Wentz apologist. Way too many red flags w/ him and where there is smoke we all know there is fire. The Indy situation just verifies the Philly situation. The GM also did not want the guy and Frank Reich was pretty lukewarm on his comments about Wentz. But going back to Philly they drafted Hurts in the 2nd round a couple years ago. What does that say? That says that the Eagles did not believe in him at all. Eventually he was benched for terrible play and then traded. The Eagles picked Hurts over Wentz. If that isn't a red flag then idk what is. 

For every teammate that likes him there are two that don't. He isn't a good QB anymore. Yes he is an upgrade over Taylor but that really isn't saying a lot. A year from now we will be where the Colts are now. 

2 minutes ago, Alexa said:

You sound like a Wentz apologist. Way too many red flags w/ him and where there is smoke we all know there is fire. The Indy situation just verifies the Philly situation. The GM also did not want the guy and Frank Reich was pretty lukewarm on his comments about Wentz. But going back to Philly they drafted Hurts in the 2nd round a couple years ago. What does that say? That says that the Eagles did not believe in him at all. Eventually he was benched for terrible play and then traded. The Eagles picked Hurts over Wentz. If that isn't a red flag then idk what is. 

For every teammate that likes him there are two that don't. He isn't a good QB anymore. Yes he is an upgrade over Taylor but that really isn't saying a lot. A year from now we will be where the Colts are now. 

That's a take alright. I wouldn't call myself an apologist. I am just listening to all sides and forming an opinion, while being excited that we have a real QB with a ton of upside, instead of listening to the media driven rhetoric and forming a one sided opinion based on years of being jaded. I'm hopeful and happy we have a top half QB and think we have a very good team and coaches. I'm excited about what we can do. The Colts are a garbage team with a worse owner than we have and are running an obvious smear campaign to save face.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Jabbyrwock said:

That's a lot of ginger bread.

I'll say it once. Expecting wentz to go into the season with a 28 mil cap hit is not only short sighted, it's stupid. A lot of casual fans have no idea how the cap works. They can convert 19 million of his salary to a signing bonus, saving us around 13 million in cap space, and they don't even have to ask Carson to do that.

A 15 million cap hit puts him about 19th in the league vs. other QB cap hits. (source: https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/cap-hit/quarterback/). That is NOT bad at all, and what I call a good deal.

Edited by ZarG3
  • Like 2

I don't trust the leaks coming out of Philadelphia about Wentz.  IMO, they leaked that "bad character" stuff to justify getting rid of him to keep Hurts.  They lucked into the playoffs last season.  Ditto with the leaks coming out of Indy.