Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Russian Invasion of Ukraine

PleaseBlitz

3 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Red lines my ass. We aren’t going to do ****.

I believe that was the point. 

Obviously declaring a red line means you’re too chicken **** to do anything if it’s actually crossed. 

we should probably stop declaring red lines. 

40 minutes ago, visionary said:

When you negotiate with terrorists, you enable terrorism. You’ve proven it is an effective tool.

I hope the next time her and her loved ones are the victims of violent crime, the police refuse and instruct her to practice diplomacy.

Edited by Die Hard
  • Thanks 1

It's never been about NATO expansion, it's always been about the 9 gaps.  NATO expansion just keeps them from some of those gaps and it makes them mad, but free peoples in those places were keeping them from the gaps anyway too, soo......

Re: Chemical weapons, let's wait and see, no jumping to conclusions.

3 people with no disastrous consequences for their health isn't great but might also not be a full on chemical attack.  Remember, these guys are holed up in a steel mill so lots of chemicals and stuff that isn't fun to be near when burning lying around.  We need more information to know what's actually going on.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, visionary said:

What they seem to not get is that sometimes the best diplomacy is to strike hard and fast so that you show others shouldn't mess with ya and do what they're told.

Besides thousands years of history and whatsoever that goes with it, the only thing that has been common in all our history is that brute force is the most powerful diplomatic tool ever existed.

Our leaders aren't getting right now that Putin is doing Diplomacy using brute force, war crimes and whatsoever and won't negotiate a thing until he freaking get what he wants on the field. Then we'll be able to talk.

Want him to come back to the diplomatic table fast?

Send troops and such, blast his army, then have Biden give him a phone call and say: "Hey Vlad! How you going buddy? I just heard you army got badly crushed in Ukraine.That's sad, really, maybe you wanna meet and talk about it right?"

50 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

It's never been about NATO expansion, it's always been about the 9 gaps.  NATO expansion just keeps them from some of those gaps and it makes them mad, but free peoples in those places were keeping them from the gaps anyway too, soo......

NATO expansion is one hell of a poor excuse from both sides.

At least Borrell noticed that Russians are trying their best to destroy Ukraine's agriculture and are doing whatever they can to starve the whole world.

Good thread.

This one is important to remember:

Now certainly, chemical weapons is still a possibility of what it was.  Also even if they didn't use chemical weapons it doesn't mean they won't.  But I am uncertain the dam has broken just yet.

Luka really enjoying being Putin's favorite (only) pet.  He can even joke about how he might've been shot into space forever now and get away with it.

• Thanks 1

At some point, there is no winning.  Either you tell the emperor he has no clothes and deal with his wrath for calling his birthday suit gross/improper or you deal with his wrath when he walks out naked and realizes you could/should have saved him extreme shame.   

Maybe he will have a Trump like effect on their civil service work force morale.

6 hours ago, EmirOfShmo said:

Considering their logistical issues, Russia moving forces, donating manpower and resources to shake their fist at the sky of other nations is not only a boon for Ukraine, but probably another tactical misfire by Russia's brass.

I don't know anyone who can look at this situation and think spreading your military operating sphere is advantageous to russia. It does not take money and resources to send verbal threats, but moving assets to the finnish boarder feels monumentally stupid when your already struggling.

Edited by FootballZombie
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

I kinda feel bad for Peskov.  Just a little, but indeed a little bit.

Like he has to interact with Western media who love showing him that the Kremlin line is wrong, so he knows he's being sent out to tow a line of crap, but he has no choice.

Someone REALLLLLLLLY needs to sit Russia down and politely tell them it's time to bury Catherine the Great.

Like I get it.  The insecurity of being on the largest part of the Great European Plain is ingrained in your DNA, as every nation around you has taken a whack at you at someone point.

But we are in the 21st century.  Land invasions of nations, esp nuclear armed nations, is a thing of the past.  You do not need 200,000 troops in each of the 9 gaps to be secure any more.  No one wants to steal your land and your insecurity in that regard just annoys everyone and drives them away from you.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1