Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Russian Invasion of Ukraine

PleaseBlitz

6 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

Visionary posted this on the last page about an hour ago 🙂

Yeah but that was probably the Twitter version and this appears to be the reddit version of the tweet. (I never understood why this board became so much about reposting tweets. Can't people go to Twitter for that?)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Redskins Diehard said:

Yeah but that was probably the Twitter version and this appears to be the reddit version of the tweet. (I never understood why this board became so much about reposting tweets. Can't people go to Twitter for that?)

You know.... one of the most drawing features of ES at the very beginning.... was when I started the first Redskins newsfeed (which transitioned to the current News Forum). I went to every website.... and reposted links on ES from ALL the major news sites (sports section). It was a one-stop shop..... for ALL Skins news. That's convenience.

Now, in this thread alone... we have a dozen members posting information from ALL over the internet. They're doing all the work for us... so we have to click on 1 thread. And not search through hundreds of sources and thousands of threads to parse out relevant information.

Especially since people like me.... are not on any social media platform.

So I guess I'm just appreciative that we have a community here that does all the tedious work for members...... voluntarily. Thank you.

Edited by Die Hard
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

You know.... one of the most drawing features of ES at the very beginning.... was when I started the first Redskins newsfeed (which transitioned to the current News Forum). I went to every website.... and reposted links on ES from ALL the major news sites (sports section). It was a one-stop shop..... for ALL Skins news. That's convenience.

So I guess I'm just appreciative that we have a community here that does all the tedious work for members...... voluntary. Thank you.

To each their own. I'll just point out there's a difference between aggregating major news services and posting tweets that are not subjected to any editorial rigor or fact checking before they're launched out to the wild. 

Particularly with important topics that are playing out now we would be better served, in my opinion, if folks had a little deeper understanding of the issues at play. 

Or we can debate whether or not Steven Segal actually is fighting for Russian special forces 

10 minutes ago, Redskins Diehard said:

To each their own. I'll just point out there's a difference between aggregating major news services and posting tweets that are not subjected to any editorial rigor or fact checking before they're launched out to the wild. 

Particularly with important topics that are playing out now we would be better served, in my opinion, if folks had a little deeper understanding of the issues at play. 

Or we can debate whether or not Steven Segal actually is fighting for Russian special forces 

Isn't that the nature of this thread? This forum/community?

This forum is probably among the most strictest and regulated of its size on the internet.

Most of the posters here are trustworthy.... but no one is above scrutiny. That's why we all get to post replies. Everyone knows this is a semi-biased thread of sorts..... and people can formulate their own opinions.

Besides... what internet platform is subject to editorial rigor and fact checking to your standard? Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Reddit?

Edited by Die Hard
  • Like 6

The Ukrainian military seems to be saying the rockets came from the west from the autonomous part of Moldova.

(I thought it was Russian run, but I’m not sure.  It seems aligned other separatist states though).

Edited by visionary

31 minutes ago, Redskins Diehard said:

I'll just point out there's a difference between aggregating major news services and posting tweets that are not subjected to any editorial rigor or fact checking before they're launched out to the wild. 

630x355.jpg.d0877998094e09c3ea5403014c86fb6e.jpg

• Haha 4

I appreciate the news aggregation that people do in this thread.  And find the statement "why don't people just go to Twitter " followed by comments about the need for editorial vigor to be somewhat amusing. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Redskins Diehard said:

I for one do not have twitter nor do I want to. So, I greatly appreciate people like @visionary @China @Cooked Crack in The Tailgate and @Skinsinparadise and others in the Stadium and @Wildbunny on BHCBN that scour the internet for relevant information. Then I decide for myself what's important to me and can do more research on it. Those people help make this one of the best places to share information, not to take as absolute fact all the time but to judge for yourself. I have yet to see anyone post from the services and follow it with, you must believe all I post. They and others post as a service to people on the board who again like me do not have twitter or other sources or just to share information. It's the purpose of the board. 

That is coupled with one of the most actively moderated message boards I have seen. It would be a shame if either of those changed. 

Edited by goskins10
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

When are we’re goin to call what is happening in Ukraine,  the purposeful shelling of civilians who are just trying to escape, war crimes?

I believe it already is called like that.

Anyway, it's nothing new that Russians make little case of this during wars. Them bombing humanitarians corridors, civil buildings and blaming the other side is common practice for them.

We shouldn't act as surprised with these kind of news. They would nuke a town then blame westerns for doing it. That **** about rockets coming from West Moldova should give us an hint on where they'll go next. Especially with Transnistria already being theirs.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

I for one do not have twitter nor do I want to. So, I greatly appreciate people like @visionary @China @Cooked Crack in The Tailgate and @Skinsinparadise and others in the Stadium and @Wildbunny on BHCBN that scour the internet for relevant information. Then I decide for myself what's important to me and can do more research on it. Those people help make this one of the best places to share information, not to take as absolute fact all the time but to judge for yourself. I have yet to see anyone post from the services and follow it with, you must believe all I post. They and others post as a service to people on the board who again like me do not have twitter or other sources or just to share information. It's the purpose of the board. 

That is coupled with one of the most actively moderated message boards I have seen. It would be a shame if either of those changed. 

Hey, you forgot about me! I posted that story once about the Olive Garden that ran out of bread sticks. Where is my recognition?

Seriously though, I don't use twitter...except to dive a little deeper into the stories already posted on the board. And sometimes the comments on Twitter are fun too.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

20k people from the whole world. Lots being vets from different armies is a lot.

I'm not sure that would be enough to switch balance but I expect them to give Russians a tougher job.

20k fighters should be enough to cause some extra pain on the Russians.

20k veterans that can share their knowledge and training with those less experienced could be devastating on the Russians.

• Like 8
  • Thumb up 2