Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trucker Protests in Ottawa and Elsewhere

China

12 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

While you sit in your cubical or center room, making WAY too much money?

I sit at home with a huge office with big windows that look out over my property. A red tail hawk usually chills right at the edge of the woods so i watch it during calls

• Haha 5
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

How hard do you work?  How incredibly stressful is it?

Admittingly I know nothing about this s***.

It seems like a bunch of condescending, nobody asses making fun of hard mfs.  Are you somebody?  Do you post here then show your face and tell these dudes they are idiots?  To their faces?

No.

God damn typers.

AEE6D186-3199-40B0-9146-4CEBA4BBF3E2.gif

• Haha 4

14 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

While you sit in your cubical or center room, making WAY too much money?

LOL jokes on you.

I work in my basement.

Right next to my 4 arcade machines and 1 pinball machine.  

During my video calls people can see my projector hanging from my ceiling behind me and the 10 foot screen on the wall behind it.

What they can't see are all of the speakers that I have that rival movie theater sound systems, nor my A/V closet with all my equipment.  Oh and they can't tell that the seats behind me are power recliners.

I don't even make enough money to be able to get another pinball machine though so no way I make "WAY too much money".

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

It seems like a bunch of condescending, nobody asses making fun of hard mfs.  Are you somebody?  Do you post here then show your face and tell these dudes they are idiots?  To their faces?

No.

God damn typers.

“Putin is doing the right thing.”  At least I know what side you are on.

4 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

No.

God damn typers.

This whole post is class A bull****.

Hard mf'rs?  Do you actually know any truck drivers?  My sister is one, had a CDL for years, one of the biggest complaints her and others have (in the context that a majority of time getting paid is sitting down as well) is the amount of time they spend away from home and the pay not feeling worth it anymore.

The way I took her views on this is the mandates being a final straw for truck drivers, it's rare she had routes that she had to do the unloading herself, but she's lost count of the number of times she had to sit in her truck waiting to be told to do something specific and not paid for waiting.

Having said all that, you have a lot of nerve making the insinuation that because someone can sit down to do their job that it is not stressful. 

You have no idea, for example, what I or others went through with respect to log4j, establishing the seemingly ever growing scope, managing mitigation efforts, and having to use the tools available to us at the time to show the metrics going down to management over and over and over again because how pressure they were getting to get rid of this as soon as humanly possibly.  My job is sending me a recognization award for that and I'm currently in a mini-vacation to reboot my brain from it.

Honestly, you should've ended your post right here:

Because if I knew they were protesting because of how they were being treated as a whole and specificly what they wanted like say Teacher strikes do, I would feel differently about this.  I've tried, I still don't know what their specific list of demands are with this protest around the beltway, and it's sounds like neither do you.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

5 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

No.

God damn typers.

I’m retired.

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Having said all that, you have a lot of nerve making the insinuation that because someone can sit down to do their job that it is not stressful. 

Is funny because truckers spend the majority of their time....... sitting down. 🤭

Honestly I have nothing against truckers. These folks tho are being divisive assholes to garner attention n money. One of the main groups behind it is the AFCLF who's founder was convicted of fraud back in 2020. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2022/03/04/peoples-convoy-donations-fraud-afclf/

• Like 1

Here's a "HARD MFer" eplaining why she is riding in the convoy along with Senator Cruz.

And a reminder that every republican in congress voted against saving pensions including those of truckers.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2022/3/10/2085105/-Sen-Ted-Cruz-takes-time-away-from-Cancun-vacation-to-play-pretend-trucker 

What is he talking about? He’s talking about the Butch Lewis Emergency Pension Plan Relief Act of 2021. This bill helped to provide government assistance to underfunded and insolvent pensions. Pensions like truckers’ pensions. It was folded into the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021. That was the big piece of legislation that every single Republican voted against, including Teddy “Truckstar” Cruz. It is no surprise that GOP operatives like Cruz and Johnson continue to tout the successes of the American Rescue Plan that they voted against—the legislation was popular, as would have been the Build Back Better plan if it had passed.

Edited by CobraCommander
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

No clue how they’re handling sewage waste.

Well see what ya doo is ya hire a company that'll come and suck all the **** out. **** suckers we call em. Should be easy to find amongst all the **** head attendees. 💩

The trick is to time it sos ya get a fresh Porto john right after it's been "cleaned". Or just go crap in the woods like a normal person. 

On 3/11/2022 at 2:57 PM, TradeTheBeal! said:

This reminds me of those chuckleheads who took over that wildlife refuge in Oregon years ago. They got there and then after a week or so realized that they needed to eat and gave up since they basically forgot about that minor logistical detail.

• Thumb up 1

America's trucker convoy is a liberal punchline. But it shouldn't be.

It’s hard to take the "People’s Convoy" trucker caravan seriously. Starting as a protest against Covid mask and vaccine restrictions, it launched after most mandates had been lifted. Many of the convoy’s big rigs, pickups and SUVs are covered with QAnon conspiracy references. Convoy organizers promised to shut down Washington D.C. Instead, they parked their trucks at a stock-car racetrack in western Maryland and then did a few gaffe-filled laps around the D.C. Beltway. The convoy has been lampooned in late-night talk show monologues and newspaper op-eds, and parodied in countless memes. The consensus is that it has been a complete failure.

That’s the wrong conclusion. I spent four hours walking around the convoy’s Hagerstown, Maryland, encampment last Saturday. Make no mistake: the "People’s Convoy" has been a great success as a movement-building event for the far-right. And it should be taken seriously, despite its absurdities.

Click on the link for more