Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Glenn Youngkin and friends.

Cooked Crack

• Cooked Crack changed the title to Glenn Youngkin and friends.

I'll repost this in here then:

Committee Controlled by Dems Kills Youngkin Education Bills

A Virginia Senate committee on Thursday killed two key pieces of education legislation sought by Republican Gov. Glenn Youngkin, including one that was designed to eliminate teaching of critical race theory in K-12 schools.

The committee also killed a bill that would have made it easier to create charter schools in districts that perform poorly on math and reading.

Education reform has been a key part of Youngkin's agenda, but Democrats hold a narrow 21-19 advantage in the Senate. Republicans had held out some hope that the Senate Education and Health Committee, which has several moderate Democrats, would provide bipartisan support to parts of Youngkin's agenda. So far, though, Democrats have largely been able to kill Youngkin's bills.

The critical race theory bill would have banned the teaching of “inherently divisive concepts” in the schools. It died on a party-line vote with all nine Democrats on the 15-member committee voting against the bill.

The Youngkin administration is still seeking to scrub out critical race theory concepts at an administrative level. Youngkin issued an executive order requiring the Department of Education to review and root out any policies that teach “inherently divisive concepts."

Both the bill and the executive order defined “inherently divisive concepts” as those that portray once race, sex or religious faith as inherently superior, or teach that an individual is inherently racist as a result of his skin color.

Click on the link for the full article

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

I get that woman in Alexandria.  I do.  But Youngkin got exactly what he wanted out of that exchange.

So he wanted to be seen as a tone-deaf ignoramus uncaring about the health of others?

Mission accomplished.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Dan T. said:

So he wanted to be seen as a tone-deaf ignoramus uncaring about the health of others?

Mission accomplished.

No, he'll spin it as those mean libs were rude to him again, playing the white guy as victim card

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

No, he'll spin it as those mean libs were rude to him again, playing the white guy as victim card

Well yea, the lady made him look incredibly weak given that the only retort he could muster was "we're all making choices here" when literally everyone else in the store made the opposite choice.  So of course the standard move will be to play the victim, there really isn't any other way for him to spin getting pwned like that. 

18 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

Getting tired of posting this clowns shenanigans in the Local DMV news and GOP thread so figure I'd make one central thread. Anything about Youngkin and VA GOP can go in here.

Ha! His own thread!? This fool is going to need at least an entire sub section for all of his stupidity. Its hard to keep up with, honestly.

2 hours ago, LD0506 said:

Yep. Just look at how those liberal sheep will publicly attack a Real American for not marching in sync with their orders. 

Universal masking will remain at 7 Va. school districts, Youngkin to appeal judge's ruling

An Arlington judge has sided with seven Virginia school districts in the legal battle over masks in the classroom.

Late Friday afternoon, Circuit Court Judge Louise DiMatteo granted the school districts' request for a temporary restraining order that prohibits enforcement of Governor Glenn Youngkin's executive order that would have allowed parents to opt out their children out of school mask mandates.

The judge's decision comes two days after she heard arguments from both sides in the case.

The seven school districts, five of them located in Northern Virginia, announced they were filing a lawsuit against the governor on January 24 -- the day his executive order on optional school masking took effect.

“The single issue before the court is whether the Governor, via his emergency powers, can override the decision of local school boards delegated to them under SB 1303. The court concludes the Governor cannot," DiMatteo wrote.

SB 1303 is a state law that says schools should follow the CDC's guidance "to the maximum extent practicable."

The judge also said there is "no ambiguity" in the language of that law:

The language of SB1303 is express and clearly states that the General Assembly delegated certain policy determinations regarding practicability of CDC COVID mitigation protocols to the local school boards across Virginia. In the Court's view, there is no ambiguity.

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

Admiring the Gov's abuse of an emergency power. 

Got to admire the person who can look around, and see a situation in which:  

1). 2,600 Americans are dying a day. And

2). Schools are telling children to take trivial steps to try to reduce the school being a Petri dish. 

And conclude that #2 requires the use of the Governor's emergency powers, to fix. 

Edited by Larry
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, Kosher Ham said:

Didn't you guys vote him in. Not specifically...but YOUR state? Most of the populous of the state resides in NOVA. 

Well really it was the women. Specifically the white women. The ones expertly targeted by his campaign telling them that the evil democrats wanted to take away their choice to choose what their children were taught in school. Never underestimate a woman's desire to be in control of their children.

What I found a bit puzzling about Youngkin is why an accomplished businessman like  him would bother running for governor even of a state like VA.

My only conclusion is he has his eyes on the big prize.   Which is a bit scary.  But if he can displace Trump,, then its a win for me.   I see him as kind of a GWB clone - co opt certain populist Democratic agendas,  which creates a big tent which can siphon off swing voters while keeping the base. 

But displacing Trump is a major uphill battle at this stage, last stats I saw see that he doesn't even just have a plurality of support amonst Republican voters, but an outright majority which would make winning the primary a shoe-in.  I bet his play is to wait in the wings to see if something changes between now and 2024, or wait until 2028.  

Edited by DCSaints_fan

2 minutes ago, DCSaints_fan said:

What I found a bit puzzling about Youngkin is why an accomplished businessman like  him would bother running for governor even of a state like VA.

My only conclusion is he has his eyes on the big prize.   Which is a bit scary.  But if he can displace Trump,, then its a win for me.   I see him as kind of a GWB clone - co opt certain populist Democratic agendas,  which creates a big tent which can siphon off swing voters while keeping the base. 

What in the world have you seen him do, that doesn't paint him as determined to try to position himself (and his state) as even more hard right than Texas/Florida?  

• Thumb up 1