Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

30 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I became a fan in 79. The year before they drafted my cousin, but sure. I'm a new fan with little knowledge of the history.

2 games into the season and you're crying about the sky falling. We're .500 superfan. Step away from the ledge.

Some old fans have no clue either. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1

17 hours ago, dyst said:

Pretty wild how we have cap concerns being such a crappy team record wise

In kools defense this debate started with you saying we're a  crappy team record wise.

You didn't specify this year or historically, so when he replied with our record this year and you came back with our record historically it became a debate where you were arguing separate things.

The truth is you're both right.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, redskinss said:

In kools defense this debate started with you saying we're a  crappy team record wise.

You didn't specify this year or historically, so when he replied with our record this year and you came back with our record historically it became a debate where you were arguing separate things.

Even if we give them the benefit of the doubt and simply stick to this year. We beat the Jags and lost to the Lions. Not something to be proud of. 

53 minutes ago, redskinss said:

It's not like I don't know that we're a bottom 8 team the last 30 years. I do. But right now, we're 1-1. One of the top offenses and Rons teams always start slow. Nobody thought we'd go to the superbowl this year. A lot of people did however think 10 wins and a playoff win as the ceiling and that's still alive. We've had a good win and a bad loss.

Dyst like to paint the woah is me narrative that the sky has already fallen, but it's just dumb. Especially in week 3.

27 minutes ago, dyst said:

Even if we give them the benefit of the doubt and simply stick to this year. We beat the Jags and lost to the Lions. Not something to be proud of. 

Did the Lions and Jags have bad seasons this year? What was their record and did they make the playoffs?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Dyst like to paint the woah is me narrative that the sky has already fallen, but it's just dumb. Especially in week 3.

5 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Did the Lions and Jags have bad seasons this year? What was their record and did they make the playoffs?

Hilariously bad take. Two of the ****tiest franchises in Jags and Lions and you’re hyping them up like it’s okay to lose to them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dyst said:

Hilariously bad take. Two of the ****tiest franchises in Jags and Lions and you’re hyping them up like it’s okay to lose to them. 

If they’re ****ty, then what are we?  You do realize that Jags & Lions fans would be just as disappointed in losing to US, as we are to losing to them right?  Both the Jags AND Lions have just as good a chance of getting to the playoffs as we do.  Maybe more, since the Jags can win their division with 7-8 wins, and the Lions can be a wild card team with 9 wins (and they already have a tiebreaker over us should we finish with the same record).  We’ve been a really ****ty team for 25+ years now.  No right for us to throw stones at glass houses.

Edited by samy316
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, samy316 said:

If they’re ****ty, then what are we?  You do realize that Jags & Lions fans would be just as disappointed in losing to US, as we are to losing to them right?  Both the Jags AND Lions have just as good a chance of getting to the playoffs as we do.  Maybe more, since the Jags can win their division with 7-8 wins, and the Lions can be a wild card team with 9 wins (and they already have a tiebreaker over us should we finish with the same record).  We’ve been a really ****ty team for 25+ years now.  No right for us to throw stones at glass houses.

Yes dear: I am not saying we should have won. I am saying, if we are to ever consider ourselves a good team, we can’t struggle and lose to these type of teams and until this team proves otherwise - we are just as **** tier as they are.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dyst said:

I think his point is that either of them can end the season with 12 wins and you wouldn’t know that yet. Especially the Lions. They seem particularly mercurial. And I only butt in cause I agree. We don’t really know what either of these teams are this season, yet. But we will in like 5 weeks. 

3 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

Who wants an instant dose of drama?

Dude goes anywhere and he is only getting asked one kind of question.

What’s the deal with this dude? I didn’t know he was drama. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Llevron said:

What’s the deal with this dude? I didn’t know he was drama. 

Without getting into punishable board offenses I'll just say that he had a very audible stance on a health subject that served to be a massive distraction in the locker room, coaching staff and even ownership.

Dude was cut in march, and was signed to Tampa's practice squad like 4 days ago. Orgs were avoiding the guy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Without getting into punishable board offenses I'll just say that he had a very audible stance on a health subject that served to be a massive distraction in the locker room, coaching staff and even ownership.

Dude was cut in march, and was signed to Tampa's practice squad like 4 days ago. Orgs were avoiding the guy.

Ahhh. Gotcha. I was wondering why he was out there when I saw them pick him up. 

I didn’t read back but I think I get what you’re arguing about.

Ever since Dan Snyder has had control of this franchise, we have been bad and getting worse.

This last try, with Riverboat Ron doesn’t look any different than Zorn. What’s worse right now is Ron has no clue about personal, at all. From his draft picks to his free agent signing, he’s terrible.

Its good he has help but it seems he has final say and he’s locked in on what type of player to acquire.

You know what’s wrong with Jamin Davis? He’s not Michah Parsons. Dallas got the better player by trading down, Ron didn’t recognize the better player. We could have moved up, 7 spots. 

Ron is a terrible GM, paying the full freight for Wentz is just criminal. Not because Wentz isn’t worth it, but there was ABSOLUTELY NO REASON bidding against ourselves.

Him holding on to cap space, instead of improving the roster is so damn stupid. Remember how we could sign every free agent, the cap be damned? Ron could sign 6-10 street veteran free agents , that would improve our roster. He won’t do it, because he doesn’t want to have cap space moved to the future.

Im fine with him being fired after this year. Only good thing from him is no drama, other than that , he sucks.

19 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Lots of talk about out D but we totally whiffed on bulking up our OL. Shocking.

And it was so predictable. We had Trent and Scherff when Rivera came and now we have a ****show for an O-line. The roster construction is malpractice. We had two really good lines, now we have no depth on the D-line and an O-line that has looked like trash for three weeks. On top of that we have no depth at corner (and questionable starters), no free safety, the weakest linebacker corps in the league. The only move of the offseason was for a QB who got traded two offseasons in a row...and we are paying him close to 30m and will give up a 2nd rounder next year.

The only position group that looks good is the WR room.

How is this the product 3 years into Rons tenure? Seriously. Other teams have a guy like Howie Roseman who cooks every offseason and where it feels like he is just ahead of everyone else. Our front office is incapable of building a roster that can compete in the modern NFL.

• Sad 1

52 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Lots of talk about out D but we totally whiffed on bulking up our OL. Shocking.

Everyone expected the linebackers to be the worst unit, but through three weeks there’s no doubt it’s the OLine.  Absolute disaster.  The Oline they’ve constructed get no push in the run game and is beat everywhere in the passing game.  

we finally have a great set of receivers, and we’re going to have to resort to quick short passes just to have a chance at a first down.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb up 1