Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

We've seen it before where these supposedly loaded teams come out and completely underperform... which then leads to friction within the team and a total collapse by the end of the season.  At least, that's my hope for the Eagles.

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

the love for the Eagles from the national media knows no bounds.  Chris Simms says they have the third best roster in the league.

It's almost like they forgot that Jalen Hurts is still as inaccurate as he was last season.  That offense is going to sputter quite a bit, I think.  

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I admit i liked Asiasi 😧

😢

I used to get made fun of by some on the previous FO for admiring how the Eagles do business compared to us. 

They're starting to look like the best in the league. Like them and the Ravens at the top. This trade today is insane. It's so frustrating. 

and if we sign a TE that isn't named OJ, I'll lose my mind.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

They're starting to look like the best in the league. Like them and the Ravens at the top. This trade today is insane. It's so frustrating. 

and if we sign a TE that isn't named OJ, I'll lose my mind.

I haven't watched any of Asiasi in the pros, not sure where it went wrong, I know he has had injuries.  the college version of him IMO was good -- not great but good and a TE who did everything including block.

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

I haven't watched any of Asiasi in the pros, not sure where it went wrong, I know he has had injuries.  the college version of him IMO was good -- not great but good and a TE who did everything including block.

Howard when he was healthy was 500 and 5 and is an excellent blocker. 

51 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

the love for the Eagles from the national media knows no bounds.  Chris Simms says they have the third best roster in the league.

It's not surprising that the Eagles are getting praised by the media for their shrewd moves.  The trade for Gardner this morning was excellent, and solidifies their secondary.  To me the Eagles are the clear favorites to win the division, and if Jalen Hurts is able to improve from his play last year, they definitely have a shot to compete for the NFC championship.  In a conference where Tampa Bay is not what it was a few years ago, and Green Bay having to play without the top receiver in the game Davante Adams, The NFC is looking weaker than the AFC for sure.  I think the Eagles can definitely compete and challenge the Rams for the best team in the NFC this year.

This year is all about Jalen Hurts.  Either he takes the leap, and has the Eagles competing for a Super Bowl, or he doesn't take the leap, and the Eagles are just a playoff team that has a huge hole at QB.

6 minutes ago, samy316 said:

It's not surprising that the Eagles are getting praised by the media for their shrewd moves.  The trade for Gardner this morning was excellent, and solidifies their secondary.  To me the Eagles are the clear favorites to win the division, and if Jalen Hurts is able to improve from his play last year, they definitely have a shot to compete for the NFC championship.  In a conference where Tampa Bay is not what it was a few years ago, and Green Bay having to play without the top receiver in the game Davante Adams, The NFC is looking weaker than the AFC for sure.  I think the Eagles can definitely compete and challenge the Rams for the best team in the NFC this year.

This year is all about Jalen Hurts.  Either he takes the leap, and has the Eagles competing for a Super Bowl, or he doesn't take the leap, and the Eagles are just a playoff team that has a huge hole at QB.

He is a total Philly type of player too.

There are some better position players available than we have on this team with our final cuts as we are down to 53 now.  If RR and Co. don't make any moves and stick with what we have, I am calling for new GMs or both GMs and HC for next year if this team of players don't perform and we have a dismal and losing season.  There are opportunities to improve this team as positions of weakness from released players from other teams are available and RR and Co. need to make a few moves to improve this team! 

Edited by RWJ

49 minutes ago, RWJ said:

There are some better position players available than we have on this team with our final cuts as we are down to 53 now.  If RR and Co. don't make any moves and stick with what we have, I am calling for new GMs or both GMs and HC for next year if this team of players don't perform and we have a dismal and losing season.  There are opportunities to improve this team as positions of weakness from released players from other teams are available and RR and Co. need to make a few moves to improve this team! 

I would think this shouldn't even be a post, to be honest. With the numbers of O vs. D kept right now it's beyond safe to assume further moves are coming.

I'd start with trying to snag Tyler Johnson as WR4/outside receiver type to compliment McLaurin for cheap and cutting Brown. I'm a Brown guy and still think he would/could have been a great pro but the way he plays doesn't suggest that football is his passion. But maybe he's injured and we don't know, too. I don't know. But he hasn't shown what he showed in college. 

I think I'm in lane to say I was wrong on him. Though if I remember correctly I had him in the teens in the 2021 for receivers but I'm not 100% sure. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I never thought I'd say this... because I didn't think he was all that great here... buuuut... he was better than our current backups. 

Worth a look.

Agree that's why I posted it.   He was good in coverage not much of a run stopper. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Agree that's why I posted it.   He was good in coverage not much of a run stopper. 

No brainer to replace Eifler with him as the backup to Davis if he is willing to come back here. I'd also sign Bostic to the practice squad if he is up for that.

Edited by method man

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

While I do think the Eagles indeed kiled the off season, I think narratives like this where the season is already to some extent is celebrated in advance -- hopefully jinxes them.

"Let's not break out the anointing oil just yet." - Bill Parcells 

• Haha 3