Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

Maybe instead of trading the one legitimate NFL caliber offensive weapon this team has, based on some pipedream that draft picks will one day develop, they should resign that weapon.

Then again, Terry leaving would be the final straw for me, so maybe I should be rooting for that. Go full expansion team here, works for me.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Starting to get the feel that we're definitely not alone in our complaints about our idiot owner. I think the last owner with class and grace, mighta been ole Georgia and her Rams.

Everybody likes to pile on Dan, and for good reason.  He's an extra special kind of a disaster, mostly because he keeps picking bad QBs.  

But other than that, he's actually not THAT different from a bunch of other idiot owners.  Irsay just shipped Wentz out of town because of "reasons."  Did they come out ahead?  Maybe. Maybe not.  The Dolphins owner might have been attempting to pay a coach to lose games.  The Browns owner has a torrid history.  John Mara and company took an organization his father, Wellington, built, with Eli and Coughlin in place, and up until now, destroyed it.  We'll see if they got this last round right.

You're not going to convince me Jerrah isn't patting the backsides of every female employee in the organization and yelling "How 'Bout them Cowboys" as he has them sign NDAs.  

Kraft, one of the most "respected" owners was arrested for getting a rub-n'-tug in Tampa.

The guy in Carolina seems like a complete fool.

Snyder is a complete ass hat who surrounded himself with sycophants and yes-men, he picked players over coaches, and has overruled his personnel guys. Add to that the workplace misconduct stuff, and you have a hot steaming mess.

HOWEVER, I would be willing to bet there are components of that track record in just about every organization.  Maybe not ALL of it thrown together in one steeping pile of doo-doo like we have with Dan.  (Though Jerrah comes somewhat close, the difference is he just came out and said "I'm the GM.  Deal with it.  If you don't like it, whatever, I'm not firing myself, so go kick rocks."  He also happens to not be the worst GM, and does listen to some of his personnel guys. I am willing to bet they have a lot of the same sexual harassment issues, though, they just cover them up better.)

The real difference is we hear about Snyder and his transgressions on a daily basis because the media in this town can't let it die.  In discussing the Wentz trade, the media will invariably bring up the fact we're in this situation because Dan screwed it all up by picking Haskins.  Which is true.  But, at this point, somewhat irrelevant.  And then they go through all of Dan's transgressions.  Again, and again, and again.

It's truly exhausting.  It's like, I get it.  He's an idiot.  I want him gone.  He seems just like a horrible human being.  But can we just give it a rest for a couple weeks and focus on literally anything else?  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

RADIO ALERT:

Cam Sims press conference coming live on BMitch and Finlay (106.7 the fan) shortly.

On audacy through alexa for those that don't know.

Everyone else is talking about big name movement: Armstead, Hill, Valdez-Scantling to a degree...

And our big news is a Cam Sims presser on a radio show.

That is so Commanders. :ols:

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Cam Sims press conference coming live on BMitch and Finlay (106.7 the fan) shortly.

I know we just signed him, but do you guys think we could pull a Chiefs and also get 6 draft picks for Sims?

The FO needs to be making calls right now.

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

HOWEVER, I would be willing to bet there are components of that track record in just about every organization.  Maybe not ALL of it thrown together in one steeping pile of doo-doo like we have with Dan. 

The bolded is what makes him special.  He's got all the bad traits of every bad guy and zero good traits.  He's an epic combination of failure.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Can’t say I’m bothered about the Hill trade, they are good fun to watch unfold.

What is slightly frustrating is watching teams make aggressive moves, whether it be the Dolphins as buyers or KC turning around to Hills agent and saying, get a trade. Bet they already had an idea they would quickly be cashing in. 

Point being, a player like Wagner. Or HB. I do wonder if we are pursuing these guys. We can’t seriously be holding off deals to preserve a future comp pick. Wagner doesn’t even impact that.

There is no guarantee we ever get these players, but I would really hope we are trying to upgrade positions of serious need, outside of QB clearly. I guess the Wentz deal does qualify to an extent. The rest of FA has been pretty average.

1 minute ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

You can get cheaper options in the draft.

Sure can. We don’t have many picks though.

• Like 1

Just now, Est.1974 said:

Can’t say I’m bothered about the Hill trade, they are good fun to watch unfold.

What is slightly frustrating is watching teams make aggressive moves, whether it be the Dolphins as buyers or KC turning around to Hills agent and saying, get a trade. Bet they already had an idea they would quickly be cashing in. 

Point being, a player like Wagner. Or HB. I do wonder if we are pursuing these guys. We can’t seriously be holding off deals to preserve a future comp pick. Wagner doesn’t even impact that.

There is no guarantee we ever get these players, but I would really hope we are trying to upgrade positions of serious need, outside of QB clearly. I guess the Wentz deal does qualify to an extent. The rest of FA has been pretty average.

They need to be aggressive with Wagner. Or Mathieu. Either/or. Get a Hybrid/Buffalo/S type or a badass ILB. Either/or works. But they need to go after them. 

• Like 3

Just now, KDawg said:

They need to be aggressive with Wagner. Or Mathieu. Either/or. Get a Hybrid/Buffalo/S type or a badass ILB. Either/or works. But they need to go after them. 

Damn right, just get after them. Totally lifts pressure on our draft approach. Too many gaps to plug right now for my taste.

53 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

This is what good teams do when a star player demands the money that they have rightly earned but that unfortunately they just can't afford to pay.

They say thanks for all you've given us over tge years and trade them for maximum value.

Trying to convince them to stay for less money inevitably leads to the annual franchise tag game.  Which in turn only serves to delay their eventual departure while at the same time decreasing the compensation received when the player departs.

With the tag game,  when the player eventually leaves as a free agent the best you can hope for is a potential late third round pick years later. BUT ONLY if you don't sign any new free agents the year he departs that would cancel out the future compensatory pick!!??

So not only do you lose the player but you hamstring your current free agency plans and can't go after valuable new players. No thank you. 

Better to bite the bullet immediately and move forward unburdoned by the past.

I don’t know how many trades the Steelers have done but they draft replacements and let their free agents go, if too expensive. Guess, a recent trade would be AB to Raiders.

That’s why we need to draft 2 era, in case Terry asks for too much.

Steelers haven’t finished below . 500 in Tomlin’s run.

• Like 2

Just think about how much we as a fanbase value Terry...

Multiply that by 100, and that's how much his agent values him.  He's seeing deal after deal, first Adams now Hill - go up to $30MM APY.  The WR market is insane.  He'd be an absolute fool to suggest Terry should give this team any hometown discount.  I'm certain he's informing Terry about his options - that could eventually lead to a franchise tag for big $$$ and an even larger long term deal down the road via free agency.

I don't think for a second that Ron or his FO are sitting on their thumbs about this at all.  They just have a lot of factors working against them.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome

57 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

Hill and Waddle on the field together is going to be ridiculous.

54 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

This plays out with both the Packers AND Chiefs really wanting to get a stud WR for their QB after losing a stud WR.

Both teams have a pair of 1's.

I think Wilson goes Top 10, but if the rest of these guys are there at #11, I guarantee you we're fielding calls from these two. They have 2 #1s, and might have to deploy them to get "They guy"

To move from #11; going take more than 2#1’s to move down where the Packers and Chiefs are.

21 minutes ago, KDawg said:

What do you see Mathieu’s role in this defense as? One of the ex players thought he was too small for buffalo nickel. 

Totally agree about Wagner. Would be just the MLB and defensive leadership upgrade this team has needed and really free us up in the draft. 

I wonder if the fact that we haven’t signed Wagner means we’ve already zeroed in on Lloyd. 

Edited by Anselmheifer

1 minute ago, Anselmheifer said:

What do you see Mathieu’s role in this office as? One of the ex players thought he was too small for buffalo nickel. 

Totally agree about Wagner. Would be just the MLB and defensive leadership upgrade this team has needed and really free us up in the draft. 

I wonder if the fact that we haven’t signed Wagner means we’ve already zeroed in on Lloyd. 

No such thing as too small when you play like a wolverine with his asshole on fire. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

11 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Just think about how much we as a fanbase value Terry...

Multiply that by 100, and that's how much his agent values him.  He's seeing deal after deal, first Adams now Hill - go up to $30MM APY.  The WR market is insane.  He'd be an absolute fool to suggest Terry should give this team any hometown discount.  I'm certain he's informing Terry about his options - that could eventually lead to a franchise tag for big $$$ and an even larger long term deal down the road via free agency.

I don't think for a second that Ron or his FO are sitting on their thumbs about this at all.  They just have a lot of factors working against them.

All good points. The leverage the commanders have, is that Terry is still on a 3rd rd pick contract. 

this is where we’ll see if we learned our lesson. We couldve paid Kirk on a 4th rd pick contract and didn’t. 

injuries could seriously hamper his future guarantees, and he hasn’t achieved “stupid generational wealth” quite yet. We get him on a top 10 WR contract now, he’s likely to take it. It’s a risk otherwise.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, seantaylor=god said:

You quoted me but then go on to say a bunch of stuff I didn’t say…

I like Hamilton a lot. Are you just arguing with unspoken criticism from other people? 

I said he had great range and doesn’t look slow.

Yes. Was not calling you out directly. Those are just some of the comments I have read on the internet. Sorry if it came off that way. 

• Thumb up 1

31 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

You can get cheaper options in the draft.

Agree 100%, just wish we had more picks to realize those, and other, options.

Oops, sorry 1974, just realized you said the same.

Edited by Chris 44
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

I know we just signed him, but do you guys think we could pull a Chiefs and also get 6 draft picks for Sims?

The FO needs to be making calls right now.

These are the type of dumb statements that make our fanbase look like blind homers!  Just stop it.

No way they could get more than 4 picks for Sims and one would have to be a future #1.

• Haha 3

50 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

It's truly exhausting.  It's like, I get it.  He's an idiot.  I want him gone.  He seems just like a horrible human being.  But can we just give it a rest for a couple weeks and focus on literally anything else?  

Amen to this.

Hey we got a QB

But we have Dan

We've got a good team

Dan will screw it up

Football anything

Dan Dan Dan 

It's really annoying and I wish bringing him up in anything but the Dan threads was treated like talking politics or religion (which I'm fresh off another ban from doing).

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1