Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

5 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

WHY ARE WE NOT LISTED AS INTERESTED IN WAGNER PLEASE. 

We'll be there to sign him in 4 years after the contract he's about to sign ends. 

Edited by duffy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

WHY ARE WE NOT LISTED AS INTERESTED IN WAGNER PLEASE. 

because he is OLD.. and his coverage skills at this point are lacking. We need an MLB that can cover. Run stopping MLBs are a dime a dozen.. lets someone else overpay

• Like 1

Not bothered about Wagner. Have a feeling we spend on FS, like Williams or Honey Badger and get a low tier vet at LB to go with a Rookie LB.

3 hours ago, HigSkin said:

We had $33 mil before Wentz

Just remember the Wentz deal hasn’t taken effect yet. It’s on the salary cap sites already (early) but he hasn’t officially signed until the first day of the league year.

So we still have 30mil plus IF we wanted to get someone from the pool of released players before FA kicks in.

The bidding war for Wags is gonna be outrageous and we just freed up our very own opportunity to fill the lb need with the 11th pick.  I’d love for us to sign him but I’d love even more for us to draft our very own version and have him on a rookie deal.  

Rd 1: loyd

Rd 2: Howell/Ridder

3 minutes ago, moondog said:

I don’t like the idea of cutting Collins. He was a difference maker once we put him in the right position. Restructure sure. But losing linebackers is not what we need right now. 

He didn't want to negotiate.  He was ticked about us trading for Wentz which took up much of our cap space.  Got to be a team player on and off the field.  Off the field by restructuring.  He chose not to, so he hits FA. 

Edited by RWJ
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, moondog said:

I don’t like the idea of cutting Collins. He was a difference maker once we put him in the right position. Restructure sure. But losing linebackers is not what we need right now. 

You forget, he's a safety. His words, not mine. He still is completely defiant that he's a safety and not a LB. 

So, he's going to stand on that ship until it sinks. Which will be soon on a team that signs him as such.

HTTR!

• Like 2

Just now, RWJ said:

He didn't want to negotiate.  He was ticked about us trading for Wentz which took up much of our cap space.  Got to be a team player on and off the field.  Off the field by restructuring.  He chose not to, so he hits FA. 

Cutting Collins is the right move,

However, in fairness he has said we asked him to take 1 pay cut which he agreed to.

We then followed up with a second request after the Wentz trade.....not great...

So on balance, his contract sucks for us, but I don’t think he deserves any heat. Good luck to him.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Another thing to keep in mind is that the cap IS supposed to also go up 25 million which isnt included in those numbers if I am remembering correctly. 

No, the cap went up 25 mil this year (and we’re at 5.9 now… pending Collins).  Should go up next as well, but no telling how much yet. 

4 hours ago, SpacePenguin said:

I'm aware, that is definitely his appeal....but a wise man once taught me to stay medium in all things.

To even things out....Wentz has somewhat of a penchant for goofball turnovers, the kind where he just holds the ball Rothlesburger style and flips it to a defender.

Personally, a QB who will sling it downfield does way more for me than a Jimmy G type.....but this is still the ___skins making a trade for someone else's castoff QB, so I'm betting on this being an unmitigated disaster.

I have a hunch it’ll be one of our better unmitigated disasters though…

19 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Deshazor Everett may be a player we release.  Keep an eye out.

Won’t he end up on some kind on expert list ? Not sure. I think it’s reported we’ll get the cap space back on him whilst matters are resolved for him personally.

47 minutes ago, skinsfan4128 said:

You forget, he's a safety. His words, not mine. He still is completely defiant that he's a safety and not a LB. 

So, he's going to stand on that ship until it sinks. Which will be soon on a team that signs him as such.

HTTR!

I promise I haven’t forgotten. I have argued before I think a decent amount of it is the money game - it’s like a TE trying to argue they play more WR. But you also get paid when you’re a difference maker and that’s what he was when he moved down. He’s also said he wanted to be here. It sounds like there may be more to it then I’ve initially seen that maybe he balked about restructuring although that wouldn’t make sense to me because that just means more money now for guys. 

Regardless of why or who’s choosing it I’m just saying I wish we could lower his cap with a restructure and keep him because there’s no difference we were a much better defense with him on the field when he was playing the right fit for him. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

12 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Won’t he end up on some kind on expert list ? Not sure. I think it’s reported we’ll get the cap space back on him whilst matters are resolved for him personally.

I'm not sure 1974.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moondog said:

I agree , but they had no choice cause we need more cap space. They tried to restructure his contract,but it didn't work out