Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Time to Fire Ron, Jack & Wright

El Mexican

35 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Maybe we shoulda kept Jay. 

Jay self sabotaged by hiring the worst defensive coordinators imaginable.  It was one after another, a truly bizarre series of choices.  That alone, I’d argue, made him unqualified for the job.  You can’t have a head coach that keeps hiring bums like that.

To his credit he managed to hover around .500 for four years.  If you think that’s not notable, take a look at how every other coach since 2000 (the year Dan Snyder put his finger prints on the team) has done in consecutive seasons.  People just forget how bad this team has been.  

Example:  Jay Gruden has the best back to back season record of any Washington head coach since the year 2000 and the only consecutive winning season in that span of 21 seasons of football.  

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, OMacAttack said:

I have a hard time blaming coaches for the awful situation of starting players who have no business playing with NFL stars.  

Our defense had none of our linebackers aside from Mayo who I believe was signed to fill a special teams role.

The covid outbreak is really screwing us hard.

One of our guys didn't even have a video intro when they were going through the starting rosters lol.  Just his picture.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

“Zorn, Shanny and Fat Gruden all had games like this and were inmediately shown the door.”

agree on zorn,  since he had games like this in only his 2bd year which was his last year. Shanahan though? He had the 2010 59-28 game and wasn’t shown the door until 3 years later. Gruden? He had a game like this in 2014, and you know how long he lasted 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

There was none. He posted something on Christmas Day about “beat Dallas” and the snow picture of someone peeing on the Dallas star, and fans found a way to whine about it. 

Wright made himself look like an ass. If you’re gonna trash talk then fine, but dammit show up on the field. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Boss_Hogg said:

Wright made himself look like an ass. If you’re gonna trash talk then fine, but dammit show up on the field. 

How, out of curiosity, should he have shown up on the field? Please. I’m waiting to hear this one 😂😂😂

saying “beat Dallas” is a wish, a hope, that I’m sure every team is thinking throughout the week. 

1 hour ago, Destino said:

The unnamed sources infection, as you put it, is often Dan Snyder and his people.  It normally precedes or follows a firing and serves as a petty means of demonizing the latest scapegoat.  Firing the coaching staff is just sleight of hand that we’ve seen before.  It’s just a trick to reignite fan interest in a failing team with no answers.  

This team isn’t winning until the roster is good.  There’s no getting around it.  Everything else is just marketing.

An emotional fan expressed joy that a Cowboy player was injured on the field... and several good ES fans jumped on him for "being a classless Eagles fan"

OK, players I get... We shouldn't root for them to get injured. 

However...  If that were Daniel Snyder rolling around on the field clutching his knee... should we feel badly?  Would we be classless Eagles fans if we didn't feel badly for him?

23 minutes ago, petey hodge said:

An emotional fan expressed joy that a Cowboy player was injured on the field... and several good ES fans jumped on him for "being a classless Eagles fan"

OK, players I get... We shouldn't root for them to get injured. 

However...  If that were Daniel Snyder rolling around on the field clutching his knee... should we feel badly?  Would we be classless Eagles fans if we didn't feel badly for him?

I don’t wish ill on anyone over football. It seems as silly as wanting people hurt because they killed off your favorite character on a TV show. This is all just entertainment. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

29 minutes ago, Destino said:

I don’t wish ill on anyone over football. It seems as silly as wanting people hurt because they killed off your favorite character on a TV show. This is all just entertainment. 

While I agree to an extent, Dan has proven himself to be an awful person that transcends just the realm of sports. I’ll never wish ill-will on anyone but I’d be lying if i said I wouldn’t be jumping for joy if something happened to him.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

After watching that shambolic performance, I’m not going to make rash comments about sacking this guy or that..

we’ve been a shambles for 20 years was never going to be a quick easy fix.. people need to get real with wanting RR sacked.. there is no better respected / upcoming coach going to want to come here !!! 

RR must get his QB this off season that I agree, he fails to get one or his draft pick is a bust then questions will be need to be asked..

For me this off season is huge for this franchise

new name &  future qb better be chosen correctly 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Destino said:

I'll hardly call this team as entertaining anymore. As of now it's more like masochism than anything to me...

21 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

I'll hardly call this team as entertaining anymore. As of now it's more like masochism than anything to me...

Builds character.  Just think of what young fans today will be able to tell their grandkids.  “In my day, our team never won.  Not ever.  We cheered anyway, because that was all we had!”

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, NickyJ said:

Ron Rivera took us to the playoffs last year with a peg leg QB. Out of all the things that have gone wrong with this team, he is nowhere near the top of my list.

Only because Dak Prescott wasn’t healthy. If Dak was healthy, there’s no way this **** bird franchise makes the playoffs at 7-9. ****ing embarrassing. 

And let’s not forget the Eagles laid down in the last game. We should’ve lost that game to a Hurts led team. Instead Pederson decided to perform career seppuku on himself.

Edited by Florgon79
  • Like 1

I can think of sooooooo many things that's wrong with our team, but unfortunately I am back in work in 36 hours so I haven't got enough time to write about them all. I will start with this, the Cowboys are the team to beat in my opinion for the next couple of years with the roster they have got. So looking at our Redskins, how many of our players would get in the Cowboys team. 

Right let's go

Allen

McLaurin (and that's pushing it a bit). 

So all we need are QB, RB, 2xWR,TE.

2xDL, 3x LB, 2xDB.

So Ladies and Gentlemen our Washington Redskins are absolutely ******. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Objectively, it's tough to judge this team. It's just missing so many pieces. Two of its starting linebackers. Its third (starting) safety. Its starting safety. Logan, McKissic, guards, centers, Young (who was a bum this year, but may have gotten his head turned around), and probably a dozen more. I mean you can't expect to play well against a high powered passing attack with 3/4s of your back seven out, can you?

That said, a good coach finds a way not to stink that badly. They rig up some smoke and mirrors instead of going pure vanilla. I mean if we could get two sacks on Dallas' first drive by going with a five man line then that shows it's possible for this D not to look like that. More, the D looked equally clueless at the beginning of the year. For whatever reason, the D just has been lost this year. Was Darby that big a loss? Bostic?

Offensively, the line just looked completely overmatched. I would have liked to see at least a roll out, but they tried screens and reverses, and some misdirection to slow down the rush. I also think Hienike, despite that the kid is a fighter, was seeing ghosts. I don't blame him. I don't know that we were outplayed as much as outmanned, but we were outplayed and outcoached, too. The tackle eligible touchdown was a high school homecoming play that you call when the outcome's a given and you just want to reward players for doing the dirty work.

The best part of the game? Well, the touchdown drive that featured Dyami's catch and the first defensive series are in the running, but the best part of the game was when I turned my TV off after the first series of the second half.

What a way to get bounced from any playoff chances.

Have your pants pulled down on national television by your biggest rival and spanked into submission.

There was a time when I wouldn't have been able to sleep last night and I'd be angry for a solid week but around 615 last night I grabbed my son and brought him to see Spiderman.

Very happy to say I never even turned the game on.

I've been making that decision more and more lately and wow have they been good choices. 

I think it will come down to this: I think Dan Snyder or whoever acts as his voice will want to keep Rivera, but he may get an ultimatum that he needs to look closely at his staff and overhaul it. And I'm not even sure where to start there. it's really hard to honestly look at Turner when the offense hasn't had key pieces all year long. not even for a single game, did it have all the pieces. I mean coaches can only coach the talent that's available for any given game.

But I suspect Ron will not want to change, and will instead offer to resign instead thus alleviating Dan of the need to fire him. I have to think that the way they played last night was an embarrassment to Rivera and even though I think they really need another offseason year to really be able to be in any kind of contention - I have always felt that since before the year started - I do not see how this continues.  And I think that the chemistry on the team is wrong on both sides of the ball. it shows up in how the offensive line blocks  it shows up in how the defense has players out of position all of the time.   As much as I want to thank the coaches are responsible if the players are not playing how they are coached then no coach can fix it.  It may be time to liquidate.

Edited by Veretax

They are running a skeleton crew the past several weeks.  They've had short rest against an opponent for the fourth week in a row.  The QBs had Covid and we had to start a dude with three days on the team in a decisive game.

Calling for everyone to get fired under the circumstances, not even two years into the rebuild, is so on brand for this awful fanbase.

Ron has made many mistakes and nobody on this forum has been more honest about them as they've happened than I have, but firing him and plunging the franchise back into chaos after they finally started creating some stability is insane.  That's how you stay a perennial loser.  This was a lost season with adversity that no coaching staff could have overcome, Rivera will settle in and eventually stop clustering mistakes, he'll eventually pick a direction at QB, and then we will go on a run.  And it could happen as soon as next year.

And WTF does Jason Wright have to do with any of this?  His job has nothing to do with how the team is playing.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

And WTF does Jason Wright have to do with any of this?  His job has nothing to do with how the team is playing.

For whatever reason, some folks really care about his position and heap loads of misguided expectations upon it.  As if he works for the fans and not Dan Snyder.  Definitely one of the more strange scapegoats the fanbase has chosen over the years.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome

Wright has zero to do with it. That's silly.

I think there could be changes to the coaching staff based on this season, but it won't be Rivera unless he makes it the case.

I think that the effort last night was piss poor despite the situation. It was bad football and quite frankly inexcusable. 

Having said that... Look at the roster that was fielded. People didn't honestly believe we had a chance, right?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

Rivera was the belle of the ball during the 4 game winning streak.  Belle of the ball after last season.  Now he and company are morons again.   I get football is an emotional sport and as a fan I get emotional too.  But IMO we got to stay cool.

We were if I recall the third most injured team in the NFL or something like that BEFORE being one of the top teams ravaged by COVID-19.  And shockingly the team hasn't been the same. :ols:. Basically what happened was what if one of the most injured team in the NFL in one fell swoop doubled that number of losses and faced relatively healthy teams.  What would happen?

Through a combination of injuries and COVID-19 in one fell swoop we've been putting out a preseason crew out there with about half our roster.    And just our luck we played Dallas twice who was plagued by injuries earlier in the season getting all their guys back just in time to play us.  Eagles one of the only teams not hit by COVID-19, etc.

It's the perfect convergence of our bad luck meeting opponent's good luck. 

Portis among other ex-players has said the reason why this team in perpetuity hasn't been successful is change.  Each coaching staff has their own stamp, want their own system, want their own guys.  then you rinse and repeat.  The other reason he said is they can't find that elusive QB which Collingsworth really went to town on last night on the broadcast.

Losing here is giving us potentially a top 10 pick.  that might end up a silver lining. 

If they fired everyone after this season, it would be the final nail in the coffin that Dan has been building over the years.   For three reasons:

A.  Who the heck would come here just on a normal basis?  Worst owner.  Worst stadium.  Worst facilities.  Bleeding fans.

B.  Who the heck would come here after firing Rivera of all people after two seasons?  That would make a comedically bad situation for any potential coach to consider hit absurd levels.

C.  Rinse and repeat with a new coaching staff meaning starting over and likely a painful 2022 season.  How much more can fans endure?  They are already leaving in droves.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumb up 1

We reached on Davis at linebacker in the draft..got next to nothing out of Dyami Brown...Cosmi looks like a good player ..st juste idk yet...we need a lot , gonna lose sherif, We need talent, plain and simple! How many 1st rounders do we have on defense line ? I really think we are so far from contending ..

• Like 1

I say give rivera another year ..But we have to hit on the draft and make some big moves in free agency ..Dallas had one of the worst defenses last yr ..brought in dan quinn and look how there defense turned around. We need better coaching , better players !

What gets me is how lost the defense has looked pretty much the whole season. The first eight games they were Haslett bad… maybe worse. 

i do understand that the defense couldn’t have been good yesterday. We just have too many missing pieces. I don’t know that the had to be that bad. 

So while I think we should keep Rivera, I also see the rationale for changing coordinators. One… maybe both. There are times I think Scott is okay and just handcuffed by personnel. Del Rio, especially at the start of the year, doesn’t get that same benefit of the doubt. The talent was there (even if it’s missing now) and he mismanaged it horribly. 

• Like 1