Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Mike McCarthy's Big Dumb Mouth vs The Legend of Taylor Heinicke

TK
Message added by TK,

1368191960_ScreenShot2021-12-12at4_31_27PM.thumb.png.ed680fcccce67b2130c8911c88a5dcbe.png

One of the saddest things about us no-showing for big games like the one today is that this makes it ten times harder to turn the page on fans being fed-up and no-showing themselves.  

You simply cannot instill fan confidence and turn around an organization with good intentions - you have to show up and back up those intentions with action

The only thing accomplished today (if the team doesn't turn things around in the second half) is the organization digging the hole that much deeper in terms of the on-field relationship with fans.  Trust has to be earned by doing the right thing again and again, etc.  

This game right here only serves to reinforce 1. the lack of faith that the majority of the fanbase has in the team.   2. The apathy that has set in.

I was born in 1975.  Been a Skins fan for 40 years.  Seen a lot of games in RFK, grew up during the GIBBS I era, etc.  I remember what Camelot was like.  It is possible to get that back.  It is.  But, honestly, tragically, there's not a bone in my body or fiber in my entire being that believes we will ever even get so much as a glimpse of it while Dan is the owner.

Edited by Redwards
  • Like 3

Scott Turner did a really poor job with the play calling.  I understand he feels the need to keep his RB in to block but there should be some block and release plays in there. Expecting Heinicke to sit in the pocket and thread balls in 20 yards downfield is stupid. Need more screens, misdirections, etc.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, JSSkinz said:

I would put in Allen in if Heinicke doesn't have a good series coming out of the half, just something to get a spark.  Getting beat is one thing but getting embarrassed in front of a full house of fans is another, would hate to see the team lose its confidence and fall apart in these last 4 games.

allen is going to do anything. We have no receivers who can get open one on one. We have to keep guys in to protect and the Dallas d is just feasting on the predictability. 

11 minutes ago, MrJL said:

people talk about how you can't talk about the officials being to blame, but as far as I'm concerned whenever we have a bad game they always goout of their way to make it worse.  "Oh, Washington is sucking today, so that means that good play couldn't have happened.  Time to call it back"

yeah, we've playedd bad.  They're making it worse

lol. I can’t with this stuff. Do you think part of playing badly is being undisciplined maybe? You don’t get benefit of the doubt when you’re bad and sloppy and getting frustrated and more sloppy bc you’re getting killed. Plenty of bad calls across the league. Yes, including against us. 

• Like 4
  • Thumb down 1

2 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

McLaurin deserves better than this mess of an offense 

How can we stop being a mess if we get rid of or lose the parts of the offense that's not a mess?

We will and need to keep adding, keep learning and gain a whole lot of some health luck.   

5 minutes ago, clietas said:

Tell me again how this defense has played well today? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

They've been pretty up and down, though they have managed to hold Dallas to FGs on 3 drives when they were in the red zone. Dallas offense has 3 FGs and 1 TD. That along with Dallas dropping 2 additonal interceptions means this game could have been even worse than it is now. Which is really pathetic.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, profusion said:

Cowboys are bad.

If WFT was playing a good team, they'd be behind 40-0.

We played 3 good teams, and I don't include Seattle in that.  And we won. But we won by controlling the LOS on both sides of the ball.  The O line is getting killed. Antonio Gibson is getting swallowed up.  Heinike does not play well without a run game and without decent protection. It is all lacking. You can see that the Dallas cowboys plan is shut down the run game, force him to throw, and put massive pressure on him and we win.

The sad part is that Dak is not playing that great. He has thrown 1 INT and two others that should have been picked. But their D is dominating our O line. 

• Like 1

Just now, KDawg said:

How fast we forget Tim Hasselbeck.

Hell, Brunell vs. Tampa was almost as bad. But at least he was gimpy by the 2005 playoffs (and Gibbs mistakenly went with him.  To the tune of 41 yards passing, a pick and under 50 percent completion percentage)

1 minute ago, BraveWarrior said:

TH is 2 for 12. I know it's not ALL on him, but maybe give Allen a shot in the 2nd half. TH is going to try forcing things to make a comeback. He's already made enough questionable throws.  

He's made some really awful decisions and throws into double n triple coverage.

• Like 1

Just now, Capsman said:

Scott Turner did a really poor job with the play calling.  I understand he feels the need to keep his RB in to block but there should be some block and release plays in there. Expecting Heinicke to sit in the pocket and thread balls in 20 yards downfield is stupid. Need more screens, misdirections, etc.  

Totally agree. I am not a fan of Turner. I think he’s at best mediocre. Today is getting completely outclassed and will have no answers in the second half. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Yeah I'm putting most of this on our offense.  We're atrocious there.

Agree.  I put most of it on our gameplan coming in.  Dallas has clearly planned on stacking the line to shut the run down and blitz a lot.  Perfect against our line.  They can't hold up against the pressure.  Would have hoped that Turner would have come in with a better plan instead of the same plan he has had for weeks.  Dallas game planned against our strengths the last few weeks and we did nothing to change it up.  Now it may be too late to do anything about it.