Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Washington Football Team vs Dallas Cowboys Prediction Thread: The Rivalry Is Reborn

skins island connection

Who Wins?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Raise Their Helmets In Victory?

• WFT
    • Cowboys

When: Sunday December 12th High Noon

Where: FedEx Field

For you yung-uns out there, this is what rivalry football is all about.

This Sunday the WFT welcomes in the Dallas Cowboys for a renewed rivalry game, a game that will be the strongest test this year, for a few reasons.

1. A victory would prove to all that the WFT is for real. A loss will not be the end-all but will do some emotional damage in this chess game called division winner.

2. A potent offense as well as a pretty good defense will be a challenge to the WFT secondary. Can they handle it?

The Cowboys are 8-4 and the WFT is 6-6.

Dallas leads the all time head-to-head 73-47-2. The 2 ties actually happened way back in 61 & 62, and I doubt there will be a tie in this game. The Redskins own the Cowboys in playoff games, and one never knows what may transpire at the end of the season, they coyuld very well end up playing each other once more. 

WFT is 2-3 in the last 5, the 2 wins coming off a sweep last year against Dallas.

The Cowboys are coming off an extended time off after beating the Saints in New Orleans 27-17, not a dominating game by Dallas and the Saints were injury-riddled, but hey a game is a game.

The Cowboys are ranked 3rd in total offense and 10th in total defense. I guess it helps to play against beat up teams not going anywhere, but make no

bones about it, Dak Prescott, Ezekiel Elliott, Lamb, Gallup and the rest of the receiving corp are a formidable group but Pollard is the one that makes me a little nervous.

The Saints held their own for the first half but just couldn't keep up the pace in the 2nd half, as the Dallas defense clamped down on the Saints.

The Cowboys are well rested and i'm sure every one of them watched the WFT/Raiders game, and scratched their heads in disbelief at how McCain got away with the no-call late in the game which all but sealed it up for Washington.

So, this past Sunday the WFT traveled out to VEGAS BABY, and pulled off a win against a scrappy Raiders team.

Taylor Heinicke keeps on doing it week after week, making some spectacular plays and a head scratcher or 2, but thats his modus operandi. { M.O. }, but once again leading a drive with little time left to get into FG range for our 4th kicker to nail the eventual game winner.

Seeing Logan Thomas back, making a spectacular one-handed snag in the endzone for the first WFT score, but later in the game he ended up suffering a season-ending ACL/MCL tear, which is a huge blow to the offense.

Being without McKissic, it was Gibson providing the most on the ground, going 23-88 and protecting the ball, which he's been doing a good job of lately.

Defensively, it may not look pretty but they get the job done. Ioannidis, Allen and James smith Williams all getting to the Raiders QB.

The secondary did a pretty good job, but as it seems in every game, there's always a WR so wide open it makes me wonder how this can still be happening. Late in the game, McCain got away with an almost sure DPI or holding call but the ref kept the flag in his pocket, as I sat there waiting for the ref to make up his mind to throw it super late, but it never did happen. Whew! 

So, this is what the best rivalry in pro football looks like. both teams doing ok, fighting for postseason play and/or playoff position.

Washington vs Dallas.  It doesn't get any better than this. Both teams hate each other, and they both seem to bring their game up a notch when playing each other, and i'm sure it will be the Fox Game of the Week, so we all get to be blessed with the cowboy fanboys Troy Aikman and Joe Buck { barf }. A WFT win against the Cowboys with these 2 asshats announcing the game makes a victory that much sweeter.

A WFT win will not put them in the NFC East lead but it will bring them within a game with a handful of games left to go, and with the NFL anything can happen.

Look for a hard fought game, look for some big plays on both sides by both teams, they never seem to disappoint. 

Will the Cowboy offense be too much for the DC to handle?

Will Heinicke continue his 'never give up' mentality?

Will the Dallas defense shut down the WFT offense?

Will the WFT defense be too much for Dak to manage?

All of these questions and more will be answered by 3 p.m. this Sunday.

When the dust settles and the spurs fall to the ground,

this might be the game where the WFT comes up short. { i've been going against them for a few weeks now and they keep winning, so }

Final Score:

WFT 19

Cowboys 27

First correct score prediction wins a nice Riggins or Cooley fan jersey.

Good luck, and lets get this thing done!

Edited by skins island connection

Just noticed that we’ll have (at least) three straight games against opponents with extended rest. Vegas played on Thanksgiving day and we played on Monday night so they had four extra days.  Dallas played on Thursday and will have three extra days. After that we have Philadelphia coming off a bye. Really got screwed by the schedule makers. 

edit- I expect Dallas to win. They’ve got some good playmakers on defense and a few good weapons on offense. Washington can still make a run down the stretch but I don’t expect a win in this particular game. 

Dallas 24

WFT 16 

Edited by skinsfan_1215

I don't think WFT is winning a 19-17 or 17-15 type game this week.  All those "nice drives" won't matter unless they end in touchdowns this week.  I think the defense will still look pretty good in spots & stretches of the game, but Dallas has a roster full of weapons that will test every hole remaining on the defense. 

5 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Yeah, the NFL schedulers went out of their way to really make Washington's life difficult. From the fact that we were scheduled against every Superbowl contender to the these crazy disparities in travel and giving our opponents extra rest.

The actual opponents we play is pre determined in advance but yeah they definitely boned us having us play so many teams off long rest. Even when we had our bye our opponent was also coming off a bye, neutralizing any advantage we might have.

But at the end of the day, there are no excuses. This is pro football. Go out and win.

• Like 2

Biggest game since the end of 2012.  If they get Collins and Sweat, that would really help against the Dal@ss offense.  Heinicke cannot make bad throws against their ball-hawking defense.  Diggs will catch those INTs.  Division games are always close.  If they can keep doing what they've been doing on offense and defense, this is definitely a winnable game.  

10 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

The actual opponents we play is pre determined in advance but yeah they definitely boned us having us play so many teams off long rest. Even when we had our bye our opponent was also coming off a bye, neutralizing any advantage we might have.

But at the end of the day, there are no excuses. This is pro football. Go out and win.

It's off long rest, plus three road games in a row to end the season, plus the way they stacked that gauntlet at the beginning. This season was a mess. The good news is it was one long series of playoffs so we should be battle tested if we survive. The bad news is, we really weren't ready to play a 17 game playoff march.

• skins island connection changed the title to Washington Football Team vs Dallas Cowboys Prediction Thread: The Rivalry Is Reborn