Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at Carolina: You Cam Go Home Again

TK

Just now, zskins said:

Was thinking the same. Have the rules changed now?

Refs got admonished for the flag against Cassius Marsh. They're thinking twice about throwing unsportsmanlike flags... Instead they are focusing on throwing false start penalties where there are none.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

I thought it interesting about practice. We're seeing less broken plays and more good throws. I like that growth.

i agree, but it will still take a lot more time to know what is to be ongoing and what is just transitory and we have the familiar up and down deal we've seen so many times with qbs we want to be the guy but haven't been

• Like 1

Just now, Jumbo said:

i agree, but it will still take a lot more time to know what is to be ongoing and what is just transitory and we have the familiar up and down deal we've seen so many times with qbs we want to be the guy but haven't been

That's definitely true. I'm just happy that dude didn't poop his pants in the spotlight. 

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The Eagles are going to make the playoffs.  

They have a ****cat schedule remaining and are playing fairly well.

Eh, I just vomited in my mouth.  

They still have to play us twice. We can knock them out and take their place instead. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Heinicke has played well in the past so that’s not surprising. But he is playing better than I’ve seen with zip on the short balls. He actually seems to have a live arm in the short to intermediate range and lacking a deep ball arm. His velocity is solid.

I think its more so the coaching staff(mostly Turner, who I think TH is making look good right now fitting in tight throws on poor plays) thought they should transform him into their QB(AKA bad) and found that wasnt working.  So they went back to just letting him play like he wants to.  

He reminds me a lot of what I saw from Cousins in the year before he broke out.  He will make mistakes.  But I dont care about that, I want to see good positive plays made by a playmaker.  Growing into a great NFL QB is about being a playmaker, not a safe game manager.  Some QBs never make plays, but dont make as many mistakes, and fans weirdly hope they turn into something because they throw few INTs.  But they never will, because their ceiling is really low.  With a QB who makes plays you can see how high the ceiling is, which is what I saw with Cousins.  You just know in order to truly make it they have to reduce the bad plays and mistakes to a manageable or better level.  But their ceilings and how good they can be is way higher. 

Im not saying Heinicke will make a great career in the NFL and be a top starter for years to come.  But to me he clearly shows the ability to do what most NFL QBs still cant, and the determining factor to him making it is just consistency.  That will be up to him and his determination, not to fans on a message board, and I do get the feeling hes got loads of determination, ala Trent Green.  Any fan who looks at what he has done in less than a year of starting and counts him out, bashes him after a loss, or is already looking to the next QB is an absolute fool in my mind.

• Like 1