Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Steve Bannon indicted (again) on two counts of contempt of Congress. Update: Indicted again in NY for money laundering, conspiracy.

Cooked Crack

22 hours ago, China said:

Even if he gets the maximum, it still doesn't compel him to talk.  It's not like civil contempt where they can be held until they decide to change their minds.

Combined with a failure to think creatively and you’re right. Now if they G. Gordon Liddy’d his ass, he’d sing like a canary within an hour or two.

“What’s that mean?”, said the not yet old farts. Well, they can only sentence him as described, but they could specify where and under what conditions it’s served. Two hours in a max security genpop and he’d squeal like a pig. One way or another.  😃

That strategy didn’t work with Liddy because he was a nut job badass, but my money says Bannon is no Liddy. 

Edited by The Sisko
  • Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

On 11/13/2021 at 10:11 AM, Ball Security said:

Is that true?  He’s facing one charge of not turning in documents.  If he didn’t turn over docs abc, can they additionally charge him if he doesn’t turn in docs def?

I'm wondering this myself. I haven't seen/read anything. The only thing I heard this morning is Bannon will go to jail & still not have to appear or handover the requested info. I'd like to see them continue to charge him, he refuses, he gets convicted, he goes (or stays) in jail. 

• 4 weeks later...

The only thing this situation is exposing is how inadequate congresses’ ability to hold the President accountable really is.  Everyone of Trumps people can simply refuse to cooperate.  This causes an endless delay due to the glacial pace of the process, and they risk only trivial penalties in doing so.  

• Like 4

• 8 months later...

NEW YORK — Stephen K. Bannon is expected to surrender to state prosecutors on Thursday to face a new criminal indictment, people familiar with the matter said, weeks after he was convicted of contempt of Congress and nearly two years after he received a federal pardon from President Donald Trump in a federal fraud case. 

The precise details of the state case could not be confirmed Tuesday evening. But people familiar with the situation, speaking on the condition of anonymity to discuss a sealed indictment, suggested the prosecution will likely mirror aspects of the federal case in which Bannon was pardoned. 

In that indictment, prosecutors alleged that Bannon and several others defrauded contributors to a private, $25 million fundraising effort, called “We Build the Wall,” taking funds that donors were told would support construction of a barrier along the U.S.-Mexico border.

Edited by Cooked Crack
  • Like 3
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

• Cooked Crack changed the title to Steve Bannon indicted (again) on two counts of contempt of Congress. Update: Indicted again again now in New York state.
  • Cooked Crack changed the title to Steve Bannon indicted (again) on two counts of contempt of Congress. Update: Indicted again in NY for money laundering, conspiracy.
8 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Money laundering in the 1st degree is some pretty serious ****. That's up to 25 years. Homeboy may die in prison. Only person who deserves that more is Trump himself.

Stop it. I'm at work. I cant walk around like this.....

• Haha 7

12 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Why is he out on bail? He needs to be in jail until his trial because he keeps riling up the magats for war against the United States.

My biggest question: How do these people see guys like Trump/Bannon etc. get investigated or charged with crimes REPEATEDLY and think, "The dems are out to get them. Harrassment." The smoke billows out every week but they can't see fire. Law enforcement entities charge people because they have evidence. They convict people because they have proof. Not to Trumpers though. It's all just "made up."

Bannon defrauds them for MILLIONS of dollars right in front of their faces but they see no crime at all. When he first started that "wall fund" thing I remember thinking "How can Steve Bannon, just a regular citizen even get those funds DIRECTED to something as governmental as building a border wall? Trumpers never even asked themselves that question. Now he's going to criminal trial over it and they STILL don't make any connection to a crime that was apparent from the beginning right up to the moment we found out he was sailing around the world on a brand new YACHT! 

The willful, dedicated ignorance used to be funny but now it's just terrifying. It's a fanatical religion. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 5