Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dream Coach

RVAskins

When Ron Rivera was hired as the head coach I thought he was a great choice. He may still turn things around but he's made some questionable decisions. To be fair, any coach that comes to this dumpster fire of a team has his work cut out for him.

Having said that, if you could hire any current head coach, who would you hire?

My choice would be Sean Payton. I think he's one of the better coaches in the NFL. He  gets the most out of his players and coaches to their strength. His carrier record is 157 - 91 (.663).

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

22 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

Thats simple; Sean McVay.

He's young, creative, recognizes talent, and naturally we let him walk. 

for once i'd like to see a HC who doesn't hire family members on just because they refuse to work at McDonalds, and that goes for his assistants as well.

This is who I was thinking as well.

Noone.   You could go back in time and bring 80's Peak Gibbs back to the future and he wouldn't be successful.  No coach will be successful here. 

Accept the fact- noone can succeed under the ownership of TanDan Snyder. 

Maybe Reid and Payton match Gibbs 4 year output but they won't be as successful, as their previous stop.

It is structurally bake in, Snyder teams will fail. 

• Like 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

14 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Noone.   You could go back in time and bring 80's Peak Gibbs back to the future and he wouldn't be successful.  No coach will be successful here. 

Accept the fact- noone can succeed under the ownership of TanDan Snyder. 

Maybe Reid and Payton match Gibbs 4 year output but they won't be as successful, as their previous stop.

It is structurally bake in, Snyder teams will fail. 

Yep.  Systemic failism.

I'm fine with who we have. Ron and MartyCo are the only respectable thing we've got. Last season was to inspect the ship. This year they're raising it from the dead, which turned out to be harder than they thought and next season it should start getting turned around.

If we have 2 average seasons and 1 really good one over the next 3 years, it'll be the best we've had in a long time and hopefully we'll have a young QB and something to build on down the road.

I think its good to have a respected veteran coach to navigate all the garbage and sewage this franchise has been drowning in recently. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, MassSkinsFan said:

No one. I’d exhume Vince Lombardi and reanimate his corpse. Even if reanimating failed, it would be an upgrade. 

I’d be really psyched if he turned into a zombie and went after Dan “Tiny Dancer” Snyder. 

Got us our first winning season in 14 years the last time, but it killed him.

7 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'm fine with who we have. Ron and MartyCo are the only respectable thing we've got. Last season was to inspect the ship. This year they're raising it from the dead, which turned out to be harder than they thought and next season it should start getting turned around.

They're gonna need a Necromancer then!

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

The issue shouldn't be the coach - the first priority should be hiring a legit top notch GM and letting him hire the coach.  The 2 GMs El Dano hired were both proven failures with miserable draft records before they were hired here.

After 2 decades, Snyder is still stuck in the same pattern - hire an unproven offensive guy in hopes that he's the next Gibbs, undermine him when he starts failing rather than realizing no one could succeed with the roster provided, than to blunt criticism, hire an established over the hill coach and grant him complete authority over personnel...at which point everyone says "finally Snyder has learned" ...even though he's just following the same predictable pattern.

Ron will get two more years, be fired, Mayhew will likely be named GM, and some OC will be named coach. After 2 or three years he will be fired, and somebody like Cowher or Rex Ryan will be brought in as dual HC/GM...and on and on.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

The issue shouldn't be the coach - the first priority should be hiring a legit top notch GM and letting him hire the coach.  The 2 GMs El Dano hired were both proven failures with miserable draft records before they were hired here.

After 2 decades, Snyder is still stuck in the same pattern - hire an unproven offensive guy in hopes that he's the next Gibbs, undermine him when he starts failing rather than realizing no one could succeed with the roster provided, than to blunt criticism, hire an established over the hill coach and grant him complete authority over personnel...at which point everyone says "finally Snyder has learned" ...even though he's just following the same predictable pattern.

Ron will get two more years, be fired, Mayhew will likely be named GM, and some OC will be named coach. After 2 or three years he will be fired, and somebody like Cowher or Rex Ryan will be brought in as dual HC/GM...and on and on.

Exactly. I want us to be like the other successful teams in the league.

Hire a young up and coming personnel guy, preferably someone with an analytics background, like the guys running Buffalo and Tennessee. Let that guy hire the coach.

• Like 2