Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Most bone-headed action by Washington QB?

The Rook

Most bone-headed action by Washington QB?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. I'm sure I am forgetting some, but strikes you as the most bone-headed play or action by Washington QB? Has someone overtaken Gus Frerotte?

• Gus Frerotte - sprained his neck head-butting a wall
    • RG3 - diving outstretched for the end zone and "tossing" ball through it
    • Kirk Cousins - taking a knee instead of spiking the ball at the end of the half
    • Dwayne Haskins - taking selfie with fans when needed on field
    • Dwayne Haskins - the COVID party
    • Taylor Heinicke - doing the Lambeau Leap after not scoring a TD

You know the Kirk hate runs deep when the first 2 votes are for him in a game he won to get to the playoffs, the day after a bad loss in an awful season, where Heineke takes a knee and doesn't extend for a TD, does a Lambeau leap, TD gets overturned, gets another chance and then fumbles immediately on the goal line and team doesn't score.  🤣

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Obviously Gus is first. No doubt here, as he say to his kids nowadays: "I'll be on ESPN forever". So it's an easy pick.

Putting this asides, I would say the most boneheaded play comes Haskins. Taking selfie with fans while your team is on the field is even worse than Kirk putting a knee down for whatever reason... Even if what Kirk did was stupid.

On this one Haskins clearly proves he never had his head in football at all.

The Kirk thing wasn't even his fault (confirmed by Gruden, who called a play of which Jackson and Garcon refused to run) in a primetime game that he never won, against a division rival on the road where he always choked, and put up garbage time stats in a 38-24 win.  

46 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Haha we have a lotta cousins haters on this board, yeah I guess he took the knee before half he also ended up winning that game....

Jay Gruden provided some color to this  w/ Sheehan this past offseason...

“That was Pierre [Garcon] and DeSean [Jackson’s] fault,” Gruden said, via the Washington Post. “Kirk took a lot of heat for that, but that was all on — I can finally say it — that was Pierre and DeSean. They were two peas in a pod, now. That’s for a whole other podcast.”

Gruden elaborated, explaining that Garcon objected to his play-call of a back-shoulder fade and wouldn’t set up for the play. Jackson did the same, and Cousins was unsure of what to do, and took a knee as a result.

“We had six seconds to go in the half, so we had time for just a back-shoulder fade, complete or incomplete and kick the field goal…” Gruden said. “I want to run the [clock] down and take a shot at a touchdown, what the heck? Pierre hated back-shoulder fades, he hated them. He said, ‘If you call a fade, the ball should be 42 yards over my outside shoulder, that’s the way Peyton Manning threw it [in Indianapolis], that’s the way I want it.’”

“So he stood there, like three yards from a tackle, in a stance like he’s not gonna run it,” Gruden said. “DeSean is standing there like, ‘Just kick the field goal.’ Kirk panicked, he had nothing to do, so he just took a knee and that was the end of the half. I’ve never seen a receiver actually turn down an opportunity to score a touchdown, which is what happened on that play. Unbelievable.”

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I chose Kirk taking the knee, and i dont hate him. I like when he and the Vikings win games (in fact, I’ll be the biggest Kirk/Vikings fan on Halloween...). Just because someone chooses that, doesn’t mean they hate him. To claim that, is silly. 

I chose Kirk taking the knee BECAUSE I hate him. I am petty AF. I don't root for him, I actively root for him to fail. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

21 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Jay Gruden provided some color to this  w/ Sheehan this past offseason...

I don't get that explanation at all. It just makes the situation more confounding.

If you don't know what to do, you don't take the worst possible action that takes points off the board.

Even if your WRs refuse to do something, that does not give free reign for Cousins to take a knee.

Giving him a pass and blaming it on the Wrs here is like giving a basketball player a mulligan after he threw down a windmill dunk on his own basket b/c his teammates were out of position.

I vote covid party since that one had large possible ramifications for the team beyond Haskins, even if it didn't result in an outbreak.

Edited by FootballZombie