Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Most bone-headed action by Washington QB?

The Rook

Most bone-headed action by Washington QB?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. I'm sure I am forgetting some, but strikes you as the most bone-headed play or action by Washington QB? Has someone overtaken Gus Frerotte?

• Gus Frerotte - sprained his neck head-butting a wall
    • RG3 - diving outstretched for the end zone and "tossing" ball through it
    • Kirk Cousins - taking a knee instead of spiking the ball at the end of the half
    • Dwayne Haskins - taking selfie with fans when needed on field
    • Dwayne Haskins - the COVID party
    • Taylor Heinicke - doing the Lambeau Leap after not scoring a TD

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Yeah, but he didn't LITERALLY knock himself out of the game by giving himself a concussion.

I think if Gus hadn't concussed himself, then you could argue with a variety of other dumb plays. 

But when your celebration results in a self-inflicted concussion and having to miss a half of football?  I mean, you cannot make this stuff up.  Jeff Hostetler had to come in and play.  

TH's was stupid.  But it's kindof like the dummies who drop the ball at the 1 yard line as a fumble before actually scoring, which has happened a few times.  Completely stupid.  

But not the "I'm going to knock myself out" level of stupid. 

Oh I wasn't saying that TH's was worse than the Gus Bus. I voted for Gus. I was just saying that I think it was the Lambeau Leap that put TH's play into this vote category in general.

The thing about the Gusv head butt is that it's such an abnormal celebration. All the other stuff you can kinda excuse because they're things that normal people do. When the stripper party is something guys do normally when we're not in a pandemic. But who head butts a wall. The moment he did it the announcers we're like what is he doing. It may have been that day that we became the WTF team

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

The thing about the Gusv head butt is that it's such an abnormal celebration. All the other stuff you can kinda excuse because they're things that normal people do. When the stripper party is something guys do normally when we're not in a pandemic. But who head butts a wall. The moment he did it the announcers we're like what is he doing. It may have been that day that we became the WTF team

If I remember correctly, this score had come after a drought of the team not scoring a touchdown and Gus was taking a beating by the press and the fans.  It seemed like a self-celebration especially done without the fans.  Sort of an act of "I showed them!"

Strangely similar to Kirk's "You like that?!" moment after he had been blistered by the press and fans.

:229:The Rook

1 hour ago, The Rook said:

If I remember correctly, this score had come after a drought of the team not scoring a touchdown and Gus was taking a beating by the press and the fans.  It seemed like a self-celebration especially done without the fans.  Sort of an act of "I showed them!"

Strangely similar to Kirk's "You like that?!" moment after he had been blistered by the press and fans.

:229:The Rook

Yeah, but it's like I could see him beating his chest. Ok that's something. Dunking on a goalpost ok. Lambaugh leap? Why not. But to do this unheard of thing and risk injuring yourself , and we know this was a risk because the announcers said so immediately after, like what is he doing. Then he's hurt as they predicted. It was so weird. Then offense goes stale again and we tie.