Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

3 hours ago, Zim489 said:

So whos our QB next year? As we seem to play our way out of a draft pick? Unless Dan is gone no one is signing or being ok to trade here. What rando on a last chance? 

Dont say Taylor. What we watched today was one of the most inept QB displays I have seen in a long time. 

Some loser that can join a long list of others losers. Most likely someone that won't find a starting job elsewhere or even again after his time in Washington.

• Like 2

The long term qb isn’t on the roster.

Carson, Taylor are short term solutions.

Carson unless he has a turnaround when he comes back; is done in the nfl as a starter. Being dropped by 3 teams in 3 years; no one will give him a starting job.  Also, Carson is only effective with a good oline which we don’t have.

Taylor isn’t a long term solution. On a short term basis against weaker or equal opponents; he can reel in some wins but against the better opponents, he won’t be as effective.

Sam won’t be getting a shot anytime soon. Not this year or next.

We move on from Carson,we are getting another vet. Ron isn’t going waste time with a rookie.

If the team really gets sold in the next 2 years; that long term qb won’t be acquired until the new owner has his people in control. Considering the new owner would be approved likely to late to change things his first year; it would be year 2.

1 hour ago, SoCalSkins said:

He’s gonna beat Minny, Texans and sweep the Giants. 

If we beat Minny, it will be due to Cousins.

Carson could be starting by the Texans game.   Heini is only playing until Carson is off ir.

I don’t care who the qb is; this team isn’t sweeping the Giants. They will beat us at least once.

Edited by 88Comrade2000

Team is 1-4?  Lets talk about how hopeless things are.  Guy comes in and win 2 games yet again, has the love of his teammates, puts the team back into position to win a wild-card spot, "He was so bad for playing and winning that game like I didnt want, who can we get next year?"  "What the hell do Jonathan Allen and Terry McLaurin and the other captains know over me the forum guy?"

TH is a baller, and has brought more joy to the actual fans of this team than just about anyone else the last decade.  The ones who have excused Dan and his behavior seem to oddly be the ones most upset about that.

10 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

If we beat Minny, it will be due to Cousins.

Carson could be starting by the Texans game.   Heini is only playing until Carson is off ir.

I don’t care who the qb is; this team isn’t sweeping the Giants. They will beat us at least once.

Ah, Comrade, Putin is most pleased with these "reasonable" propagandas.  

You definitely have toed the party line quite well and will be greatly rewarded.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thumb up 1

7 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

The long term qb isn’t on the roster.

Carson, Taylor are short term solutions.

Carson unless he has a turnaround when he comes back; is done in the nfl as a starter. Being dropped by 3 teams in 3 years; no one will give him a starting job.  Also, Carson is only effective with a good oline which we don’t have.

Taylor isn’t a long term solution. On a short term basis against weaker or equal opponents; he can reel in some wins but against the better opponents, he won’t be as effective.

Sam won’t be getting a shot anytime soon. Not this year or next.

We move on from Carson,we are getting another vet. Ron isn’t going waste time with a rookie.

If the team really gets sold in the next 2 years; that long term qb won’t be acquired until the new owner has his people in control. Considering the new owner would be approved likely to late to change things his first year; it would be year 2.

The team’s future franchise QB…..  Arch Manning (he’s still in high school)😉

9AB76068-17C6-4AF2-A2D4-82370CE3F177.jpeg

Edited by ananoman

There is zero reason to keep Carson Wentz around. I am not sure why anyone would entertain it. He is making the same mistakes he made in Indy and Ph. The line and team around him are not the main issue. He is. I don't care if he wants to play for free. You are not helping your team keeping him around. Let him go be someone elses headachce. It costs nothing to let him walk. 

TH is a nice story but cannot be the long term soultion and I don't think anyone really thinks that. There may be a few overly enomoured with the last two wins against bad opponenets where the D an ground game really won the games. But he will come back to earth against better competition, likely next week against Minn. He did exactly that last year. He had the 4 gm winning streak then fell apart.  Load the box, get pressure on him and take away the outlets. He is toast. Yes he may make a few plays but better teams will make that nearly impossible. 

Sam Howell needs a chance unless somehow TH goes on a PO run. Playing Sam mostly says if you can let TH and Wentz go or if vyou need to try and resign TH as the backup. It's unlikly Sam Howell is the long term QB1 answer but he could give you a cheaper version of TH with a better arm as a back-up. 

Either way the team should be drafting QB early in the first rd no matter how they get there.

Edited by goskins10
  • Like 2

TH is the antithesis of a Dan Snyder QB

Dan is enamored with the big splashy name, the high draft choice pedigree.  And  what we get are has beens, busts, and guys that play with no heart.

TH is an off the streets guy, the no name UDFA  XFL backup that plays with a ton of heart and gives his all to try and win a game despite his limitations.

hard not to root for this guy.

Edited by ananoman
  • Like 3

Heinicke is a great story plays with a lot of heart and is clutch. But he also has below average arm strength, below average size, below average accuracy.

Wentz to me right now is a pure pocket passer but without a pure passers accuracy or pocket presence. 

Either Howell ends up the answer or we are QB shopping for the zillionith time 

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Heinicke is a great story plays with a lot of heart and is clutch. But he also has below average arm strength, below average size, below average accuracy.

Wentz to me right now is a pure pocket passer but without a pure passers accuracy or pocket presence. 

Pretty much sums it up for me.

11 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

The one guy who has had a winning record as a starter in recent memory. You aren’t getting the super model. Stick with the cute girl next door. Heinicke isn’t that bad. 

Mahomes, Allen, Jackson, burrow those are your super models.

Stafford, cousins, hurts, Murray, those are your cute girls next door.

Tannehill, garrapalo, Lawrence, those are your average girls.

Heinicke is the ugly girl with a good personality.

In this analogy he's very far from the cute girl next door.

• Koolblue13 changed the title to The Official QB Thread- The Time is Howell, The Finger of Wentz and Tay Tay is a Ney Ney
13 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Huh? Heinicke didn’t start 4-0 last year 😂 which team were YOU watching? 

week 2 Vs giants: W

week 3 @ bills: L

week 4 @ falcons: W

week 5 Vs saints: L

He started off 2-2. 

I made a mistake. I was remimbering he had a 4 gm winning streak. Forgot it was later in the season. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Peregrine said:

Team is 1-4?  Lets talk about how hopeless things are.  Guy comes in and win 2 games yet again, has the love of his teammates, puts the team back into position to win a wild-card spot, "He was so bad for playing and winning that game like I didnt want, who can we get next year?"  "What the hell do Jonathan Allen and Terry McLaurin and the other captains know over me the forum guy?"

You've been a fan a long time, aren't you tired of the endless cycle of either being atrocious or being below average and getting a few gritty wins to give us some Lloyd Christmas level of hope?

It's been this way for 3 decades. 

I'm not in the camp that wants to lose, I only get that way when we're mathematically eliminated from the playoffs and there's no reason to win.

It certainly feels better to win than lose but I absolutely refuse to get excited by a team that has beaten a few bad teams in very ugly fashion with a quarterback who is chucking up lollipops like he's in the Thanksgiving day parade.

The 49ers the rams the bucs the Bengals, those are all teams that are at or around. 500 that should have hope they can put something together.

If we beat the Vikings and eagles next two weeks I'll eat the biggest plate of crow the world has ever seen and I'll join the rest of you in hoping we can get into the playoffs.

But until that highly unlikely event occurs I'm gonna keep expecting the inevitable to happen and that is bad losses to teams that are simply much better than us.

That's right koolblue I said the eagles are better than us, rub it in and its go time.

Lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

RG3 also said if TH continues to win, you stay with the hot hand until that fails.  I think winning is a hard ask with Minny and Eagles coming up but we'll see.

Edited by HigSkin

Man oh man... I have not been here in a long time and this still feels so Campbell/Collins/CB5 or the Griffin/Cousins saga. Ill stick to my original thoughts and that is NO QB will thrive behind a porous O-line. THe problem is the owner and his preference for flashy pick, rather than boring ones to build a stout front. A stout front can make a mid QB look great, and a great QB look legendary... but its not just there... you do need hustlers at the skill positions. not studs, but gy who will paly off script on a QB scramble and get open... not guys that finish their routes and sit still. We have some of that now. WOrk on the O-line before those guys leave the team.

• Like 5
  • Thumb down 1