Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

8 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

So whos our QB next year? As we seem to play our way out of a draft pick? Unless Dan is gone no one is signing or being ok to trade here. What rando on a last chance? 

Dont say Taylor. What we watched today was one of the most inept QB displays I have seen in a long time. 

Taylor still did enough to win the game.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

So whos our QB next year? As we seem to play our way out of a draft pick? Unless Dan is gone no one is signing or being ok to trade here. What rando on a last chance? 

Dont say Taylor. What we watched today was one of the most inept QB displays I have seen in a long time. 

My guess is we cut Wentz and draft someone in the 1st(probably via trade up since we're gonna play our way out of a top 10 pick). Heinicke is brought back to compete with the rookie for the starting job. Howell sticks around as the developmental 3rd string.

Like others have said, I don't trust this regime to develop a QB either, but it is what it is.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

We could always draft a guy like Trevor Lawrence #1 who was a can't miss prototype according to all the experts.  LOL

5 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Qb for next year could be available 

Derrick Carr

Ryan Tanahill

Daniel Jones 

I think it's to early to say. I would not bring back Wentz on anything more then 5 millon contract. I think we draft someone bring a combination of Wentz and Heinicke back.

Ron will go after a veteran QB. He absolutely has to make the playoffs in 23. A rookie qb won’t do that. Sam Howell won’t do that. We are going with a new veteran and Sam. Maybe sign someone to be backup, only way TH comes back.

If Carson reverses his poor play when he comes back; he could return in 23. 

You can give Heinicke all the credit you want for the win today, and I will grant you he has guts and heart, but if you are hinging the future of the QB position on a guy whose claim to faim is checking up 50/50 balls to WRs then we are setting the bar very low.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

You can give Heinicke all the credit you want for the win today, and I will grant you he has guts and heart, but if you are hinging the future of the QB position on a guy whose claim to faim is checking up 50/50 balls to WRs then we are setting the bar very low.  

The one guy who has had a winning record as a starter in recent memory. You aren’t getting the super model. Stick with the cute girl next door. Heinicke isn’t that bad. 

• Thanks 1

I want to see what Howell can do this season. I don't care about Ws & Ls. The team is going nowhere. We know we we have in TH. We pretty much know that Wentz at his current salary doesn't work. Plus, it's stupid to lose a 2nd round pick on a QB that isn't the answer. 

Give Howell a 4 game window to see what he can & can't do. Make a move in 2023 based on his play. 

Today's win only prolongs this agony...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

friend, the bar isn't being set low. the bar has been welded and set.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, EmirOfShmo said:

I want to see what Howell can do this season. I don't care about Ws & Ls. The team is going nowhere. We know we we have in TH. We pretty much know that Wentz at his current salary doesn't work. Plus, it's stupid to lose a 2nd round pick on a QB that isn't the answer. 

Give Howell a 4 game window to see what he can & can't do. Make a move in 2023 based on his play. 

Today's win only prolongs this agony...

3 wins in a row and TH seals his record as a winning starting QB and you’re saying W’s don’t matter. That’s how you end up with Jim Zorn and Jason Campbell. You are basically a combination of Snyder and Cerrato. Learn to pound coors light cans and you might replace Jason Wright  and the Martys.

Edited by SoCalSkins

3 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

3 wins in a row and TH seals his record as a winning starting QB and you’re saying W’s don’t matter. That’s how you end up with Jim Zorn and Jason Campbell. You are basically a combination of Snyder and Cerrato. Learn to pound coors light cans and you might replace Jason Wright  and the Martys.

Cool story... If I give you a cookie can I be the HC? Coors Light sucks. Oh, and Coors should be capitalized - it's a company. 

5 minutes ago, EmirOfShmo said:

Cool story... If I give you a cookie can I be the HC? Coors Light sucks. Oh, and Coors should be capitalized - it's a company. 

Only people who suck are fans pissed off we are back to .500 and on a 3 game win streak.  Put your left hand up!!!

• Thumb down 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

Only people who suck are fans pissed off we are back to .500 and on a 3 game win streak.  Put your left hand up!!!

LMFAO....We got us "The Official, I Do Declare, Greatest Fan of All Time" telling people who they are. Bless his/her heart...

• Haha 3

52 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

The one guy who has had a winning record as a starter in recent memory. You aren’t getting the super model. Stick with the cute girl next door. Heinicke isn’t that bad. 

Alex Smith doesn’t exist, apparently.

51 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Dude. You are in here as of this evening still arguing that giving Heinicke a 3yr/$30M extension would have been a good idea. You are not objective, bow out of speaking like some sort of mediating figure who’s just trying to be reasonable. 

• Like 1

posted this in the game day thread but probably makes sense to post here…

The bottom line is Heinicke is exactly what we have always said he was: scrappy, passionate, tough guy who knows who to lob the ball to. He’s going to be awful for stretches and good for stretches. He’s not a guy you want to be your guy long term but he’s a guy that has every trait you want in a QB except the arm. 

Yes, that is limiting and it makes it obvious he cant be the guy. He’s also fairly inaccurate at times. But… he wins games. I’m not always sure how I’m the **** it happens but it does. 

I like the guy’s personality and how he plays hard every play.

But he has a very limited arm.

Now is not the time for Howell. That was last week. Heinicke has two wins now. You legit can’t bench the guy at this point. 

If we’re not in it in week 11/12 switching the Howell makes sense. 

The thing that makes no sense though is playing Wentz again unless they are legitimately planning on running it back next year. Need to keep him under 75% snaps first and foremost. Second if we’re in it at that point it’s because of Heinicke’s effort (notice I’m not saying his play… but his effort is electric.) Why would we sit him? If we’re out of it we need to see Howell.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SoCalSkins said:

I mean these wins dont matter. THey dont matter when its obvious to anyone with a lick of modern football knowledge can see the fatal flaws of this team from FO, Coaching, to players on the team. 

This team is going no where 

58 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Do you have any idea why fans are mad? Like seriously? Or is it so far over your head? 

33 minutes ago, KDawg said:

But… he wins games. I’m not always sure how I’m the **** it happens but it does. 

LOL 😂...nobody does. It just happens lol...

Heinicke's not good enough to be consistent, and that goes beyond arm strength. But he...I dunno...sprinkles magic fairy dust in the huddle or something lol, and all of a sudden everyone's making plays at the end of the game. Others point out that he's 7-3 over his last 10 starts. That's unheard of around here, especially when we're starting Taylor "Hey, bro, wake up...the NFL wants you to start a playoff game" Heinicke.

EDIT: I had to go check and see when we last started a season 7-3...it was 1996 and the QB was Gus Frerotte lol. I know Heinicke's 10 starts are spread over 2 seasons, but that was the quickest and easiest way to compare (if not the most accurate). I honestly don't know how the **** he does it, like you said...then again, if we knew how he did it there wouldn't be any "legend of Taylor Heinicke" to one day tell our grandchildren about.

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated

6 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

We're not gonna win a Super Bowl. But I can't watch guys like McLaurin and Allen and Heinicke etc. etc. and be like "I must root for them to lose." These guys deserve support.

We can worry about the long term plans come March. The season is too short.

I agree. These guys deserve our support because they have shifted our entire season in a positive manner.

This looks like a completely different team than the one we saw vs. Detroit, for example.

Seems like TH is more than a backup QB with a non-bazooka arm. That's a good thing around here.