Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

We are seriously underestimating the possibility that the Colts might just be that dysfunctional, and that this trade could wind up blowing up in their face.  I am also 'meh' with regards to Ron's decision making when it comes to coaching and personnel, but as a leader?  I have high confidence that he could be the guy who can get through to Wentz.  Even if it's just for this year.

• Like 3

Interesting fact I learned today while watching one of the talking head sports shows:

Carson Wentz total QBR rank in 2021:

Weeks 1 to 3: Ranked 25th (team record 0-3)

Weeks 4-16: Ranked 1st (team record 9-3)

Weeks 17-18: Ranked DEAD LAST (team record 0-2)

Unfortunately weeks 17 and 18 were the weeks that he needed just one win to make the playoffs.

Let's hope the last two weeks were just an anomaly and he returns to his mid-season form in 2022.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Interesting fact I learned today while watching one of the talking head sports shows:

Carson Wentz total QBR rank in 2021:

Weeks 1 to 3: Ranked 25th

Weeks 4-16: Ranked 1st

Weeks 17-18: Ranked DEAD LAST

Unfortunately weeks 17 and 18 were the weeks he needed just 1 win to make the playoffs.

Let's hope the last two weeks were an anomaly and he returns to his mid-season form in 2022.

He got COVID and couldn’t practice before the week 17 game (LV).

• Like 2

He and Kirk Cousins refused to get the vaccine shot.  I am worried about his leadership abilities to lead a team.  The players liked Heinke last year.

I wonder if our defensive players will rally around Wentz or tell the Head Coach they want Heinke behind center if Wentz cops an attitude in the locker room.

Sheehan has a local Indy beat guy on his radio show right now, who is saying that the final two games are what made them want to get rid of Wentz.  Reading between the tea leaves, it seems like Irsay is impulsive and is largely the one behind this move.  Hopefully it blows up in his face.

Just now, veteranskinsfan said:

He and Kirk Cousins refused to get the vaccine shot.  I am worried about his leadership abilities to lead a team.  The players liked Heinke last year.

I wonder if our defensive players will rally around Wentz or tell the Head Coach they want Heinke behind center if Wentz cops an attitude in the locker room.

So did Chase Young.  A Captain on this team.  Repeatedly refused it.  

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 2

1 minute ago, veteranskinsfan said:

@Connaddressed this last night but there's a difference between players liking and respecting a player for giving their all and actually believing in their ability to play QB at a high level.  I'd place a large wager that much of the team is ecstatic about having a big boy QB and doesn't care one iota about the noise being pushed out there by Irsay and the gang.  I think it's rather clear that the 'he was hated' narrative is being pushed by the FO, as they were pissed that he wouldn't get vaccinated and see that it ruined their chances for the playoffs.  I can see why they would feel that way if I was them, but the narrative coming out of the locker room from the guys he actually played with hits much different.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

First part is a fair question. While the Colts may have **** the bed, it's clear Wentz had some locker-room issues in both Philly and Indy. I do think Ron is more a leader of men than Frank R. He may be the right guy to get Carson's head on straight. If so, he has the talent to be very good. I just never liked him and still do not. I believe his head will again get in his way. time will tell of course. 

Second part is never, and I repeat NEVER going to happen. Taylor Hienke is NOT a starter in the NFL. Even if some fans want to hold to the romanticism of the under dog tough little guy thing, the players know he is not a starter.  

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

@Connaddressed this last night but there's a difference between players liking and respecting a player for giving their all and actually believing in their ability to play QB at a high level.  I'd place a large wager that much of the team is ecstatic about having a big boy QB and doesn't care one iota about the noise being pushed out there by Irsay and the gang.  I think it's rather clear that the 'he was hated' narrative is being pushed by the FO, as they were pissed that he wouldn't get vaccinated and see that it ruined their chances for the playoffs.  I can see why they would feel that way if I was them, but the narrative coming out of the locker room from the guys he actually played with hits much different.

Also worth noting that going into this season, the whole covid protocols have completely changed from last season.  Vaccination status won't matter going into next year.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Packers game. Yeah.

That was the most egregious one, but there were a number of times where he slid a yard, yard-and-a-half before the 1st down marker--despite having it easily if he takes a few more steps.

5 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

This morning a reporter wrote the following about Wentz " Carson averages one turnover per game.  Based on 85 starts he had 57 interceptions and he lost

28 out of 66 fumbles.

Not directed at you personally, jsut putting this out there for more complete data: Many QBs average 1 TO a game. Here are few notables including a few being discussed for here before Wentz: 

Cousins - GS - 120 - TOs = 123 (91 int + 32 FL)

Carr - GS - 127  -  TOs = 121 (85 int + 36 FL)

Jimmy G - GS 47 - TOs = 47 (38 int + 9 FL)

Daniel Jones (love to throw him in) - GS 37 - TOs 49 (29int + 20 FL)

Matthew Stafford - GS - 182 - TOs = 196 (161 Int + 35 FL)

Russell Wilson - 151 GS - TOs= 112 (87 Int + 25 FL)

Mitchell Trubistky - GS - 50 TOs = 48 (38 ints + 10FL)

Aaron Rogers - GS - 206  TOs = 128 (93 Int + 35 FL)

There are few like Rogers and Russell Wilson, the top tier QBs, that have less. But 1 TO of a game from most starting QBs is about average. 

There are some legitimate concerns about Wentz, but this is not one of them as I see it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Things like this do make me feel better about Wentz:

This is seriously where we were heading and where we’ve lived for years. 
I get the idea that the only thing to shoot for is the top tier, win a Super Bowl guy mentality. 
but the two have to coexist here, we have to make incremental improvements to bring back a dead fan base. All the while searching for that franchise guy. Now will we be able to do that? I don’t know, but for now I’ll take our chances with an actual NFL QB. I’ve talked myself in to getting excited and at the end of the day, isn’t that what every fan wants? A chance 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, goskins10 said:

Second part is never, and I repeat NEVER going to happen. Taylor Hienke is NOT a starter in the NFL. Even if some fans want to hold to the romanticism of the under dog tough little guy thing, the players know he is not a starter.  

True but it's also quite probable that Heinicke makes the team and then will starts at anytime within the season when Carson Wentz gets injured.

• Like 1

I still hate the Wentz deal. It’s such a bad look from a 10k view. It’s reeks of desperation and shows that this franchise cares zero about making championships. Just about making a run at the wild card. The strive for mediocrity the last 20 years is exhausting

• Like 1