Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

23 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

I know next to nothing about the situation, so I’m not disagreeing with you here, but….

1) surely a team only trades for Murray if they work out a LTD?  

2) are you suggesting Murray only cares about playing under Kingsbury and not money, legacy, not letting teammates down or love of the game?

and therefore…

3) maybe we can just sign Kingsbury to take over as our qb coach or OC and then we can get Murray for peanuts :)

Heck, let’s offer AZ a 7th round pick for Kingsbury, lol

I do agree that he’s not an option of course… barring something absolutely crazy happening.

#1 directly relates to why I don’t think Murray is an option. LTD will be here to come by.

19 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Depends on the Benjamins.

AND....in 2019-2020, Robinson averaged 100 catches and 1200 yards between the two seasons. Guess who his QB was?

No, it doesn’t depend on the money. Cooper had a better offer here than Dallas. Where’d he go?

Perhaps I'm crazy, but the body language I saw from Kyler Murray as things went downhill for AZ at the end of the season, was not the kind of body language I want from my franchise QB.  Anecdotal obviously, as I'm judging solely off what I observed in a few games and what my Cardinals fan buddy tells me.  He looked like a pouter who blamed everyone but himself even when it was him who made a horrendous play.

I totally get why folks think they would give up our entire draft for the next 2 years because he's clearly an elite athlete that can make big time plays.  But there's just something amiss there for me and it wouldn't be a surprise to me if he hung it up in the name of baseball.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

This isn’t great.

If Russ doesn’t come (it’s not likely) then everyone knows now that the players (Allen wouldn’t say this out loud if other players didn’t believe it, too, and factor in Payne’s father’s comments about a QB) are unnerved by the QB situation.

Rivera and Mayhew already sold TH down the river in the end of season press conference. They tried to trade for Trubisky in October as well. TH is fully aware of what the perception of him, players included I’m sure. I don’t see that comment creating a bar that has to be set at QB either.

Edited by Est.1974
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I thought it was you but didn't go back and look at all the post you posted to find it.  Thanks for clearing it up and apologize for taking things out of context.  :) 

OK it wasn't out of context but its slightly different, not wildly different than what I said and I get why it could be taken the way you took it.  But that slight difference matters I think.  Pre-Senior bowl takes from Keim at least the way I interpreted them.

A.  I don't think they are zeroing in on a QB at 11 as the answer here.  They want to trade for a veteran, that's plan A by a mile and Keim thinks they will pull it off but he didn't say for whom but he does seem to think they likely pull off a veteran trade.

B.  If they do land a veteran, they are unlikely talking a Qb in the first round but instead would take a QB in the 2nd round if the veteran is a 2nd tier type as opposed to first.

C.  If on the off chance they don't land a veteran, they'd sign a reclamation project in FA and then still might do their QB in the 2nd round. 

If by chance Pickett falls to 11 they might take him.  But the way you put it about them zeroing in on him gives the vibe that he's the dude they really really want this off season to address QB.  I get the impression more that they see him as the best of a lot they aren't excited about and some of these QBs they grade very close to each other hence they are willing to wait until the 2nd round.   

But pre Senior bowl, Pickett was the one they liked the best.  They probably still do?  But I don't get the impression they are over the moon for him.   I am looking forward to Keim giving perhaps some up to date gossip on that front soon.  Thus far he's just giving him own opinion about what he saw watching the Senior Bowl. 

The one thing I'll say for Pickett, he's supposedly a really good interview.  He's perhaps the most charismatic dude in the mix of these QBs.  And since Rivera is a personality guy, he seems to value that (me too for that matter), he might fall for Pickett at the combine in the interviews.  Will see. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

10 minutes ago, KDawg said:

No, it doesn’t depend on the money. Cooper had a better offer here than Dallas. Where’d he go?

He didn’t, we offered 20mil guaranteed, they offered 60mil guaranteed. I also think it was noted that if you factored in tax, our net cash offer overall was less. I can’t vouch for that though.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

He didn’t, we offered 20mil guaranteed, they offered 60mil guaranteed. I also think it was noted that if you factored in tax, our net cash offer overall was less. I can’t vouch for that though.

He was going to Dallas and not us, regardless of money which is the point.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, TK said:

In order...

Watson

Murray

Wilson/Draft pick but not at 11

Winston

Wilson has been a great QB for quite a while, but I just can shake how dreadful he looked last year--especially when he played against Washington.

As for Watson, he is the youngest and most talented but...well you know. Hoping some clarity comes about with his legal situation, so the brass can decide if he is someone worth making a play for.

I don't think there is ANY fire from the Murray smoke...

17 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Rivera and Mayhew already sold TH down the river in the end of season press conference. They tried to trade for Trubisky in October as well. TH is fully aware of what the perception of him, players included I’m sure. I don’t see that comment creating a bar that has to be set at QB either.

My comment has nothing to do with how Heinicke feels.

It's the locker room.

They believed in him for a stretch last year. That's the reason a QB like him, who wasn't great but had a ton of people believing in him, was able to find success.

Now that's totally gone.

That's my point. Nothing more. 

13 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Okay.

You may be right. But again... Dude isn't coming here to play with Trubisky. C'mon. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

He was going to Dallas and not us, regardless of money which is the point.

I know he was. He was never coming here. My point was to correct the statement that he got a better offer here.

in addition, damn all this talk of Trubisky is making me come around to the idea of Jimmy G, at the right trade cost. 

Edited by Est.1974
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I know he was. He was never coming here. My point was to correct the statement that he got a better offer here.

in addition, damn all this talk of Trubisky is making me come around to the idea of Jimmy G, at the right trade cost. 

My problem with Jimmy G is that $26m cap hit...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

My problem with Jimmy G is that $26m cap hit...

Well I think anyone who trades for him must give him a new deal. But yeah, he won’t be cheap contractually. The thought that he’d cost mulch more than a third rounder plus change also isn’t great, amongst other things.

My QB preferences for the offseason:

**** YEAH (also not happening)

Wilson

Rodgers

Murray

Alright, let's see what happens

Pickett

Howell

Corrall

Well, maybe they sit for a year or two develop into something...

Willis

Ridder

Strong

I guess?

Garoppolo

Mariota

Dear God, when will it end?

Trubisky

• Like 4

I do believe the guys rallied around Heineke.  I'm sure just like us they respected his story.  They aren't dumb, they know better than we do when they see a guy who simply doesn't have the physical ability you covet from the position.  But I'm sure the fact that he kept his head down, worked hard and grinded out that playoff game garnered him a ton of respect.  But we can't confuse respect with actual belief that he can take a team to the promise land.  I recall folks really beating the drum on that, as far as to how much the team loves him, rallies behind him, on and on.  There is truth to that, it's only natural the team would rally behind a likeable underdog that gives them everything he has.  But I thought it was pretty clear towards mid season, some of the body language and even the sound bites from Terry and others - that while they like and respect the dude, and aren't going to poop on him, that they were clearly frustrated.

I don't think Ron being vocal and clear that we need a legit QB after the season plays a big role in how the other guys on the team feel about Heineke.  I'm pretty sure they like and respect him while at the same time know they need a real QB to compete.  As I said, they know that even better than we do.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I do believe the guys rallied around Heineke.  I'm sure just like us they respected his story.  They aren't dumb, they know better than we do when they see a guy who simply doesn't have the physical ability you covet from the position.  But I'm sure the fact that he kept his head down, worked hard and grinded out that playoff game garnered him a ton of respect.  But we can't confuse respect with actual belief that he can take a team to the promise land.  I recall folks really beating the drum on that, as far as to how much the team loves him, rallies behind him, on and on.  There is truth to that, it's only natural the team would rally behind a likeable underdog that gives them everything he has.  But I thought it was pretty clear towards mid season, some of the body language and even the sound bites from Terry and others - that while they like and respect the dude, and aren't going to poop on him, that they were clearly frustrated.

I don't think Ron being vocal and clear that we need a legit QB after the season plays a big role in how the other guys on the team feel about Heineke.  I'm pretty sure they like and respect him while at the same time know they need a real QB to compete.  As I said, they know that even better than we do.

This was exactly my point.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

I'd rather stick with Heinicke. .

Youre dead to me

3 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I do believe the guys rallied around Heineke.

Because he was our starter who stepped up after our starter went down. Pretty sure they rallied around RSJ and JWS too. 

Then at the bye when the wheels were falling off we decided to do absolutely everything and anything to devalue the QB position. 

Then teams figured out how to stop that and guys started punching each other because of how bad Heinicke is.

@zCommander 

Edited by Koolblue13
Banging my head against z wall
  • Haha 6

21 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

My QB preferences for the offseason:

**** YEAH (also not happening)

Wilson

Rodgers

Murray

Alright, let's see what happens

Pickett

Howell

Corrall

Well, maybe they sit for a year or two develop into something...

Willis

Ridder

Strong

I guess?

Garoppolo

Mariota

Dear God, when will it end?

Trubisky

I actually prefer Trubisky over Mariota.

Wilson isn't a hell yeah for me. He's a "I like it", though. Not sure he's worth three firsts simply due to the idea that 1) that takes QB off your board in potentially three QB solid drafts (but again, we may not be able to get them anyways) but also because his best seasons have been in years where the running game was the focus of the offense. I think we could replicate that with him and it would be awesome. I don't think I'd be upset if we paid three ones, but there would be a small, "is that going to bite us in the ass" in the back of my head. But I'd be ecstatic at such an upgrade... if that makes sense.

I also would put Pickett down a peg and slot Ridder/Willis in the "if the value is there... let's see what happens" category. But we are similar on our lists. 

Jimmy G isn't even on my list with the rumors they want a one. Big nope.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Kindof QB related, Jon Allen put up an "Ask Me Anything" on his twitter last night, and was peppered with a variety of things.  He was asked about the picture with Russ, and said he asked Russ and Ciara for a picture because he and his wife are huge fans of theirs and when asked if thought Russ would come to the Commanders, he said, "I hope so."

Lot of interesting stuff on a variety of topics, but I thought those callouts were especially interesting.