Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

Keim on Wilson

A.  He knows Wilson was inquiring about playing here and what its like to play here -- assumes that's just basic due dilgence on a team who is interested in him

B.  Those who spoke to Wilson didn't get a sense he'd dismiss coming here.  At the same time Keim goes he doesn't know what Wilson is thinking.  And who knows if he keeps checking around, some might trash this place so you never know his mind can change

C.  Says the Commanders have a sales pitch ready for him and the other big Qbs who might hit the market

D.  Then he interviewed a Seattle ESPN reporter, still listening to it now, but thus far he's saying he doesn't think Seattle trades Wilson in part because this is a bad QB class but also says its possible, for reasons includng that Carroll implied they'd listen to deals.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

4 hours ago, ExoDus84 said:

I don't understand the Marriota fixation, either. From my recollection, he was mediocre at best during his final years in Tennessee. The Titans couldn't wait to move on from him, and he's only ever been a rarely used backup since. I really don't think he makes this team a real competitor.

I think it’s a combination of things (and I know I’m surely spelling out things you already know) - 

The FO wants a vet.

With a little better qb play, this team could compete for a playoff spot.

Having a pretty good (ie playoff year) is important to the FO - so the team feels progress is made, for the fans (in the FO’s opinion), for rebranding year.

The FO likely strikes out on the top vets that have been discussed.

The rookie situation isn’t looking too great.

If the FO brings in a rookie, they may need time to develop, so a stopgap makes sense.

If the FO strikes out on their other options and have to try again next year, they’ll need a stopgap that can (potentially) play the full season.

Mariota (and Trubisky for that matter) have experience starting, have had a bit of success, aren’t washed up, may have grown/improved in their time as a backup for other teams, provide some athleticism, can at least stretch the field better than Heinicke can, and shouldn’t cost too much (including draft picks).  To me they’re at least a bit more ‘attractive’ than Andy Dalton, Nick Mullens, etc.  They may be a step down from Winston and Bridgewater, but also (in theory), a good deal less expensive, and possibly have a touch more upside.

@mistertim Does anyone see them as legitimate reclamation projects?  I haven’t seen that, but I’ll take your word for it.  For me, it’s just that they offer inexpensive, semi-competence as a place holder.

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

A.  He knows Wilson was inquiring about playing here and what its like to play here -- assumes that's just basic due dilgence on a team who is interested in him

Granted Wilson could be a bit bias due to having threads in the area, but just the fact that he is poking around at the idea of coming to this environment potentially speaks well to other QBs and how they may view us.

Just a fact that we are not an instant write off is big, even beyond Wilson.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, zCommander said:

Really depends on who is the better clown doesn't it. Can't speak for you though. :D

Enough of clowning around. Get Wilson or draft a QB and let the drafted QB duke it out with TH or Allen. 

This is why you have dead brain cells :rofl89:

Play nice. 

General warning - if you attack other posters that’s a rule violation and I will start handing out warnings and bans if posters have previous. Feel free to attack other posters logic or positions, do not attack the poster. Play the ball not the man.

• Like 1

Listened to the rest of the podcast with Keim interviewing the Seattle reporter.

The challenge is who is going to play QB for Seattle if they trade Wilson, saying throwing Heinicke in the deal doesn’t move the needle.

He thinks it will take 3 first round picks and somehow provide a path for them to get a viable QB.

One of the problems is the expectation that if team like Washington lands Wilson those first round picks likely end up late first round picks 

30 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Play nice. 

General warning - if you attack other posters that’s a rule violation and I will start handing out warnings and bans if posters have previous. Feel free to attack other posters logic or positions, do not attack the poster. Play the ball not the man.

Sorry Martin wasn't attacking koolblue13 and I can understand that it came across like such. I know better. 

The conversation started from being constipated to being full of **** to dead brain cells and which one was better...lol

I think I will just go :kickcan:

Edited by zCommander
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Listened to the rest of the podcast with Keim interviewing the Seattle reporter.

The challenge is who is going to play QB for Seattle if they trade Wilson, saying throwing Heinicke in the deal doesn’t move the needle.

He thinks it will take 3 first round picks and somehow provide a path for them to get a viable QB.

One of the problems is the expectation that if team like Washington lands Wilson those first round picks likely end up late first round picks 

Eagles could offer 3 firsts and hurts and Cleveland 3 first and baker 

I dont think we have the packages other teams have and I don't think they trade him till next year. I think he would be good but just to hard to get.

Edited by Redskins 2021
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Sorry Martin wasn't attacking koolblue13 and I can understand that it came across like such. I know better. 

The conversation started from being constipated to being full of **** to dead brain cells and which one was better...lol

I think I will just go :kickcan:

All good.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Eagles could offer 3 firsts and hurts and Cleveland 3 first and baker 

Ironic how our complete lack of talent at the QB position hinders our ability to trade for a QB.

Gotta have the thing to get the thing you need.

Edited by FootballZombie
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

....but you cant for certain that ARob wouldn't come here if Trubisky did. It might actually be the reason he would come. Or maybe it wouldn't?

From what I've read having Trubisky would likely repel Robinson as opposed to attract him to come here.  I recall the narrative about Robinson hitting Fa centered on his desire to play with a good QB.  Aside from that article below and I recall some of the narratives back then -- I watched a segment where he compared playing with Foles and Trubisky and said the main difference is Foles checks out of plays based on what he's seeing from the defense.  It made me think some about Trubisky's own admission that he has struggled at times to read defenses.

https://www.sportsmockery.com/chicago-bears/did-allen-robinson-take-a-subtle-shot-at-mitch-trubisky/

Is Allen Robinson disgruntled with his QB?

Where it gets interesting is after the game a fan on Twitter defended Robinson against any blame for either interception Mitch Trubisky threw. He put the blame more on the quarterback for badly thrown balls. Robinson made it interesting by liking the tweet.

Allen-Robinson-like.png

One of the persistent features of Robinson’s career is not being able to play with the most consistent quarterbacks. First, it was Blake Bortles in Jacksonville and now Trubisky in Chicago... it’s fair to wonder if the constantly erratic ball placement has begun to wear thin on the receiver’s patience.

freestar

One of the rumors that stuck out in the past few days was regarding the idea of a trade. When the question was raised by Robinson, belief is he asked to be sent to a team that could help him improve his prospects for free agency. That would offer an indication he doesn’t feel Trubisky is capable of bringing out his full potential.

This latest move on Twitter adds more fuel to that fire.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If they Eagles or Giants want Wilson, and he's willing to go to either, they'll get him. We have no hope whatsoever of matching their offers. They both have 2 1sts this draft as well as decent QBs that they could also include as part of the deal. We don't have either of those things.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If this is true my next question is if eagles get Wilson do we reach for Watson. If eagles are out it would be us or Carolina.

I think Watson would be best player on field for are team out of all Qb but. The rumor is on the texans message board he may get criminal charges on one or two cases. He will probably be out next year.

If the eagles get Wilson that is a game changer. We will take two steps back from them. That is the worst thing that can happen. I still dont think he gets traded but if he did. It will really force us to make a move.

Edited by Redskins 2021

15 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

Can the Eagles and Giants afford him under the cap and extend him?

Gmen no but they are in full rebuild may be worst team in league next year. Eagles maybe if they move things around.  

We need an above average QB but we need to load the team up at other spots mlb, Wr, and safety. We may not have a top Qb but if we load the other spots we could get to 10 wins then we add top qb next year. 

Edited by Redskins 2021

3 hours ago, mistertim said:

If they Eagles or Giants want Wilson, and he's willing to go to either, they'll get him. We have no hope whatsoever of matching their offers. They both have 2 1sts this draft as well as decent QBs that they could also include as part of the deal. We don't have either of those things.

Wilson will have a great deal of power if a trade is the direction Seahawks and Wilson choose to go in. I believe it will be less about the compensation and more to do with where Wilson chooses to play. This is why we are hearing “sales pitch” for guys who are trade targets. Not disregarding Seattle needing to like the deal, but Wilson has more power in that situation, in my opinion. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wit33 said:

Wilson will have a great deal of power if a trade is the direction Seahawks and Wilson choose to go in. I believe it will be less about the compensation and more to do with where Wilson chooses to play. This is why we are hearing “sales pitch” for guys who are trade targets. Not disregarding Seattle needing to like the deal, but Wilson has more power in that situation, in my opinion. 

Which is why I specifically said "and he's willing to go to either".

If he's ok with going to either of those teams then they'll get him. We don't have anything even close to the ammo they have. 

37 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Which is why I specifically said "and he's willing to go to either".

If he's ok with going to either of those teams then they'll get him. We don't have anything even close to the ammo they have. 

The Giants has picks #5 and #7 which is great ammo, but they are ****, lm not convinced that would appeal to him.

The Eagles actually have three first rounders, #15 #16 #19. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

The Giants has picks #5 and #7 which is great ammo, but they are ****, lm not convinced that would appeal to him.

The Eagles actually have three first rounders, #15 #16 #19. 

The Giants could also entice with the 2nd rounder because it is so early 36 plus Jones if they see potential with him

Albright is also fairly connected.  For those who don't want Wilson here, some said in the past they'd love to see him in the NFC East with one of our rivals because they'd rather them use the picks on him then on the draft -- IMO that's even crazier and by a mile than those who said no to Stafford in the last off season.  Yeah Kyle Hamilton is really good but a FS isn't turning the Giants or Eagles around into a division contender.  Russell Wilson would.

If we end up with Trubisky, Mariota or name whichever QB drops to 11 and the Eagles or Giants get Wilson.  We won't sniff even 2nd place in this division for many years.  Dallas and name that team that gets Wilson will own this divison IMO.  I'd add if the Eagles come in to Fedex with Wilson and we battle back with Trubisky or Jimmy G, we will have 35,000 fans in the stand with 20,000 of them being Eagles fans.

Things are bad now but you can't write up a worst script than one of the other 2 teams in the division getting a top 10 QB and we stick with the scrubs we are accusomted to and with that familiar script that fans are fed up with

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 8