Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

The options we  have are 

Trubsiky 

Marrota 

Winston

Bridgewater 

RookieQb

JimmyG 

Options we could have 

C. Wentz 

B.Mayfield

Options we want but not available 

Rodgers 

Wilson

Carr

Watson

Sign someone who gets us to ten wins. Add a Wr and Mlb in Fa.Try to aquire more picks for next year. The franchise Qb will be available in next year draft and with that teams will be more willing to move top vet Qb.

Best bet Winston and Trubisky both have won 10 games in past. Sign one of them for 2 years draft or get top Qb next year 

Edited by Redskins 2021

Winston, Trubisky, Mariotta whatever. Just get one of those clowns and hope they can be our version of Jimmy G. 

If they love one of the QBs in this draft, super. Hopefully they don't trade up for one, because it's possible 3 go before us in the first. 

Trade back for more assets in 2023 or trade up for Ridder.

I think this is the best case scenario. 

We dug this hole and Ron might have to die in it, but reaching and making panic moves, trading assets for underwhelming QBs like Mayfield and Jimmy G shouldn't be a viable option and I definitely don't want to mortgage our future for a 33yo publicly disgruntled QB coming off injuries.

• Like 1

The Colts are a sneaky team imo....I can see them making a big time play for any QB who comes available and is to their liking. I think they want out of the Wentz deal and will look for someone to replace him. I could see Indy being big time players for Rodgers and then dealing Wentz to Pittsburgh, Denver, Houston or even Wash. if we were interested (which I hope we are not). I know I'm a little off the path here but the potential for a crazy, musical QB's situation seems to be there if you read the writing on the wall. Look at the teams with uncertainty at QB:

Panthers

Steelers

Texans

Colts

Washington

SF

New Orleans

Tampa Bay

Denver

Green Bay (possibly)

Eagles ???

It's almost 1/3 of the league searching for stability at the QB position. I could see someone taking Wentz off of the Colts while the Colts gave a nice package of picks to get someone else. This would be a good year for Wilson to ask out of Seattle given the plethora of opportunities across the league. Same for Rodgers.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Winston, Trubisky, Mariotta whatever. Just get one of those clowns and hope they can be our version of Jimmy G. 

Oh wait you talk about not having dead brain cells and then you come to this thread post this bull****...lol

Why go for these clowns when you have a vet in TH who at least knows the offense. 

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Oh wait you talk about not having dead brain cells and then you come to this thread post this bull****...lol

Why go for these clowns when you have a vet in TH who at least knows the offense. 

Answered your own question there, didn't ya champ?

3 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Answered your own question there, didn't ya champ?

Really depends on who is the better clown doesn't it. Can't speak for you though. :D

Enough of clowning around. Get Wilson or draft a QB and let the drafted QB duke it out with TH or Allen. 

3 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

@zCommander 

Banging my head against z wall

This is why you have dead brain cells :rofl89:

2 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Really depends on who is the better clown doesn't it. Can't speak for you though. :D

Enough of clowning around. Get Wilson or draft a QB and let the drafted QB duke it out with TH or Allen. 

If I had your address I'd give it to Darons dad.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

Okay, this is strange.

Who is framing ANYTHING as a fact? Please go re-read my posts again. I can't post the same thing in every single post, so if you're going to break down my posts in excruciating and painful nitpicking, please do so while reading my posts. 

"If Arizona inks he and Kingsbury to extensions, he will have gotten what he wants. He is letting the Cardinals know that they are linked. And because, in MY OPINION he doesn't want to leave Arizona yet he is going to make it hard for Arizona to trade him. He doesn't have a no trade clause, but he can demand a lot from teams looking to make an offer... because those teams will want to know where he stands with an extension.  Yep.  And I responded with “Agreed”.

I don't think this is about getting out of Arizona. It's about staying in". Yep.  And my response to this was “Sure seem that way”

I have very clearly labeled all of this as an opinion.  Yep.  Which is why I made it as clear as I could that the above two opinions had nothing to do with the “framing as fact” bit.

Frankly, I’m hesitant to respond because you’re strangely defensive and more importantly, it really doesn’t seem like you read what I wrote given how you responded… 

This is the “fact” bit we’re talking about, and bear in mind I asked earlier how you know Murray will make “outlandish demands” and I didn’t see a response (which is fine of course - it’s not an obligation to answer my questions, lol).

(Your quote) ”But if they don't get extensions, he will want to go where Kingsbury is.”  

(My response) You could be right, just like you could be right about Murray making outlandish demands in a trade (were it to get to that point).  Not sure why you’re framing these things as a fact though?  Did that came across as abrasive to you?  It wasn’t intended that way, so I apologize if that was the case. 

BTW, I mean, nitpicking?  Really?  Nitpicking means finding small faults, yet I agreed with you on 4 separate points and simply asked 2 questions.  “He is not”.  “He is not what?”  “Stop nitpicking!”  Lol.  (Sorry, I usually try to be diplomatic and empathetic, but that really did make me laugh).  

One last point, (and I kinda hate to belabor the absurdity of it all), but you know when someone goes through something in excruciating detail, it usually means they’re reading it closely, no?

Edit:  Dang, just noticed the responses I put inside your quote aren’t visible unless expanded.  Oh well.

Edited by skinny21

17 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

Frankly, I’m hesitant to respond because you’re strangely defensive and more importantly, it really doesn’t seem like you read what I wrote given how you responded… 

This is the “fact” bit we’re talking about, and bear in mind I asked earlier how you know Murray will make “outlandish demands” and I didn’t see a response (which is fine of course - it’s not an obligation to answer my questions, lol).

(Your quote) ”But if they don't get extensions, he will want to go where Kingsbury is.”  

(My response) You could be right, just like you could be right about Murray making outlandish demands in a trade (were it to get to that point).  Not sure why you’re framing these things as a fact though?  Did that came across as abrasive to you?  It wasn’t intended that way, so I apologize if that was the case. 

BTW, I mean, nitpicking?  Really?  Nitpicking means finding small faults, yet I agreed with you on 4 separate points and simply asked 2 questions.  “He is not”.  “He is not what?”  “Stop nitpicking!”  Lol.  (Sorry, I usually try to be diplomatic and empathetic, but that really did make me laugh).  

One last point, (and I kinda hate to belabor the absurdity of it all), but you know when someone goes through something in excruciating detail, it usually means they’re reading it closely, no?

Edit:  Dang, just noticed the responses I put inside your quote aren’t visible unless expanded.  Oh well.

You said I was making it seem like I was stating fact. I said it was my opinion several times. Not much more needs to be said.

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

You said I was making it seem like I was stating fact. I said it was my opinion several times. Not much more needs to be said.

You said other things were your opinion (quite clearly).  If you meant to say the two things I quoted were opinion, that’s cool.  No worries.  We’re on the same page now. 👍  

At this point somebody else’s cast off is definitely not what we need.  Could a couple of them win some games for us; probably, but none are the long term answer.  They are available because they have already been judged unworthy by another team.

2 minutes ago, evmiii said:

At this point somebody else’s cast off is definitely not what we need.  Could a couple of them win some games for us; probably, but none are the long term answer.  They are available because they have already been judged unworthy by another team.

Unfortunately, at this time that is what we can get.

Edited by Redskins 2021

I don't understand the Marriota fixation, either. From my recollection, he was mediocre at best during his final years in Tennessee. The Titans couldn't wait to move on from him, and he's only ever been a rarely used backup since. I really don't think he makes this team a real competitor.

• Like 2

Just now, ExoDus84 said:

I don't understand the Marriota fixation, either. From my recollection, he was mediocre at best during his final years in Tennessee. The Titans couldn't wait to move on from him, and he's only ever been a rarely used backup since. I really don't think he makes this team a real competitor.

He always injured is the major problem with him.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

He and Trubisky seem to be the "reclamation" QBs du jour. Every season there seems to be one or two guys who for some reason some fans think we can turn around. Never really happens, no matter where they go.

Though I think most posters here realize that neither of those guys are anything other than stopgaps.

We also just hope that Ron and the coaches realize the same thing and they don't somehow talk themselves into believing that either of those guys are anything more than that.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

He and Trubisky seem to be the "reclamation" QBs du jour. Every season there seems to be one or two guys who for some reason some fans think we can turn around. Never really happens, no matter where they go.

Though I think most posters here realize that neither of those guys are anything other than stopgaps.

We also just hope that Ron and the coaches realize the same thing and they don't somehow talk themselves into believing that either of those guys are anything more than that.

I think they know they are stop gaps but there is no one to draft or trade for.

28 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

I think they know they are stop gaps but there is no one to draft or trade for.

I think it's a stretch to say there's no one to draft. It all depends on how much our coaching staff like the QBs in this class.

However if it really came down to it and we completely struck out on the big trade targets and our coaches truly didn't like any of the QBs available at 11, I'd actually prefer to just have Trubisky or Mariota (I just threw up in my mouth a little bit) as opposed to trading a 2nd and giving a big new contract to Jimmy G.

Trubisky and Mariota aren't very good QBs but they won't cost a boatload and we won't be tied to them. With Jimmy G he's a bit better but IMO not by much and we'd be on the hook for a high draft pick and a big contract so it would probably be less likely that we'd move on from him quickly.

I'd still be really surprised if the coaching staff and FO didn't think any of those QBs are worth that 11th pick. (Though it's also possible that the one guy we like gets picked before us and we didn't like him enough to trade up).

Where would you expect Russell Wilson to play in 2022?

David, my sense is all of that remains in flux, and Wilson is open to exploring his options.

As I see it, Seahawks owner Jody Allen is the X-factor. I’ve heard she’s for keeping Wilson—which wouldn’t exactly be a wild train of thought for an owner. The question has been how badly, and what it’ll mean if Wilson, eventually, becomes more forceful about seeking a new home. Meanwhile, from a team-building standpoint, it’s fair to surmise that this might actually be an ideal time to move Wilson, while he’s still relatively young (at 33) and has two years left on his contract (that’s what Matthew Stafford had left when he was traded).

If I had to guess, I’d say he’ll eventually get moved. And I’d have said the destination was going to be the Saints a month ago. Now that Sean Payton’s gone, let’s put him in the NFC East … to the Eagles. In a way, it’d be a sort of redemptive move for Howie Roseman, who was part of a front office that planned to take Wilson in the third round in 2012, only to have Seattle scoop him up earlier in the round.

Do you think Daboll brings in Mitch Trubisky to compete/back up Daniel Jones?

Don, you can reference my earlier question. The answer is yes. The Bills loved what they got from Trubisky in 2021. So Daboll bringing him to New York would make a ton of sense. And it’d make sense for Trubisky—Jones slipping early could lead to an opportunity for him to change the narrative on his career, and in a system he’s obviously familiar with. 

Have you heard anything about the Raiders extending or trading Derek Carr? What do you think Josh McDaniels does?

Josh, I can say that McDaniels really likes Carr and made the effort, right away, to reach out to Carr and start building a relationship with him. And if you listen to how McDaniels has spoken about Carr publicly, both in his introductory presser and in my Monday column this week, it’s pretty clear that the Raiders are planning to go forward with him.

For how long? That’s harder to say. From a plainly logistical standpoint, having Carr going into a contract year isn’t a bad spot for McDaniels and GM Dave Ziegler to be in. It gives them a chance to evaluate Carr for a year, while also getting a good look at what else will be out there, in the draft and on the veteran market, over the next two offseasons. The issue there would be if Carr is dead set on the Raiders making a decision on his future now.

I don’t know if he is. But it’s obviously worth watching to see whether the Raiders start working on a Carr extension, and what might happen if they don’t.

10 hours ago, KDawg said:

#1 directly relates to why I don’t think Murray is an option. LTD will be here to come by.

No, it doesn’t depend on the money. Cooper had a better offer here than Dallas. Where’d he go?

You can't say where Robinson will go or what the reasons will be. Some guys are looking for money as its there last payday, others have various reasons for where they sign. Maybe Cooper had just built a home in Dallas and liked the area? I don't know....but you cant for certain that ARob wouldn't come here if Trubisky did. It might actually be the reason he would come. Or maybe it wouldn't? But comparing him or anyone else to Cooper and his reasons would be a totally different situation. 

I've thrown my hat in on Trubisky....what's your plan?