Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

The Eagles are losing Peter's and probably Kelce. Their Oline is going to suck worse than Seattle's. They also have almost no talent on defense. They have a great young WR and a run game, but thats about it. They're definitely not a QB away and that's pretty obvious. 

The Giants really have nothing. 

Neither of those are a QB away teams.

If Wilson wants to win, he goes to the Colts, Broncos or WF....sigh...commanders.

• Like 2

One of the problems with any of these QBs that are being talked about getting traded: Who do the teams losing these quarterbacks replace them with?

If Wilson goes to the Giants, Daniel Jones is probably in the offer. A downgrade for sure. Could also draft a guy with one of their picks. If Wilson goes to the Eagles, Hurts likely goes to the Seahawks, could also draft a guy with one of their picks. A downgrade, but he has some excitement about him. If Wilson is traded to Washington... Heinicke goes to Seattle?

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, Est.1974 said:

Pete Carroll always appeared to think highly of Carson Wentz.

If I were one of these top QB's Indy would be very intriguing to me.

If Reich wants to move from Wentz...that isn't a good sign for Wentz as he was his one believer in him. I know I am not. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

If I were one of these top QB's Indy would be very intriguing to me.

If Reich wants to move from Wentz...that isn't a good sign for Wentz as he was his one believer in him. I know I am not. 

The thing Wentz has is that he has had some success in the League. Of course, his attitude is a deal breaker in a lot of regards but if you HAVE to move a QB and you HAVE to get a QB back in return...

Of all the QB needy teams, Indy (Wentz) is one of the more acceptable Russ replacements. They'd have to factor in the Wentz demeanor/whatever the issue has been in locker rooms to determine if the trade would be worth it. 

14 minutes ago, KDawg said:

One of the problems with any of these QBs that are being talked about getting traded: Who do the teams losing these quarterbacks replace them with?

If Wilson goes to the Giants, Daniel Jones is probably in the offer. A downgrade for sure. Could also draft a guy with one of their picks. If Wilson goes to the Eagles, Hurts likely goes to the Seahawks, could also draft a guy with one of their picks. A downgrade, but he has some excitement about him. If Wilson is traded to Washington... Heinicke goes to Seattle?

That's Tom Brady Slayer Taylor Heinicke....maybe they like Kyle Allen...

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Yep agree. That was a heavy discussion point yesterday.    Daniel Jones has his faults and plenty of them but he has more upside than Heinicke.   I am not a big Jalen Hurts guy, but he's at least OK and makes your team competitive. 

Among other things, I posted yesterday a Seattle reporter even flat out suggested they'd need a QB solution on their end and Heinicke won't get that done. And suggested the draft doesn't look enticing for QB this year.   And implied Seattle isn't going rebuild, a QB needs to be part of this.  Hence as I've been saying recently, it looks like to pull off something crazy, they'd need to work a 3 way trade -- who would be the the third partner, you got me.

If I had to game this out, I could see a trade to the Raiders where Derek Carr goes to Seattle.  

The crappy FA situation, draft situation for that spot and our own crappy situation with a QB all works against us.  I think the only thing working for us is it looks like he isn't opposed to come here, Keim now hinted the same (though I wonder if that changes if Dan keeps bringing negative attention to himself) coupled with I think they'd offer a Godfather deal.

No sarcasm implied but I wish Heinicke was anything even close to what the Heinicke Hive thinks he is -- if he were we'd have a better shot at Wilson. 

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

The Eagles are losing Peter's and probably Kelce. Their Oline is going to suck worse than Seattle's. They also have almost no talent on defense. They have a great young WR and a run game, but thats about it. They're definitely not a QB away and that's pretty obvious. 

The Giants really have nothing. 

Neither of those are a QB away teams.

If Wilson wants to win, he goes to the Colts, Broncos or WF....sigh...commanders.

I wish all of this were true.  They got some pieces on defense.  we can talk all day long about the potential of our defense but we had the borderline bottom dwelling defense last year, ranked 27th on football outsiders.   Sheehan likes to say the Eagles have a much better roster, while I think that's hyperbole, the Eagles I do agree have a roster that's at least competitive with ours. 

As for the Giants, their defense is good, especially their secondary.  Ranked 18th on Football Outsiders.  They were top 10 defensively like we were the previous year but slumped at the start of the season and came on at the end.  McKinney is becoming a beast.  They were killed with injuries this year including losing Blake Martinez early.

Giants have plenty of passing weapons.  their problem is the offensive line and QB.  Andrew Thomas is developing into a stud after a bad rookie year but they need 2-3 more pieces on it.

https://www.espn.com/blog/philadelphia-eagles/post/_/id/32479/is-the-philadelphia-eagles-defense-for-real-inside-the-dramatic-turnaround

PHILADELPHIA -- Just about any way you slice it, the Philadelphia Eagles are one of the top defenses in the NFL statistically heading into Sunday's Week 17 matchup against the Washington Football Team (1 p.m. ET, Fox).

They're fifth overall in opponent yards per game (320.2), third in yards per play (5.0), second in limiting pass plays of 20 air yards or more (14), fourth in three-and-out rate (35 percent) and yards per rush (3.9), and 12th in points per game (21.2).

The unit has helped propel the Eagles (8-7) into playoff contention, and there's now buzz that first-year defensive coordinator Jonathan Gannon could be considered for some of the head coach openings this offseason.

Final 2021 NFL Offensive Line Rankings

4. PHILADELPHIA EAGLES (UP 5)

LT Jordan Mailata | 86.9
LG Landon Dickerson | 67.3
C Jason Kelce | 84.8
RG Jack Driscoll | 70.4
RT Lane Johnson | 82.4

The Eagles ended up using 15 different offensive linemen this season, so it’s not a surprise that it took them some time to process all the losses and get into their groove. But once this group was settled, it dominated and propelled the team back into playoff contention as the foundation of a potent ground game.

Jordan Mailata became one of the game’s best linemen this season, enough to make PFF’s All-Pro second team. Mailata allowed 20 pressures in 14 starts. Lane Johnson at right tackle did not surrender a sack in 13 games, and 34-year-old Jason Kelce at center just somehow continues to run block like no other.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

Seattle reporter on Sheehan's show it brought me back to the days where I used to say how arrogant their media is.

In short:

A.  Wilson is elite.  The team always knows they have a shot to win every game and make the post season with him at the helm.  Accolade after accolade given to Wilson by him -- walks on water, how he's wanted to be great since he was a kid, on and on and on.

B.  He thinks that Wilson has some interest to leave but in the end will decide to stay because Seattle's roster is just better than any other option he has so he will stay because he wants to win championships -- not just one but multiple ones and Seattle will give him the best shot to do it.

C.  He thinks the best shot for him to ask out is an underwhelming off season where he is pissed about what they do. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Ron and co better be calling Seattle every day. Call them until they finally get annoyed and take what we’re offering 

I'm sure they're doing whatever they can legally do at this stage with regard to gauging the team/player interest.

Wilson is 33. I'm not giving up a Watson-level package for him. I could talk myself into the 3 1st round picks, but not willing to throw in any of our players outside of Payne. And even then, I would think 3 1st round picks would be the most I'd pay.

1 hour ago, HigSkin said:

I was starting to buy in to the Wilson hype until I read this from a Seahawks beat reporter. They turned down an offer that we are not even capable of matching. If this reporter is right. And I would not be interested in even trying to match it in all honesty. 

However, last year the Bears offered three first-round picks, a third-rounder, plus Pro Bowl DT Akiem Hicks and All-Pro OLB Khalil Mack and Seattle still said no. If they’re not going to take Chicago’s massive 2021 offer, it’s hard to imagine one that they will.

https://seahawkswire.usatoday.com/2022/02/08/russell-wilson-trade-rumors-reach-new-level-of-ridiculous/

Edited by clskinsfan

4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I was starting to buy in to the Wilson hype until I read this from a Seahawks beat reporter. They turned down an offer that we are not even capable of matching. If this reporter is right. And I would not be interested in even trying to match it in all honesty. 

However, last year the Bears offered three first-round picks, a third-rounder, plus Pro Bowl DT Akiem Hicks and All-Pro OLB Khalil Mack and Seattle still said no. If they’re not going to take Chicago’s massive 2021 offer, it’s hard to imagine one that they will.

https://seahawkswire.usatoday.com/2022/02/08/russell-wilson-trade-rumors-reach-new-level-of-ridiculous/

Yup, seems crazy but I also believe I read the Bears were wanting to do a salary dump with Mack and Hicks.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Redskins 2021 said:

The nyg do not want Wilson they are a total rebuild. The eagles are the ones to worry about. I think Seattle will run it back and trade Wilson next year.

Yeah I definitely agree that the Eagles are the biggest threat. Giants are still a bit of a wildcard for Wilson, but they're still not a QB away at this point.

As far as Seattle trading Wilson it may depend on how sure they are that he'll want out soon. If they're very sure but they think they might still be able to hold on to him for one more season they'd have to decide whether it's better to get as much in trade capital as they can for him now or take the risk that he may be worth less next year (a year older and could also potentially get injured) in an effort to make one last Super Bowl push with him.

From what I've read it sounds like Wilson is being a bit wishy-washy about it. He apparently hasn't demanded a trade yet but has hinted at it and has made his displeasure with the organization known. So at this point they're probably just hanging on and hoping he doesn't demand a trade.

I have a feeling that at the end of the day he'll stay in Seattle. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If I had to game this out, I could see a trade to the Raiders where Derek Carr goes to Seattle.  

The crappy FA situation, draft situation for that spot and our own crappy situation with a QB all works against us.  I think the only thing working for us is it looks like he isn't opposed to come here, Keim now hinted the same (though I wonder if that changes if Dan keeps bringing negative attention to himself) coupled with I think they'd offer a Godfather deal.

No sarcasm implied but I wish Heinicke was anything even close to what the Heinicke Hive thinks he is -- if he were we'd have a better shot at Wilson. 

I agree and think you probably only be seeing named non FA QB's moving if there is a decent QB going to the other team. One exception could be Houston if they are Mills believers. 

To touch on your non sarcasm note, if TH was close to Hive quality we would only be drafting a QB. could be at 11, later in the 1st or in the 2nd. We would not be worrying about a bridge because he would be a sufficient bridge. 

• Like 1

I don't see it as stealing like the tweet below.  Eagles would have the better ammuniton, three first rounders and Hurts.  But I would say it could not get more devastating for some fans, including myself if the Eagles got Wilson and we come forward with Jimmy G-Trubisky or name that dude from the draft. 

It would be an atom bomb level hit IMO as for despair as a fan.  Outside of them doing something crazy like oddly firing Rivera this would destory the season as far as fan excitment more than anything you can imagine IMO.    It would basically IMO make our team irrelevant in this division both in terms of a national conversation topic and ditto as to performance on the field.  It would be a duo battle every season between Dallas and the Eagles for the division IMO.  We'd become like who the Jets are in the AFC East, a nonfactor.

So for me, its not the end of the world of Seattle doesn't trade Wilson.  To me armaggedon for the franchise would be them trading him to the Eagles.   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I don't see it as stealing like the tweet below.  Eagles would have the better ammuniton, three first rounders and Hurts.  But I would say it could not get more devastating for some fans, including myself if the Eagles got Wilson and we come forward with Jimmy G-Trubisky or name that dude from the draft. 

It would be an atom bomb level hit IMO as for despair as a fan.  Outside of them doing some crazy like oddly firing Rivera this would destory the season as far as fan excitment more than anything you can imagine IMO.    It would basically IMO make our team irrelevant in this division both in terms of a national conversation topic and ditto as to performance on the field.  It would be a duo battle every season between Dallas and the Eagles for the division IMO.  We'd become like who the Jets are in the NFC East, a nonfactor.

So for me, its not the end of the world of Seattle doesn't trade Wilson.  To me armaggedon for the franchise would be them trading him to the Eagles.   

Armageddon could also be if Dan hears this and offers too too much for Wilson.