Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

I am wondering if the surprise Qb could be Lamar Jackson. His contract is up and he is going to get huge money. Has been great in regular season but not playoffs. He was hurt last year.

I would give the 3 first no question asked for him. I doubt it's him but he would make at least 25 teams think about getting new qb.

As for Mayfield it would probably be a first round pick. Before they trade him they would want JimmyG or Kirk Cousins.  I am mixed on Mayfield the cost will be higher then we think look what S. Darnold got.

Edited by Redskins 2021

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

His mentions I gather were based on NFL sources/personnel people and for whatever reason they didn't mention Baker.

On 980 this morning, Standig if I heard him right said he has a source that told him there could be a surprise QB on the market but didn't tell Ben who that guy is.

I'm taking a wild guess here so don't clown me too hard for it. But if I had to guess it could possibly be Lamar Jackson. Huntley played fairly well down the stretch, Jacksons about to be due for a massive extension and I cant remember where I saw it yesterday but heard they definitely dont see anything being done by training camp and that the two sides are really far apart. Again could be totally off base and just taking a guess based off tea leaves.

16 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

I'm taking a wild guess here so don't clown me too hard for it. But if I had to guess it could possibly be Lamar Jackson. Huntley played fairly well down the stretch, Jacksons about to be due for a massive extension and I cant remember where I saw it yesterday but heard they definitely dont see anything being done by training camp and that the two sides are really far apart. Again could be totally off base and just taking a guess based off tea leaves.

Saw the something yesterday. The way Huntley played they must think it's a system thing with Jackson that is crazy. I would take him before any of the other Qb this year. 

They could franchise him after next year so he is under contract two more years but you never know. That would be a game changer to get him. I imagine they will want more then what houston wants for Watson.

Reading on there board I think it is him. Sounds like contract negotiation are not going well. 

Edited by Redskins 2021

12 hours ago, mistertim said:

Oh great, we're back to "Heinicke beat Brady".

But you at least acknowledge that he's only a backup now, so there's some progress being made.

I do agree with you about trading him though. I doubt we'd get any more than a 5th or 6th rounder for him, and his value as a good backup is much more than whatever special teams player we'd likely get with a 6th round pick.

Cut him and get a better backup.

36 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

And the Giants will unlikely be in this strong position next year where they got two top ten picks as trade barter.  So let the Giants feel like Trubisky is the guy because if so IMO -- that's perfect. 

The smart play for NYG would be to take Kyle Hamilton at 5, and then trade #7 for a later 2022 and next years 1st. That would keep them with multiple firsts ad infinitum and add a huge talent if Hamilton is there at 5

Just now, bowhunter said:

The smart play for NYG would be to take Kyle Hamilton at 5, and then trade #7 for a later 2022 and next years 1st. That would keep them with multiple firsts ad infinitum and add a huge talent if Hamilton is there at 5

I could see that. I know the need offenaive linemen. I think they will be picking in top 3 next year so I can't see them going qb.

8 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Saw the something yesterday. The way Huntley played they must think it's a system thing with Jackson that is crazy. I would take him before any of the other Qb this year. 

They could franchise him after next year so he is under contract two more years but you never know. That would be a game changer to get him. 

I mean it kinda makes sense. You trade him get a ton of picks, roll with Huntley for a year and see what he has. If hes not it you've got a ton of picks and cap room to go get you a qb in a stronger class next year plus money to put stuff around the new qb.

Just now, Mrshadow008 said:

I mean it kinda makes sense. You trade him get a ton of picks, roll with Huntley for a year and see what he has. If hes not it you've got a ton of picks and cap room to go get you a qb in a stronger class next year plus money to put stuff around the new qb.

I think they would have done very well in playoffs if they did not have all those injuries. I think they were a super bowl level team. It would be nuts to trade him without taking a shot. 

However, the package they would get for him I think would be 3 first 2 players and more picks. I don't think they want to make him the highest paid Qb 50 million a year. Also, they may really like a Qb coming out next year CJ Stroud or Bryce Young and may think they are better off running with Huntley and getting one of them next year. I think he will play there for the year but after that who knows.

1 minute ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

I fully expect us to miss out on getting the top qbs, whether that's thru a trade, free agency or draft.  Not only this year but even next year.

That could happen and would beyond disappointing 

14 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

I fully expect us to miss out on getting the top qbs, whether that's thru a trade, free agency or draft.  Not only this year but even next year.

Do you have any optimism?  Dude, at the very least we will draft what's consider a top QB this year.  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

If we completely miss out this year (don't think it happens), then we may well be in a good position in next years draft to get a QB.

47 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

They would trade 5 because it’s in front of the broncos who could be going QB

39 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Fully expect this as well. They are firmly in QB purgatory 

46 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

I think they trade #7 to get 23 draft capital. Tampa, Pittsburgh and New Orleans seem likely trade partners.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RWJ said:

Mabye Nagy figures into the issues that Trubisky has in Chicago.  Zampese is a good QB coach.  Just saying.  :)  I think Trubisky has more upside than Taylor and I am a Taylor fan. 

If Trubisky is good enough to rehab then why draft someone.

Drafting a QB and signing one is trying to go all in while hedging our bets at the same time. It doesn't make sense

29 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Do you have any optimism?  Dude, at the very least we will draft what's consider a top QB this year.  

This team is toxic because of our owner.

The Top Qbs if available by trade, won't come here.

The free agent class is mediocre. We probably have to overpay to get the best of the mediocre class.

Draft  - There are too many teams ahead of us to get the best qbs this year and I expect next year will be same scenario.

4 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

This team is toxic because of our owner.

The Top Qbs if available by trade, won't come here.

The free agent class is mediocre. We probably have to overpay to get the best of the mediocre class.

Draft  - There are too many teams ahead of us to get the best qbs this year and I expect next year will be same scenario.

Disagree. For one this is a huge media market for one. If they come here and win it shoots you to even more national relevance which could be huge deal for someone like Wilson. Secondly Rivera is insanely respected among players and around league. And if you need a reason why go take a look at Jeremy Reaves tweets from last night and this morning. Rivera makes the team respectable even if the owner is a piece of trash.

8 minutes ago, carex said:

If Trubisky is good enough to rehab then why draft someone.

Drafting a QB and signing one is trying to go all in while hedging our bets at the same time. It doesn't make sense

Trubisky’s one of a few (cheap and available) qbs that has the potential or possibility to reach roughly a league average play, but there’s no guarantee.

It seems the plan would be Trubisky and a 2nd rounder - semi-competency (hopefully better) and a guy to develop that has some potential.  So hedging bets?  Yes.  Going all in?  Not really, no.