Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

There alot going on behind the scene I think we may get a qb we are not even thinking of. 

Radiers said they want to keep Carr they probably do but what if they can get lamar jackson or R. Wilson maybe not.  What if cleveland or Indy gets JimmyG. We will do something but I don't think anyone including front office knows rite now.

There alot of moving parts rite now odds are it does not work out for us but you never know.

When we first traded for Alex Smith, I didn’t like the move.  Was disappointed we let Cousins go. 

In hindsight, it was a smart move.  Didn’t cost that much and he had an excellent winning percentage with the team.  Was a shame he got hurt.

Just saying a mid-tier guy like Jimmy G might not be the end of the world.  He wins.  I am concerned about his health in particular though. 

I want a top-tier guy too, but a mid-tier guy at the right price could potentially work.  Might be the best possibility without a QB to send back in a trade.

Seems like a similar situation as the attempted Cutler trade years ago.  Then, Kyle Orton held more value than Jason Campbell.  Den didn’t want our QB.

Edited by Andre The Giant
  • Like 1
  • Thumb down 4
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

So many signs, its just inevitable....

He's posing in front of an L.A. sign. Just to Russ's right is the street "Jefferson". As in...Van Jefferson, the WR of the LA Rams. Is he going to the Rams?

NO!

Jefferson is the last name of of the third President in the United States. Third...as in the number 3. Number 3 is a reference to the DMV, which are represented on the black jerseys by, you guessed it, THREE stars. Russel Wilson is a star. He is going to sign a THREE year deal with us.

Welcome to D.C Russ!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ExoDus84 said:

In case you needed any more evidence that it's a done deal...Here's the pic Skinsinparadise posted:

Russ_LA.jpg.7a28e71e36fed51659e9c764920720ba.jpg

Now, look closer...

Russ_closer.jpg.6cadce196036d36682462ec9e52bd7ea.jpg

No, no....I mean CLOSER....

1713878235_Russ_SuperClose.jpg.8ac0e331a7b730ff76db9ffad9f45306.jpg

We finally got our franchise QB guys!

Y'all are focusing on the wrong part of that pic.  just sayin

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

I've been trying to piece together what was written because I'm not paying ESPN insider $$$ but....

https://riggosrag.com/2022/01/21/fans-hate-espn-nfl-exec-trade-prediction-washington/

In the annual article, multiple league executives and insiders predict 10 bold moves for the offseason with a focus on the QB position. Here’s why an anonymous NFC scout thinks Garoppolo will end up getting dealt to Washington.

“I have some concerns about Garoppolo outside of the Kyle Shanahan offense, but Washington has some in-breaking stuff that would be similar,” the exec said. “It wouldn’t be as much of an issue if you can define throws for him.”

“I don’t get the sense a return for Garoppolo would be that pricey, either. Some teams believe you shouldn’t have to give up a first-round pick for him because it’s known that San Francisco is probably ready to play Lance, thus hurting its leverage. Plus, his $24 million salary on the last year of his deal must be reworked. But Garoppolo has played well enough to garner at least a strong Day 2 pick.”

Reference what was said about Wilson -

https://www.nflanalysis.net/nfl-exec-makes-bombshell-comments-on-russell-wilsons-future-with-seahawks/

“I don’t think they are as high on him as they let on,” an AFC exec said. “You’ve got to remember they’ve looked into trading him multiple times now. You don’t do that with a top guy unless you’re comfortable with it.”

Reference Mayfield about not being a great fit in Cleveland - (this one is dated)

Edited by HigSkin

12 minutes ago, HigSkin said:
I've been trying to piece together what was written because I'm not paying ESPN insider $$$ but....

https://www.nflanalysis.net/nfl-exec-makes-bombshell-comments-on-russell-wilsons-future-with-seahawks/

“I don’t think they are as high on him as they let on,” an AFC exec said. “You’ve got to remember they’ve looked into trading him multiple times now. You don’t do that with a top guy unless you’re comfortable with it.”

Reference Mayfield about not being a great fit in Cleveland - (this one is dated)

I'd give up a 1st and change for Baker.  In a hearbeat!  :)  

• Like 2

Rodgers is a great QB.  Best QB the last two year in the NFL but I wouldn't give up a bounty for a 38-year-old QB.  RW is 5 years younger.  We could trade away 2 1st and Rodgers retires after 1 year.  Too iffy for me.  Love the guy don't get me wrong.   

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Darth Tater said:

What is worse? Taking a big swing and whiffing or taking the big swing only to fly out?

fly out.  Because to me that suggests you connect, ie make the trade, and then something goes wrong.  Like Alex Smith was a flyout

8 hours ago, Darth Tater said:

Of course, I'd say Ron is on strike two. If he doesn't hit it out of the park, he's probably a gonner.

That would be a mistake IMO. Ron deserves at least the same amount of time Gruden was allowed. While there may be an excellent candidate out there coordinator wise and unknown to most of us, all I keep envisioning being available are retreads and arrogant college coaches that think they have it all figured out. I still think Winston is the best option for us. Not that he's better than Wilson but we could acquire him and not be hamstrung in other areas. We could even trade down and take Ridder in such a scenario. Would that be better than just going hard after Wilson or similar? That's the 64K question. Depth is crucial to a team going all the way and that would be severely restricted if we choose to go hard after Wilson, Carr or whomever in that tier. Maybe we could pull it off regardless. I don't know.

Listened to Galdi, he made a point in a recent podcast that last year was an improvement with the 7 win season over the previous 7 win season.  Football Outsiders graded out schedule last year as the hardest in the NFL using their DVOA metrics.

Some argued with me before last season that heck we don't know if the schedule is hard until the season plays out and how our perception of it now means nothing.  I got the point, things change, etc, but there is a limit to that logic when you are facing just about every elite QB in the NFL.  You don't need to be Nostradamous to predict a schedule with:  Herbert, Allen, Rodgers, Brady, Mahomes, Wilson with the "easier" games being Carr and Ryan won't be a piece of cake. 

Conversely, outside of Rodgers if he returns to GB our new version next year of murders row:  Mayfield, Kirk, Ryan, Tannehill might not be as tough?  I know we can't predict the toughness of a schedule to a tee but call me crazy that going from a season where you are facing just about every top 10 QB to one where you are facing almost none of them will be easier. 😀

My point is if they make some improvements this should be a playoff team even if its not with the be all end all QB.  And look I am rooting almost obnoxiously so for getting that franchise QB.  But for the stragglers hoping or expecting for Ron to be gone I don't think its in the cards at least not soon.

I know some like @Voice_of_Reason ? (though he likes Rivera and doesn't want to see him go) and maybe a few others I gather might believe that Dan can get any coach just about he desires and nothing has changed from the past on the front.  Will see if it unfolds like that.  I think things have changed dramatically from the past.  I don't think this place will attract any headliners anymore if they fire Rivera.   It would likely be a retread ala a Herm Edwards type or name that a coordinator who for whatever reason isn't being offered jobs elsewhere. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 5

I am extremely confident that Rivera has been given complete control of the reins of this franchise for at least 4 seasons. When Rivera was hired I believe Snyder understood this was the only/best course to turn around the team's fortunes. I also promised myself I would not openly criticize Rivera's decisions for the first 2.5 seasons. I have kept to that promise, but the bill is coming due this November. His seat would barely become warm next February even with last place in the division.

9 hours ago, Darth Tater said:

Of course, I'd say Ron is on strike two. If he doesn't hit it out of the park, he's probably a gonner.

This strikes me as unfair. Ron got Washington to seven wins, was in playoff contention all year despite starting a backup QB all year and losing 3/4s of his team to injury and COVID. From that perspective, Rivera overachieved. 

On the other hand, the slow start and implosion of the defense goes against him in a big way. If the D wasn’t Haslett-bad up to the bye, we’d have made the playoffs. 

Given that his first season, he won the division and was really competitive in the playoffs and last year was a hair’s breadth from making the playoffs again despite a ton going against him, I’d say Ron is several runs down, but has at most one strike against him at his turn at bat. 

Edited by Burgold

@Skinsinparadise Wow on GB but makes sense IF he wants to stay and play there.  My guess they will get him the pieces he wants.  TB amongst others looking at RW not a shocker to anyone really, not to me anyway.  :)  

Commanders need to get their guy this time.  RR is doing his best making the rounds to sell it.  Good man.  He's all in.